DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 3, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #6,121 of 22,021
Hi there,

I feel like a little bug that I'd like to share and eventually report to @Paul - iBasso .

I usually listen to music by folder and shut screen off while playing the whole album. When I come to be interupted, I push "pause/play button". Nothing special.
When I can follow up my listening session, I push "pause/play button" again. And ... nothing happens. "pause/play button" is inactive until screen is switched on. It is a bit annoying. I like using buttons whithout switching on the screen.

Do you encounter the same behavior? @Paul , is it in your todo list?

PS: I enjoy DX200 for a month or so, congrats iBasso keep the good job (and updates :wink:

Yes this issue happens in Android Mango app. I've already informed Paul several weeks ago but no FW update for this... It's annoying indeed. Meanwhile you can use Mango OS which doesn't have this bug.

May 3, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #6,122 of 22,021
May 3, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #6,123 of 22,021
It's because Android enters doze mode and ignores any keypresses. That's why I've implemented user configurable idle mode timeout period in the built-in version of USB Audio for DX200, which prevents Android from deep sleep. It does not work for Mango though.
Well the strange thing is that sometimes (very occasionally) the Play button works but usually it doesn't work even after only few seconds after pausing music (important: with a screen turned off). Obviously the time when Play button works is random.

May 3, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #6,124 of 22,021
Obviously the time when Play button works is random.
It depends on wakelocks from many system processes. They may keep Android from sleeping for some time, but, once it has decided, it starts ignoring new wakelocks and turns off almost everything.

In DX200, when you turn screen off, Android immediately goes to very reduced mode. For instance, it stops 7 out of 8 CPU kernels. Then it just waits for a moment to enter doze mode.

May 4, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #6,126 of 22,021
I've finally had a few 4.4mm -> 3.5mm/2.5mm adapter cables made which will make some comparisons easier :-

9937750.jpg

On a brief listening of the DX200 against the NW-WM1Z and against the Woo Audio WA8, the DX200 seems to have a more neutral presentation in the mid range compared to the other two. The WA8 and NW-WM1Z have more in common with each other than with the DX200. With the former, vocals seem more "strong" and more "focused" whist the DX200 seems to have a "flatter" neutral signature.

I have to listen to a littler more but I get the feeling the DX200 seems to pick up little nuances tad more easily than the WA8 but the WA8 isn't far behind. The WA8s is naturally able to exhibit the tube reverberation that the DX200 can't.

The DX200 main strength seems to be it's neutrality.

May 4, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #6,127 of 22,021
I had the same issue, iBasso replaced my unit. Paul is the one to talk to.

I had even more worst experience, my DX200 dead twice when charging. They were bricked and cannot be powered on. I've just got my replacement twice from dealer anyway. The first two DX200 died around using 1.5 month. I used my chargers of my mobile just like Apple and Samsung to charge them anyway. Those chargers are fine with all my mobile, tablet and other DAP for a long time... somehow I just suspect it is problem of DX200 power management. I really hope my 3rd DX200 lives long as I've just brought AMP2, DX200 sounds really awesome that I just don't to let it go...

May 4, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #6,130 of 22,021
Where did You get an AMP2?

I am living in Hong Kong. We are lucky enough to have most updated headfi gears in local shops, which are very easy to buy.

May 4, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #6,133 of 22,021
Nice, who made the cables Anak?

I've finally had a few 4.4mm -> 3.5mm/2.5mm adapter cables made which will make some comparisons easier :-

9937750.jpg

On a brief listening of the DX200 against the NW-WM1Z and against the Woo Audio WA8, the DX200 seems to have a more neutral presentation in the mid range compared to the other two. The WA8 and NW-WM1Z have more in common with each other than with the DX200. With the former, vocals seem more "strong" and more "focused" whist the DX200 seems to have a "flatter" neutral signature.

I have to listen to a littler more but I get the feeling the DX200 seems to pick up little nuances tad more easily than the WA8 but the WA8 isn't far behind. The WA8s is naturally able to exhibit the tube reverberation that the DX200 can't.

The DX200 main strength seems to be it's neutrality.

May 4, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #6,134 of 22,021
Nice, who made the cables Anak?
I bought the parts from e-earphone & Oyaide. I was going to solder myself but never had the time so gave it to a.nihilist to do it for me.

The cable itself is the Oyaide Augline solid core whilst the 3.5mm is Oyaide's new Platinum+Palladium coat.

May 4, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #6,135 of 22,021
Very early impression with the AM2.

Slightly more body and space. A little bit less at the top end, however I suspect that will "open up" with a bit more burn-in. Seems not as analytical and more musical. Only very slightly more powerful. These are not night and day differences. At least not to my ears anyway. I was using my trusty ER4S when I did the comparison. Will try to give more comments once I give it more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back