DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 15, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #5,851 of 22,021
Do you guys find that listening in Android mode is actually more enjoyable (maybe a little more dynamic, more engaging) than in Mango mode? I noticed this in 2.0.78beta & again in 2.1.94. I haven't found the words for it yet but it seems to be a little more "dramatic" in Android mode. 

Edit: Same settings - digital filters, gain mode, etc.

Apr 15, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #5,852 of 22,021
Just a quick heads up in case anyone has a NAS and wants to dramatically expand music availability...through Lurker's firmware, and SuperSU, I have managed very comfortable to mount samba shares on the filesystem, meaning that I can access all of my NAS's flac files (far more than a microSD!) directly and natively via Mango or any other app. It works also via VPN for remote access, provided you have the bandwidth. Can explain the process if anyone is interested. It works seamlessly in Mango without a hitch for me, and it means that I can now access a far bigger library without degrading the sound output through a substandard SMB mount player. Thanks to Lurker for making this a reality!

Apr 15, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #5,853 of 22,021

If you have weak WiFi, just know that you can connect through Ethernet. My DX200 is in plane mode but I listen through streaming app. Look at the <-> symbol just next to plane mode one. Through adapter obviously but this standard Android feature works well.

Apr 15, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #5,854 of 22,021

If you have weak WiFi, just know that you can connect through Ethernet. My DX200 is in plane mode but I listen through streaming app. Look at the <-> symbol just next to plane mode one. Through adapter obviously but this standard Android feature works well.

Damn, that's really nice!

Does the adapter drain much battery?

And does it also work with other Android devices by default since you mentioned that it is a standard Android feature (e.g. my Nexus 7 (2nd generation) tablet)?

Apr 15, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #5,859 of 22,021

Damn, that's really nice!

Does the adapter drain much battery?

And does it also work with other Android devices by default since you mentioned that it is a standard Android feature (e.g. my Nexus 7 (2nd generation) tablet)?

I am sure that it does. It work for my Nexus 9, at least.

Thank you for your post.
It's great if you explain your process.

I ordered a ethernet to USB 3 for my Chromebook because Wifi is very weak in my cabinet. I also used it for test purpose on ny Nexus 9 adding OTG USB to micro USB adapter.

So, the idea came that I could test with my DX200. So, I ordered a USB3 to USB-C adapter. And like with Chromebook and Nexus 9 it works. It might also be used to connect USB sticks, portable disks, ....

I think that for DX200 the best should directly to use a Ethernet to USB-3 adapater.

Apr 15, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #5,861 of 22,021
Just a quick heads up in case anyone has a NAS and wants to dramatically expand music availability...through Lurker's firmware, and SuperSU, I have managed very comfortable to mount samba shares on the filesystem, meaning that I can access all of my NAS's flac files (far more than a microSD!) directly and natively via Mango or any other app. It works also via VPN for remote access, provided you have the bandwidth. Can explain the process if anyone is interested. It works seamlessly in Mango without a hitch for me, and it means that I can now access a far bigger library without degrading the sound output through a substandard SMB mount player. Thanks to Lurker for making this a reality!

I would like to know the details.

Apr 15, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #5,863 of 22,021
I really hate DX200 now , too many bugs . Why I should lost my time with new FW , bugs . Will sell subj and by Kaan or another DAP .
I cannot start Mango player on android ( reload and switch of doesn't work ) .

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #5,865 of 22,021
I can see that point of view too, but I'd think that the improvements in the free versions are minimal (complete assumption as this is the only DAP ROM I've used), I which case he's got the free version which does improve sound quality as is, and adds Google Play. But I was intrigued as to how much better the advanced version sounds, in addition to continued customization in the future, and am definitely convinced he's earned it.

As a designer I come across this issue a lot... I can see doing some small freelance work for a friend or if it was a way to land a huge client, but there is no justification for putting in hard work like this for free. Unless you're rich and bored perhaps.

I totally understand and respect that. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back