DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 16, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #4,336 of 22,021

I do not know about Spotify but will will get the brightness issue fixed with a FW update.

Yep I mentionned the reversed button a while back, I concur :)

I had a glitch with charging (android mode) I had to reboot twice :
  1. once the battery indicated it charged while it was not plugged... strange
  2. once it was the opposite it was plugged and didn't charge...

Hope it's nothing...

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #4,337 of 22,021
Double post sorry

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #4,338 of 22,021
  2) Does anybody have a wiring schematic for the trrs 2.5 mm balanced output on the DX200? Is it compatible with that of the A&K and FiiO balanced out (i.e., trrs => R-,R+,L+,L-)?

It is the same wiring as you indicate. It would be good to have one standard.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 16, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #4,339 of 22,021
Hey Guys,

I have couple of questions

1. Has anybody tried Sony XBA-Z5 with DX200, are the connectors compatible with each other (I believe Z5 comes with balanced cable).
2. Do you think they have good synergy?

Thanks & Regards.

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #4,340 of 22,021

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #4,345 of 22,021
Quote:
  I will interpret that it is a yes,the product have both
thanks u

We use femtosecond oscillators that we had designed. They are extremely high quality and do an excellent job. This is what we use.

Feb 16, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #4,348 of 22,021
  Hey Guys,

I have couple of questions

1. Has anybody tried Sony XBA-Z5 with DX200, are the connectors compatible with each other (I believe Z5 comes with balanced cable).
2. Do you think they have good synergy?

Thanks & Regards.

The Z5 has MMCX connectors, you should have too much trouble finding a 2.5 TRRS cable :)
The balanced cable that comes with it is meant for the PHA-3 balanced connector (I should know, I owned both).

As for matching, I have parted with them well before I got the DX200 can't say but I'd be suprised if it didn't match. The 16mm bass driver will love power is my guess, will tame it!

Feb 16, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #4,349 of 22,021
Has any of you guys ordered the DX200 from Amazon USA (ProStudio Sound & Music)? Just wondering if I am the only lucky one or if it happened to any of you too: I was about to the place the order when I noticed that instead of the advertised free shipping they added $35 for shipping cost. And that was not for expedited shipping as they don't offer that, but for their "standard shipping". 

Considering they are an authorized dealer, ProStudio Sound & Music sure charge a lot extra for ...nothing. 

Feb 16, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #4,350 of 22,021
  I've had an order update from AMP3 which says that they're expecting stock on 24th Feb. 

After reading some opinions about the X5-3, I think that it may be closer to the sound I'm after. For this reason I've actually been considering maybe cancelling my DX200 for now at least until I've maybe seen some in depth reviews with regards to the sound on both devices. From what I've been reading here though the DX200 needs a good 100+hrs before the sound starts to noticeably change with improvements in soundstage and depth. 

Ultimately I suppose i need to audition both of them I suppose, but I do think reviews would help give me a better idea of what may suit my tastes.

I was curious myself. I came across only 1 side-by-side review so far but haven't come across any collective consensus of a comparison of the two. But as you've rightfully concluded, it's best to audition both yourself. There's a audio festival in Tokyo this weekend, hopefully both these products will make a show for me to try myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back