DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 29, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #3,436 of 22,021
Hmm this video making is easier than I thought.

Basic Mango player interface.
(I missed fast forward once i think).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=_DVp7Jemjrk

Please have a look at my other two videos - interview with Head pie (turn on subtitles).

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #3,438 of 22,021
I have a couple questions regarding the 'interchangeable amps' feature:

- Is there any projected time-frame for the release of other amp cards?
- Will other amp cards be 'add-ons' in addition to the one currently offered, or will versions of the DX-200 w/ different amps?
- Will there be a lower-powered but still balanced amp suitable for IEMs?
- MOST IMPORTANT (for me) would I be making a mistake to purchase a DX-200 with the current amp given that I use CIEMs only?

I searched this thread -- found lots of speculation but no authoritative information. Probably no definitive answers available, but appreciate any input.

Paul mentioned there are plans to release amp modules in the future but not exact details yet. IMO, the default amp is at least good enough if not excellent for a wide range of load from iems to full-size cans. 

If you have CIEMs only, the amp is already good enough. You just need to set the amp gain to low so you get a better volume control/range. Depending on how sensitive your iems, only a few users detect a small amount of hiss and with highly sensitive iems. Which detects hiss on most sources anyway. My U/CIEMs are quiet enough that I don't notice any hiss. It's dead quiet, while I detect a low level hiss/RF interference with my X7/AM3.

To be honest aside from highly sensitive iems, I don't see the need of additional amp module. Unless iBasso add features via amp module like more battery or additional storage.

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #3,439 of 22,021
I've heard these can's through everything from a $10K setup, down to the DX80. The DX100 sounded great, the AK380 sounds great, and the DX200 sounds great. I was actually going to put the C&C BH on it just to see. There are a lot of 650 owners out here and the magic of the 650's is that they can sound great just about anywhere. The DX90, IMHO, didn't drive anything well. I had it, played it, burned it in, used it for 6 months before selling it. 

This is a DX200 forum not a headphone debate forum. The 200 sounds great with the HD650's...as do the MrSpeakers Alpha Primes. 

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #3,440 of 22,021

The 650 needs a high voltage swing amp, i have the dx90 and i can tell you it can't drive the 650 at all and nor does any of the portable amps, even good solid states struggle.

If you think the 650 is being driven by the dap then you have to listen to it on a OTL tube amp.

The dap is good for portable stuff iems and efficient cans like the fostex is own , but i do not understand why would you even run the 650 with a dap.

Dude don't confuse voltage swing with color added by the amp. If you say HD650 needs more voltage swing then can you tell me how much? It can be measured by a simple VMM. I have HD800 and it is 1dB less sensitive than HD650. Yet when I tried it even with powerful amp I discovered that I can't use more than 5Vrms. I can listen more than that amount but I can immediately feel my ears hurting. Are you sure you are referring to HD650 and not HD600? HD600 is 6dB less sensitive and requires 2x the voltage swing compared to HD650 to reach the same SPL.

DX200 even at 6Vrms output still has very low distortion. Even better than Hugo which already reach the 1% THD+N at around 5.3Vrms. Hugo for many people is already enough for HD800. Though in comparison, DX200 still has very excellent control driving my HD800 at that level while Hugo starts to sound harsh at it's peak output.

I know tube amps sound more pleasing to others, and yes it can output more power. But it doesn't mean the headphone consumes more power than it needs at certain SPL. You also have to consider that most tube amp has high output impedance, thus it is pushing more power than equivalent SS amp(with low output impedance) to drive the same headphone at the same SPL.

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #3,441 of 22,021
Hmm this video making is easier than I thought.

Basic Mango player interface.
(I missed fast forward once i think).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=_DVp7Jemjrk

Please have a look at my other two videos - interview with Head pie (turn on subtitles).

Only swiping left or right has a delay. It's not a lag imo because the delay length is fixed. But for me it is usable. The only other thing I discovered while in pure music mode is sometimes the progress bar in the WPS screen doesn't move or just stock. No other way to fix it but to reboot. 

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #3,442 of 22,021
To all the UI consparationists, UI complainists without having or even tested the DAP, the UI fear mongers, the UI wall builders, etc...please calm down.

I have 5 TOTL DAPs and have had most brands on the market and the DX200 UI is very nice, works very fast with both internal memory and SD card full. Faster than the Sony WM1Z for sure.

There are a few minor niggles and some lag in the pure music mode in my case, but since the start, iBasso has solved maybe 75% of the problems that have been detected already, and it would be 100% if this was not the Chinese new year holiday.

So PLEASE take a chill pill before your so issuing executive orders against ibasso for no good reason.

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #3,443 of 22,021
Amen Mim...amen...

Jan 29, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #3,444 of 22,021
Jan 29, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #3,446 of 22,021

I think Mango OS is written by java?? which is base on linux/unix for sure.
Sorry for the question but wanna to find the answer.

According to this wiki said, I think so. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mango_(software)

Jan 29, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #3,447 of 22,021

The OS is arm64, but Mango players themselves are 32-bit.

I think Mango OS is written by java?? which is base on linux/unix for sure.

There is no "Mango OS": this is a recently introduced nickname for Android, stripped down to embedded Linux only (even without JVM!), and MangoPlayer application, written purely in C++.

MangoPlayer under full Android is written in Java, but it uses the same native libraries, as MangoPlayer, extensively.

Jan 29, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #3,448 of 22,021
  According to this wiki said, I think so. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mango_(software)

It is not related to iBasso DAPs.

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #3,449 of 22,021
I got HD650 and HD800 and it sound so underwhelming through the DX200 even the Hugo which I also own sound not great powering the 2 headphone.

I just don't get why anyone wants to use a portable player to drive full size headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back