DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 30, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #3,451 of 22,021
Paul mentioned there are plans to release amp modules in the future but not exact details yet. IMO, the default amp is at least good enough if not excellent for a wide range of load from iems to full-size cans. 

If you have CIEMs only, the amp is already good enough. You just need to set the amp gain to low so you get a better volume control/range. Depending on how sensitive your iems, only a few users detect a small amount of hiss and with highly sensitive iems. Which detects hiss on most sources anyway. My U/CIEMs are quiet enough that I don't notice any hiss. It's dead quiet, while I detect a low level hiss/RF interference with my X7/AM3.

To be honest aside from highly sensitive iems, I don't see the need of additional amp module. Unless iBasso add features via amp module like more battery or additional storage.

@Headwacker:

Thanks for confirmation no specific amp plans have been revealed.

I'm looking to rplace my dead V-Moda/iPhone rig w/ a DAP. Trying out an Opus #1 and an Onkyo DP-X1 right now. Waiting on a balanced cable, but slight preference for Onkyo SQ single-ended (ignoring functional differences).

DX-200 seems like obvious next step up ladder, and stands at the top of my price range.

Jan 30, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #3,452 of 22,021
  There is no "Mango OS": this is a recently introduced nickname for Android, stripped down to embedded Linux only (even without JVM!), and MangoPlayer application, written purely in C++.

MangoPlayer under full Android is written in Java, but it uses the same native libraries, as MangoPlayer, extensively.

Thanks Lurker :) Written in C++ which means it have very high chance Mango is 32 bit system. BTW it is not necessary to have 64 bit system on a DAP.
Hopefully we can get your modified firmware :)

Jan 30, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #3,453 of 22,021
@Headwacker:

Thanks for confirmation no specific amp plans have been revealed.

I'm looking to rplace my dead V-Moda/iPhone rig w/ a DAP. Trying out an Opus #1 and an Onkyo DP-X1 right now. Waiting on a balanced cable, but slight preference for Onkyo SQ single-ended (ignoring functional differences).

DX-200 seems like obvious next step up ladder, and stands at the top of my price range.

I prefer the DP-X1A over the Opus #1 and #2 as well. DX200 so far seems to make things deeper and wider than DP-X1A. Though I have not done a proper test yet just a casual listen.

Jan 30, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #3,454 of 22,021
I prefer the DP-X1A over the Opus #1 and #2 as well. DX200 so far seems to make things deeper and wider than DP-X1A. Though I have not done a proper test yet just a casual listen.
PROPER TEST !

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #3,455 of 22,021
There is any place that I can find ac ase for the DX200 that is not that one that comes with it?
And there to buy a glass for the screen?

I really didn't like this case.

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #3,456 of 22,021
There is any place that I can find ac ase for the DX200 that is not that one that comes with it?
And there to buy a glass for the screen?

I really didn't like this case.

I'm sure Dignis will have their own DX200 version case eventually, they usually always do.

Because DX200 is so new there aren't any other alternatives. I would like a silicon case personally one day.

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #3,457 of 22,021
I'm sure Dignis will have their own DX200 version case eventually, they usually always do.

Because DX200 is so new there aren't any other alternatives. I would like a silicon case personally one day.

Yes, I imagine they will have too. But I don't like leather case. For personal reason and because is very thick.
I would love the silicon case too.

Nothing about the glass?

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #3,458 of 22,021
I feel ok with case. But i am more concerned on screen protector. I want to change it to fingerprint-free type. Can anyone please recommend one.

Jan 30, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #3,460 of 22,021
Today I use katana with moon audio silver dragon cable single ended on DX200 and I was surprised! Its dead silent while streaming, I don't hear any interference noise like when I connected it into balance plugg.

Jan 30, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #3,461 of 22,021
Today I use katana with moon audio silver dragon cable single ended on DX200 and I was surprised! Its dead silent while streaming, I don't hear any interference noise like when I connected it unto balance plugg.

​How is DX200 sounding with your Noble Katana? 

(Over the weekend I changed Katana from Blue silicon tip to foam. Normally prefer the more open silicon tip sound, but foam did it for me on this iem)

Jan 30, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #3,462 of 22,021
I got HD650 and HD800 and it sound so underwhelming through the DX200 even the Hugo which I also own sound not great powering the 2 headphone.

I just don't get why anyone wants to use a portable player to drive full size headphone.

Because I do most of my listening at home and don't really like sticking things in my ears.

I use AK702, 400s and BW7's all easy to drive and sound great with my dx100 and dp-x1. I'm guessing the DX200 will sound great through these cans also (others experiences welcome).

Jan 30, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #3,463 of 22,021

How is DX200 sounding with your Noble Katana? 

(Over the weekend I changed Katana from Blue silicon tip to foam. Normally prefer the more open silicon tip sound, but foam did it for me on this iem)

I cannot give you good impression because I am not good at it, but what I can say is Katana when connected to balance on DX200 really sounding better compare to Katana when pairing with Mojo.  Especially the soundstage and imaging, the detail retrieval and instrument separation with a fuller sound and very good bass texture and slam.

Jan 30, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #3,464 of 22,021
Guys, could anyone confirm is there any hiss with DX200 and ibasso's IT03 both with stock cable and balanced CB12?

No hiss, excellent pair up with it03 and cb12 cable. Which dap are you using now that yields hissing with this combo?

Jan 30, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #3,465 of 22,021
Today I use katana with moon audio silver dragon cable single ended on DX200 and I was surprised! Its dead silent while streaming, I don't hear any interference noise like when I connected it into balance plugg.

Do you mean you hear some hissing with Katana from balanced port vs single ended? I haven't tested it yet with K10UA, these are typically a bit sensitive and as a result of higher power output of balanced port the hissing could be more noticeable. I will confirm with k10ua when test it tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back