DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 5, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #1,336 of 22,021
Is there any person besides me in this thread, who first of all cares about sound quality in music playback device? And its ability to guide donkeys or drop dinosaurs from a rock is not the most necessary thing?
Smaller storage capacity is kinda pity, but not the end of the world.

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #1,337 of 22,021
Is there any person besides me in this thread, who first of all cares about sound quality in music playback device? And it's ability to guide donkies or drop dinosaurs from a rock is not the most necessary thing?

No Dinosaurs were harmed in the making of that GIF image.

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #1,338 of 22,021
Not the end of the world but certainly the end of my interest in this device.

I had hoped this would be my upgrade from the Onkyo DP-X1 if it offered better performance with music streaming services, but I'll be putting up with those glitches for a while longer it would seem 
redface.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #1,339 of 22,021
Is there any person besides me in this thread, who first of all cares about sound quality in music playback device? And its ability to guide donkeys or drop dinosaurs from a rock is not the most necessary thing?

Yep, you're right: sq is probably the most important aspect of a new flagship dap!

Unfortunatelly I need at least 128gb + 1 slot or 2 slots atm for my current music collection => the DX200 is a no go for me (after having waited a year in vain) because of that. 64gb inside + 1 slot is just plain ridiculous for an (almost) 2017 flagship dap imo. But hey, that's just my opinion
rolleyes.gif

I will stop being a 'party pooper' in this DX200 thread from now on.
tumblr_m3dvxfNQTD1qfw2dno1_500.gif

Cheers to ya all!

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #1,340 of 22,021

Yep, you're right: sq is probably the most important aspect of a new flagship dap!

Unfortunatelly I need at least 128gb + 1 slot or 2 slots atm for my current music collection => the DX200 is a no go for me (after having waited a year in vain) because of that. 64gb inside + 1 slot is just plain ridiculous for an (almost) 2017 flagship dap imo. But hey, that's just my opinion
rolleyes.gif

This and this and a piece of tape

And you're back into the game man (if it works) 
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #1,342 of 22,021
  This and this and a piece of tape

And you're back into the game man (if it works) 
biggrin.gif

Lol...gotta love a good workaround (if it works indeed)
rolleyes.gif

beerchug.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #1,343 of 22,021
I think I can use upnp music server playing via home network and 200gb add up for portable.

But well let's see if the sound worthwhile or not.

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #1,344 of 22,021

Ummm, correct me if I'm wrong but I think just about everyone on this thread/site cares about SQ. Why else would we be on an audiophile site?
confused_face(1).gif

It may not be "the end of the world" as you state but there are those of us who stayed on this thread for certain reasons and one of which was having enough storage space to accommodate our entire music collection, without having to swap out cards. Especially since it's on the first page and there are other alternatives.
Yes I'm more than disappointed that I've spent close to a year monitoring this site.
Don't minimize peoples feelings because it doesn't mean as much to you... 

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #1,346 of 22,021
I think the situation is there are any number of good sounding and measuring DAPs so features like battery life, expandable storage,size and good UI etc... actually do take on quite a bit of importance, for me at least.

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #1,347 of 22,021

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's obvious that it is a deal breaker for several people. Not one of them said they don't care about SQ or that this is the end of the world. They are disappointed and rightfully so considering 2 slots was implied or stated early on. I totally empathize with them, although I am absolutely fine with 1 slot myself. For me, that's plenty.

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #1,348 of 22,021

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's obvious that it is a deal breaker for several people. Not one of them said they don't care about SQ or that this is the end of the world. They are disappointed and rightfully so considering 2 slots was implied or stated early on. I totally empathize with them, although I am absolutely fine with 1 slot myself. For me, that's plenty.

The same here, I don't even have that many files to fill up a single large capacity uSD.  But, I do realize that for those with a big DSD collection extra storage is a plus.

Here is a reality, just like with any IEM/CIEM or full size cans, you can't please everybody because of different requirements and individual sound preference.  The same goes for DAPs. DX200 will not be for everybody, and people will have to figure out their priorities and make compromises.

Btw, here is another picture of DX200 shared by Paul on iBasso FB page:

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #1,349 of 22,021
why USB Type C????

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #1,350 of 22,021
I'm ok with having type c but I more wonder why the usb port is on the top, this way I cannot attach it to my usb c dock station. I need to upside down it and not sure if the screen can rotate or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back