1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
Next

Last
  1. Jalo
    If two slots uses 100ma, then just use one slot, one SD card slot and Ibasso can also bump the 64gb to 128 Gb without having to redesign anything.

2. twister6 Contributor

Actually, the issue is with a controller required for a dual uSD reader.  That particular controller draws 100mA of current and puts a toll on a battery life.  That was a compromise they had to make in order to keep a decent battery life.  Not sure about the decision of 64GB vs 128GB.

3. Jalo
    I fully understand that. That is why I said if two slots require a controller, a bridge or whatever term for the part that requires 100ma of current, then just use one slot then you won't need the additional chip that draw the additional current but make it up with a bigger slot. That all I am saying.

4. twister6 Contributor

Didn't realize you were talking about SD card, rather than uSD.  Yeah, too late for SD, that's a major redesign.

5. koinmove
    I just realized it does not supprt iso format..

Hope there will a 128gb version..

6. haens

probably because lower part of DX200 is for changeable amp cards

the wizard of oz likes this.
  7. esm87
    I mainly use Tidal for my music. Wouldnt i just be able to stream tidal over wifi from my phone and never really bither adding too much to the dap itself in terms of files? I would never be able to fill 64+large menory card, probably never fill 64 actually lol

8. Peridot

That's exactly the point. At this stage great SQ has to be a 'given' otherwise this thing is dead in the water. There are plenty of great sounding DAPs about but they involve various compromises in features / style.

Judging by this and other threads there's a lot of demand for a high storage capacity player. If the DX200 had been built to accommodate two full size SD cards a few folk might reject it because of its slightly larger size, but vastly more would buy it for this unique selling point.

I don't get this 100mA thing either. Why would an card read controller ever draw 100mA [​IMG]. The existing DAPs with twin card slots don't have a problem with battery life.

9. the wizard of oz
    I'm not as much disappointed by the single µSD slot as I am by the internal storage, which I expected to be at least of 256GB for a flagship DAP.

10. HiFiChris Contributor

Because it's the more modern standard and features a couple of benefits over Micro USB.

Believe me, before I had any device with the new USB C standard, I thought it was unnecessary and doesn't have any real benefits. This opinion changed drastically after I discovered what USB C has to offer.

Imo it is great that iBasso is going for for USB C.

11. Cecala
    No, the majority of people here are audiophiles and by that definition only care about the hardware.[​IMG]

12. Cecala

Yes OK.............why don't you mention those benefits to the person to whom your responding to.

13. HiFiChris Contributor

Mainly because there are dozens of articles about this topic listed on Google that everybody can access within seconds.

Some benefits are a sturdier connection (the connector snaps in more securely than w/ Micro USB), faster data transfer rates, usability in both directions, much faster charging (if the chip and charger support it).

14. Raketen
    I'm just curious what the argument against USB C is other than the need for a new cable which will probably be included with the device anyway? I guess stackers would need new interconnects also...

15. Kerouac

Well, I think the OP of the workaround meant it as a joke (although it probably will work) and therefor I responded that way. I'm not seriously considering using that workaround myself. Disappointment, anger and frustration where the emotions I went through when I read about the change yesterday evening. But life moves on and so will I.

Exactly this!

Yep, luckily there are some interesting competitors on the market (QP1R, WM1A and Opus 2 come to mind) and more will certainly follow in 2017 [​IMG]

That would be nice...

...and even nicer, but the reality so far is 64gb.

First

Back
81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
Next

Last