DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 5, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #1,321 of 22,021
Sorry, Paul, I couldn't resist! From iBasso FB:
The finished DX200! All CNC and the highest quality parts.
- Dual SABRE ES9028PRO DAC Chips.
- Bit for Bit Playback, Support up to 32bit/384kHz.
- Support of Native DSD up to 512x.
- XMOS USB Receiver with Thesycon USB Audio Driver, Easy to use USB DAC.
- Dual Accusilicon ultra low phase noise oscillators.
- 4.2" IPS Screen (768*1280) with Capacitive Touch Panel, Bonded by OCA.
- Mini Optical Output and Mini Coaxial Output.
- 8-core CPU.
- 2GB LPDDR3.
- 64G of internal memory.
- 5G wifi and Bluetooth4.0.
- Patented user exchangeable AMP card.
- Three Physical Buttons (Previous, Play/Pauses, Next).
- 150-Steps Digital Volume Control.
- Audio Formats Supported: APE, FLAC, WAV, WMA, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, OGG, MP3, DFF, DSF, DXD.
- Support for M3U Playlist
- 4400mAh 3.8V Li-Polymer battery (Play time vary with AMP card)
- Micro SD card slot for expanded memory.

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #1,325 of 22,021
  Sorry, Paul, I couldn't resist! From iBasso FB:
The finished DX200! All CNC and the highest quality parts.

Thanks for sharing!

Single sd slot!!!!

Exactly! With 64gb inside and 1 micro sd slot I will surely stick with my old DX100.
The DX200 budget will go to another dap (QP1R or WM1A) instead now as more (expandable) memory is an important factor to me.

Unfortunately this is exactly the same reason why I never considered the FiiO X7 (even the X5 had dual sd slots) in the past, so yeah I'm disappointed (if this is true?) atm
frown.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #1,328 of 22,021
I understand your all pain about the 1 x micro sd card slot.
I would have taken any day full size sd card for any internal memory.
Let's see how is the power output@32 ohm and the battery life on DSD.

Well, iBasso shouldn't have announced dual micro SD card slots last year (look at the first post in this thread) imo. All this time I was also interested because of this.
So, now it feels like some kinda lie (if you're not sure about it, than just don't post it) and a huge bummer
frown.gif

But hey, maybe it's a misunderstanding. Let's wait for Pauls reaction on this matter.

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #1,329 of 22,021
It was said that there will be 2 slots for some time and now one.. New owners will have to buy 256gb cards on Massdrop lol 

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #1,330 of 22,021
The specs sound good and the DAP on that photo looks extremely s@xy!

Only one micro SD slot is a little drawback though. I wonder why iBasso decided to let go the second slot - probably for improved battery life? @Paul - iBasso? /edit: Yep, the additional chip required to bridge the slots drew too much power according to a post on facebook, so they ditched it in order to get a better playback time.

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #1,333 of 22,021
  Here's Paul's response at FB to the question of the 2 microSD:

"Our first version had 2 slots but the chip required to bridge 2 slots uses 100mA and that cut down on play time a lot. So we have 64gb of internal memory and one slot to give better play time."

Come on iBasso! 64gb inside + one slot is exactly the same as the dinosaur DX100
eek.gif

Even the 'cheapie' DX80 which I picked up recently can hold more data files than the new flagship?

Never thought I would ever say this, after having owned/used all iBasso daps: now I'm really disappointed!!!
It feels like iBasso has hold a carrot in front of me over the past 12 months, which doesn't seem to exist after all
mad.gif

donkey-and-carrot.jpg

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #1,334 of 22,021
If only one micro SD slot that's a deal breaker for me and one of the reasons I've been following this thread was because I thought there'd be 2 in a "higher end" Dap ... I'll stick with my Opus 1 for now.

Dec 5, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #1,335 of 22,021

Come on iBasso! 64gb inside + one slot is exactly the same as the dinosaur DX100
eek.gif

Even the 'cheapie' DX80 which I picked up recently can hold more data files than the new flagship?

Never thought I would ever say this, after having owned/used all iBasso daps: now I'm really disappointed!!!
It feels like iBasso has hold a carrot in front of me over the past 12 months, which doesn't seem to exist after all
mad.gif

donkey-and-carrot.jpg

Did you say "Dinosaur"? My excitement level for this product pretty much went on a similar route to that of this Dinosaur...
smily_headphones1.gif

tumblr_inline_ncdcdemVVe1sfi3wb.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back