DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 25, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #631 of 22,021
Any idea on the pricing for this? $800?

do not put price assumptions, as I would like to see it priced around 600 usd

May 25, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #632 of 22,021
...as I would like to see it priced around 600 usd

Yeah me too, but not sure if that price would be realistic (first we have to wait how it performs) against it's competition
blink.gif

At $600 it probably would sell like hot cakes from day 1 though
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #633 of 22,021
Would expect it to be around $600-800 price range as their direct competitors, X7, Onkyo, Pioneers are about that range. But I think price should match the offering anyway so it's up to iBasso and who they intend to target.

May 25, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #634 of 22,021
Imo $600 is fair for dx200, would prefer $500. Unfortunately I know how ibasso operates, ibasso will not release dx200 cheaper than the x7, ibasso always make their dap at higher price points than their direct fiio dap compettion (x7). I would like to see dap prices drop, I feel they are overpriced for what we are getting. Don't ask me what I think of AK prices 
mad.gif
 Imo daps like X5 shouldn't exist and X7 should be at X5 price points. 

I'm also dissapointed in the dx200 design, I think many people didn't realize that design #3 they voted for was the only design that has a raised plastic bed for the lcd screen, just like the Fiio X7 has, and if you have seen an X7 you will know it is ugly.

You guys voted for design #3, notice the raised plastic screen bed like fiio x7 has, ugly:

We could have had this design #2, sure it looks a bit AKish but at least it is solid metal, and it does have some interesting non-AK design points as well, better than the X7 rippoff above that was voted for:

Also some people think dx200 will be as powerful as the dx100, well it won't, dx100 used high voltage batteries (7.4v) and large circuits (dual pcb's) to achieve their powerful outputs, while the dx200 and x7 are designed to be thin and also use traditional 3.7v batteries, they can't compete. The dx100 design philosophy was completely different than the dx200, look at how many capacitors are used in dx100, fundamentally the insides of the dx200 look to be pretty similar to x7, not to say they will sound similar, they will sound completely different, I'm just saying the internal design layouts are similar, but using different components.

May 25, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #636 of 22,021
I personally preferred option 3 because it has a metal guard around the volume dial/knob which seems practical. Dunno what's such a horrible thing about raised screen but I suppose everyone has their preference. Besides, nowhere (at least to my knowledge) did iBasso claim that the final production must look 100% identical to option 1, 2 or 3. Let them continue to innovate.

May 25, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #637 of 22,021
May 25, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #638 of 22,021
Well, it's nice to see everyone is so positive pessimistic today!
rolleyes.gif

Cheer-up, you miserable gits!
wink_face.gif

I would like to see dap prices drop, I feel they are overpriced for what we are getting. Don't ask me what I think of AK prices 
mad.gif

I agree that it'd be nice to see DAP prices gradually decrease, and we certainly have a lot to legitimately blame iRiver for, with the upwards price spiral, in recent years, but, at the same time, I can't help smiling at your remark, because I don't recall you complaining much about Sony's ZX2, when they slapped lipstick and gold/copper-plating on the ZX1 and added a few hundred dollars onto what was already an overpriced DAP pricetag
wink.gif

May 25, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #640 of 22,021
  I agree that it'd be nice to see DAP prices gradually decrease, and we certainly have a lot to legitimately blame iRiver for, with the upwards price spiral, in recent years, but, at the same time, I can't help smiling at your remark, because I don't recall you complaining much about Sony's ZX2, when they slapped lipstick and gold/copper-plating on the ZX1 and added a few hundred dollars onto what was already an overpriced DAP pricetag
wink.gif

My outlook has changed. I would no longer drop 1.2k on a zx2, nor would I drop $650 on fiio's x7 or ibasso's dx200, not that I don't have the money, but I don't feel they are worth their price tag. I am happy to pay dearly for a dap if it has enough bells and whistles to justify it's cost, but I haven't seen many daps that represent good value.

May 25, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #641 of 22,021
.... I'm also dissapointed in the dx200 design, I think many people didn't realize that design #3 they voted for was the only design that has a raised plastic bed for the lcd screen, just like the Fiio X7 has, and if you have seen an X7 you will know it is ugly.

You guys voted for design #3, notice the raised plastic screen bed like fiio x7 has, ugly:

That's why we would wait for Dignis leather case to mitigate raised screen problem
wink.gif
  It sure solved a problem for me with X7
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #642 of 22,021
I don't fine the small amount that the screen is above the case for the X7 is any problem or looks bad. Also in use, it has never presented a problem. 

May 25, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #643 of 22,021
If the DX200 is released in autumn, will it get an upgrade or be released with Android N? I'm asking since Vulcan and the new JIT compiler will hopefully improve performance and save some battery.

May 25, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #644 of 22,021
  Imo $600 is fair for dx200, would prefer $500. Unfortunately I know how ibasso operates, ibasso will not release dx200 cheaper than the x7, ibasso always make their dap at higher price points than their direct fiio dap compettion (x7). I would like to see dap prices drop, I feel they are overpriced for what we are getting. Don't ask me what I think of AK prices 
mad.gif

I'm also dissapointed in the dx200 design, I think many people didn't realize that design #3 they voted for was the only design that has a raised plastic bed for the lcd screen, just like the Fiio X7 has, and if you have seen an X7 you will know it is ugly.

We could have had this design #2, sure it looks a bit AKish but at least it is solid metal, and it does have some interesting non-AK design points as well, better than the X7 rippoff above that was voted for:

Also some people think dx200 will be as powerful as the dx100, well it won't, dx100 used high voltage batteries (7.4v) and large circuits (dual pcb's) to achieve their powerful outputs, while the dx200 and x7 are designed to be thin and also use traditional 3.7v batteries, they can't compete. The dx100 design philosophy was completely different than the dx200, look at how many capacitors are used in dx100, fundamentally the insides of the dx200 look to be pretty similar to x7, not to say they will sound similar, they will sound completely different, I'm just saying the internal design layouts are similar, but using different components.

I don't prefer design number 3, but it has a retro cassette Walkman charm to it that I don't mind. I don't think it is cloning the X7 in any way on appearance. Having a raised screen is hardly a unique feature (even if I agree that it is unnecessary). I dislike the unprotected volume knob and the notch on design 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back