DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 7, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #181 of 22,021
  Thanks now I can save my funds. Any other specs confirmed?

No more than what has been posted so far but the DX200 is going to be a lot of fun with many options.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 7, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #183 of 22,021
Paul sizewise the dimensions of the #1 DX200 on the photos look reasonable. For me it would be important that the DX200 doesn't get too big, so that I can't carry it around with me when I am on the move.
Also it would be really really nice if the DX200 could reach battery runtime in realistic real life conditions (high res. flac files, only playing music) of 10 hours or a little bit more.

Feb 7, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #184 of 22,021

No more than what has been posted so far but the DX200 is going to be a lot of fun with many options.

I do hope it's not going to be an attempt at an X7 clone...
blink.gif

Feb 7, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #185 of 22,021

blink.gif

We are iBasso and clone no one. The plans and idea have been on the table for a long time. One common feature will be that it plays music.
smile.gif

Feb 7, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #186 of 22,021
We are iBasso and clone no one. The plans and idea have been on the table for a long time. One common feature will be that it plays music. :smile:
Whatever you do plan, no offense meant, but you had better do it fast, or you will come after the battle. There are many excellent options out there and in 6 months the next generation will happen.

Feb 8, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #190 of 22,021
i think it will take at least 8 months until this will be released

look at the fiio x7 how long it took them to come out with the x7 so I will assume at least 8 months until the new ibasso will be released

Feb 8, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #191 of 22,021
  i think it will take at least 8 months until this will be released

look at the fiio x7 how long it took them to come out with the x7 so I will assume at least 8 months until the new ibasso will be released

You think?
smile.gif
Yes it does take time.

Feb 8, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #192 of 22,021

blink.gif

We are iBasso and clone no one. The plans and idea have been on the table for a long time. One common feature will be that it plays music.
smile.gif

If the plans were devised a while ago, then I suppose that might imply that the latest Sabre chip (ES9038) will not be implemented in the DX200.

Because of the excellent sound of the DX100 and DX90, it's tempting to assume that iBasso would stick to their success with Sabre chips, but then, the DX80 was already a surprising deviation from that tendency, since it utilises the Cirrus CS4398,

And, of course, other viable high-end DAC chips that could be implemented in the DX200 include the Asahi Kasei AK4490, and Texas Instruments' Burr-Brown PCM1792A.

I'd still like to see the ES9038 make it into the DX200, but it seems a little unlikely, timing-wise, judging by Paul's statement, above.

(NB: before anyone tells me that implementation is just as important as the DAC chip, yes, I know that. And the amp stage, of course).

Feb 8, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #193 of 22,021
Mython-Implementation is just as important. :wink:

On a serious note, I can't wait to see this released. The dx100 has been the only dap from Ibasso I've ever been interested as I don't care for the design of their other daps, no offense meant. I just don't like the look of the physical buttons, and aesthetics are very important to me since my ears are terrible.

Feb 8, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #194 of 22,021
@Mython-Implementation is just as important.
wink.gif

Gee, thanks!
tongue.gif

The dx100 has been the only dap from Ibasso I've ever been interested as I don't care for the design of their other daps, no offense meant. I just don't like the look of the physical buttons, and aesthetics are very important to me since my ears are terrible.

LOL - point taken, about the huge buttons on the DX50/90/80, but the irony about that is that the DX100 was damned awful, ergonomically!  I absolutely hated the hardware controls (or lack, thereof) of the DX100.

Don't get me wrong; I love the sound of the DX100. Just not the ergonomics 
wink.gif

@ Paul / iBasso... please don't rush the DX200 firmware out of the oven before it is properly baked (I'm begging you)
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back