DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 6, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #14,506 of 22,021
I corrected it. I feel. . . (insert adjective etc.) I left out the descriptive term I meant to use. lol
People will need to let the AMP8 burn in. I am now hearing things I did not hear before in that there is more of a 3D sound, timbre that is true and more than I thought would happen.

I am with you on this, it reminds me of WM1A and ZX2 burn in, lots of things happening in there... this only gets better and honestly, AMP8 the biggest step in SQ I have experienced in a long time... It'll take a little time to settle but already so amazed...

I am eagerly waiting on AMP7 feedback as I might get it too down the line.

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #14,509 of 22,021
3.5 ttrs think

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #14,510 of 22,021
You need to let the AMP8 burn in.

What type of adapter to USB for charging are you using? I use a 2.1 amps unit and it will charge the DX200 or DX150 while they are being played with the AMP8. Earlier today I was using the DX150 off the charger and it was down to around 80% and it charged up just fine. Yesterday the DX200 did the same.

I just have it plugged into my Mac laptop via USB. Seems to be holding its charge better today. I must say AMP8 is technically better than the 4. It does seem to produce a more natural timbre and I'm looking forward to more hours of burn-in. The bass reproduction is pretty amazing, no matter the genre it sounds as close to the bassist's tone in the studio as I can imagine. Obviously my Legends help with that too but comparing the 8 to the 4, the 8 wins there.

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #14,511 of 22,021
I just have it plugged into my Mac laptop via USB. Seems to be holding its charge better today. I must say AMP8 is technically better than the 4. It does seem to produce a more natural timbre and I'm looking forward to more hours of burn-in. The bass reproduction is pretty amazing, no matter the genre it sounds as close to the bassist's tone in the studio as I can imagine. Obviously my Legends help with that too but comparing the 8 to the 4, the 8 wins there.
I love the bass AMP8 does and 7 does it great in single ended as well. Years ago I played bass guitar and there is a quality that is missing in most music but this new combination gets it. There is just something so excellent about hearing that resonant bass, as the string is plucked, that vibration that can oscillate the note and now hearing it, which I thought on a lot of music it was missing, just adds to the enjoyment that is music.

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #14,512 of 22,021
Have any pics or info on the Titanium been circulated?
Only info so far is that it will use some upgraded components and will be very very expensive cause titanium is very very expensive to machine.

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #14,514 of 22,021
DHL just dropped off an envelope with small box completely wrapped in orange tape inside. Once the tape was cut through there was a tinier box inside wrapped in white packing foam. Lo & behold....

IMG_0954.JPG

Screwdriver & AMP8 present! Any idea what the plastic washers are for?

IMG_0955.JPG

Jul 6, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #14,515 of 22,021
Those are spacers. Previously added to the amp4s series to “fix” the pentaconn adapter issue that causes left channel sound missing when plugged into the amp.

From what I read from others, those are not needed anymore when using cables with pentaconn adapter and amp8. I suggest you can keep it inside the box for now.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #14,518 of 22,021
Listening to the AMP8 right now. Using the Noble Kaiser Encores, Norne Audio Therium Reference Silver 2.5mm trrs, and a Sukira 4.4MM Male to 2.5mm female adapter. I purchased the adapter from Amazon and it works really well without a spacer. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0791ZS35N/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A few observations:

1) Lots of of power. Low gain is a must with my IEMs. Almost overpowering at times (this seems to be settling down as I listen more)
2) Very smooth and analogue sounding
3) Tons of head room
4) Separation is supreme
5) Powerful bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back