DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 29, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #1,051 of 22,021
can anyone remind me when is release date, ibasso is even more secretive than apple :)

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #1,054 of 22,021

Damn, I thought the DX120 was just a DX200 without Wifi and BT as I am not interested in Wifi and BT.
Actually, it will have a different DAC chip and amp section, a completely different DAP.
Will have to wait releases of both to see if they got what it takes in SQ for personal taste, before considering picking one of the two.

And then both will be excellent..
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

My bet about DAC: expect something (really good, and new) from AKM. Also, in the photo of PCB, you can see that it is single, not double.

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #1,055 of 22,021
Christmas isn't that far away anymore, so... Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and Let it Snow.

Just saw this yesterday.  Your quote made me think of it.  And to keep on thread, Can't wait to hear Clapton on the new iBasso.

Sep 29, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #1,057 of 22,021
Sep 29, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #1,058 of 22,021

what would you hear ?

Don't want to too far of topic as we have a bit of fun to relieve the stress of waiting for more news of this player, but recently I've been listening to lots of Stars of the Lid as I'll be seeing them live at the weekend.

That sort of music really suffers from the streaming service quality problems on my Onkyo DP-X1.

I really hope that the DX200 is better ... for all our diverse musical tastes 
smile_phones.gif

Sep 29, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #1,059 of 22,021

Don't want to too far of topic as we have a bit of fun to relieve the stress of waiting for more news of this player, but recently I've been listening to lots of Stars of the Lid as I'll be seeing them live at the weekend.

That sort of music really suffers from the streaming service quality problems on my Onkyo DP-X1.

I really hope that the DX200 is better ... for all our diverse musical tastes 
smile_phones.gif

In Onkyo DP-X1 people even can't replace the battery. It is not possible, and when it die, the DAP will die with it. But it sound's very good. I hope this won't be a problem for Ibasso !

Sep 30, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #1,060 of 22,021

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #1,061 of 22,021
It has been stated the battery will be fixed - http://www.head-fi.org/t/791531/dx200-the-style-has-been-chosen-by-your-votes-details-of-design-and-features-on-1st-page/525#post_12532876

Sometimes it is possible to DIY or have an electronics repair shop find a generic replacement battery, but that contingent upon being able to open the device non-destructively. Has anyone tried to do this with the Onkyo?

I work in electronics repair shop.
In the case of onkio, it is the most important to open the device non-destructively. I was listening the DAP in the store about an hour. There are no screws, and to open it you will need to remove the screen. This is very bad. It has a terrible maintainability.

Sep 30, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #1,062 of 22,021
A few years ago, all the cell phone makers were deliberately making their chargers, and charging sockets, incompatible with each of their competitors.

It was crazy, because every time a person changed their phone, they needed a different charger, and had to throw away their old one.

Eventually, the European community got sick of the environmental damage all this unnecessary wastage was causing, and they banned it - now, all smartphones have to use common standards for their sockets (except Apple who seem to think they're special, with all their MFI-related selfishness).

I don't think it will be long before manufacturers around the world will be forced to make their products serviceable and their batteries replaceable. It is bad for the environment when products are manufactured that cannot be maintained with replaceable batteries. They will just go straight into landfill if recycling facilities are not available in the local area.

Sep 30, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #1,063 of 22,021
eek.gif

confused_face_2.gif

blink.gif

Some people just don't deserve high quality players 
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

wink_face.gif

Fortunately for me, I quit caring what others think of my music tastes when I was fourteen.  That was 34 years ago.
To be fair, I did give Stars of the Lid a go.  Listened to the first two songs from their album "Nightmare Ending".  It just about put me to sleep.  Not my thing.  Good thing I have some new Gov't Mule to wake me up.
Hope the DX200 works for you and me and everyone's diverse music.  Like you said, Peridot.

Sep 30, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #1,064 of 22,021

Sometimes it is possible to DIY or have an electronics repair shop find a generic replacement battery, but that contingent upon being able to open the device non-destructively. Has anyone tried to do this with the Onkyo?

I work in electronics repair shop.
In the case of onkio, it is the most important to open the device non-destructively. I was listening the DAP in the store about an hour. There are no screws, and to open it you will need to remove the screen. This is very bad. It has a terrible maintainability.

@Raketen - Unfortunately, non-destructive designs are becoming rare, such that even repair shops are unable to effectively open many devices. Apparently, the type of adhesive used can be a particular problem.

@Steve80 - Thanks for your insights; I won't be buying the Onkyo!

I do hope the DX200's battery is serviceable, even if it's not user-accessible.

Kind regards,
Brian

Sep 30, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #1,065 of 22,021

@Raketen - Unfortunately, non-destructive designs are becoming rare, such that even repair shops are unable to effectively open many devices. Apparently, the type of adhesive used can be a particular problem.

@Steve80 - Thanks for your insights; I won't be buying the Onkyo!

I do hope the DX200's battery is serviceable, even if it's not user-accessible.

Kind regards,
Brian

The DX200 will have easy access to the battery. The DX200 is not glued together.

We are progressing well on the DX200.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back