DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 19, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #10,051 of 22,021
Many of the bugs often didn't show up but we decided to list everything including a couple that did come up more often. Often companies when doing FW updates often do not list everything and sometimes they have no change log at all. We have a good software team and they work hard. We continue to advance the firmware for the DX200 all so all those who use the DX200 can enjoy the music all the more.
As I see many items of bug rectification this time, it must be very major updates. But I was surprised and disappointed that
the long lasting bug that it skips a beat at start was not on the list. I am not sure if the issue was addressed but failed or the issue was neglected somehow. .
I have not seen any statements from iBasso as where they stand on it. I have collected the same concerns from multiple users in my country.
@Paul - iBasso, any update on this issue is much appreciated.

Nov 19, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #10,052 of 22,021
Paul, must be really difficult to get rid off annoying sounds when the player switches from FLAC to DSD and visa versa. Lurker00 managed to accomplish that in his USB Audio app, perhaps contact him and ask what he did.
No, I can't be in help here: with USB Audio, XMOS chip is always in USB OTG mode, which drains power faster than Normal mode.

Indeed, iBasso has done great job minimizing sound effects from mode switching. You can hear it comparing flac-DSD-flac transitions in Mango and Neutron (Generic driver).

Nov 19, 2017 at 1:19 AM Post #10,053 of 22,021
I think I find a bug in the newest Firmware.. (Android OS) Go to "All music" choose arrange by "Folder".. then touch on music track no.1 of the list-> at Player page will not show 1/XXXX but another number..

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #10,054 of 22,021
Last edited:
Nov 19, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #10,055 of 22,021
All the bells and whistles announced for 2.7.180L0, now available in just released 2.7.188L0! This release was tested by those who experienced boot hang with that early firmware build, and found no problems.

Enjoy!

My goodness, the new firmware sounds incredible and Lurker’s enhancements seem to be working perfectly for me. I was skeptical there would be any change to the sound, especially in programs other than Mango, but the change I hear in Neutron is dramatic.

As others have said, there is a noticeable improvement to soundstage, particularly depth while keeping width and overall imaging spectacular. I’m hearing tiny details like subtly double-tracked vocals, room reverb and complex drum passages like never before.

Lastly, I’d say the sound has more “speed” overall and by that I mean sounds stop and start with more authority and snap. Also, it’s like the best parts of the bass, mids and treble have all been turned up while unwanted noise has been silenced. Just a brilliant sound overall.

A big thank you to Paul and Lurker0 (and their teams) for continuing to engage with this forum and improve what was already a great product. Happy listening!

Nov 19, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #10,056 of 22,021
All the bells and whistles announced for 2.7.180L0, now available in just released 2.7.188L0! This release was tested by those who experienced boot hang with that early firmware build, and found no problems.

Enjoy!
Hey Lurker0, is there a way I can save my google play settings, 3rd party apps installed while updating from your latest build? I only have and use Neutron and UAPP. It’s not that difficult to restore manually but a way to retain my personal settings every update is nice.

Nov 19, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #10,057 of 22,021
Hey Lurker0, is there a way I can save my google play settings, 3rd party apps installed while updating from your latest build?
Firmware update does not clear the settings and installed apps. Moreover, I've managed to keep Google Play account if you disable Google services and then enable them again.

Nov 19, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #10,059 of 22,021
Updated !

Somehow i lost all offline file of tidal (on sd card) , while spotify file on player's memory is intact.

Now listening from my flac files , yes the soundstage definitely has inproved , cant put my finger on it . But sound wider , cant hear obvious depth different (yet) , clarity yes-instruments sound more (articulated) ?

Will carry on listening for more improvements in sq.

Thanks Paul & Co for job well done !

***also i dont suffer much bugs from mention on list , except maybe ui abit slow and battery consumtion abit high. Hope this update improve and address both this issue to aceptable level .

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #10,060 of 22,021
Anyone finds the new 2.7.188 firmware to cut down a little on the "air" just by a hairline but made the signature more holographic compared to 2.7.180? This is in native Mango mode. I'm using the AMP3.

Nov 19, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #10,061 of 22,021
Anyone finds the new 2.7.188 firmware to cut down a little on the "air" just by a hairline but made the signature more holographic compared to 2.7.180? This is in native Mango mode. I'm using the AMP3.

Using neutron hires setting, observe same as yours.

Nov 19, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #10,062 of 22,021
I can tell you that there is no a difference between 180 and 188 related to Mango mode in either way, unless you listen mp3/ogg/aac/wma (all lossy) formats :wink:

Nov 19, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #10,063 of 22,021
I can tell you that there is no a difference between 180 and 188 related to Mango mode in either way, unless you listen mp3/ogg/aac/wma (all lossy) formats :wink:
FLAC

Nov 19, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #10,065 of 22,021

Enjoy!

Given I already have a previous Lurker firmware installed, do I need to go through the whole flashing process again to install the new one or is it a more simple process akin to installing the official firmware?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back