1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641
643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652
Next

Last
  1. Womaz
    Its the one you get with Sky Broadband in the UK

2. ctaxxxx
    I wonder if this will be worth getting if you don't even have a pentaconn connector. I know there are 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapters, but at this point, I would be buying it only for the change in amp sound signature.

Then again the new HD660S will come with a pentaconn cable, and as far as I'm aware, there are no 4.4mm to 2.5mm adapters (not possible I guess).

So far my amp usage goes like this:
    • AMP1 - Unused.
    • AMP2 - Car stereo and SE Line Out to SE desktop amp. Smooth sound signature.
    • AMP3 - Additional power due to BAL. Best sound signature. Waiting to try BAL Line Out to desktop amp.
    Also, is AMP5 suppose to be more powerful than AMP3? Or is it just a more powerful AMP2, which will make AMP2 obsolete (unless the sound signature is different)?

Glasha likes this.
  3. jerick70
    After looking on their page, Sky doesn't list which routers they use.

4. AndrewH13
    The Sennheiser ie800S also comes with a 4.4mm balanced cable.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  5. mrmoto050
    It is a setting for your Internet Router usually 2.4GB or 5GB, some of them are dual channel.
    Usually you can log into your router and it will tell you which one you can use or both.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  6. Signal2Noise
    Or better yet, 2.4 GHz or 5GHz :)

7. wirefriend
    Thank you for your response.
    I think Amp1 has balanced out as well. Isn't that correct?
    Which one do you prefer, AR M2 or DX200+Amp3?

8. mrmoto050
    It's used in conjunction with USB Pro driver so it can play Hi Rez files at recorded Bit Rates

Signal2Noise likes this.
  9. DarginMahkum
    At last I got myself very nice closed cans to pair with my DX200: ZMF Eikon! Great sound with DX200 and great isolation. Now I am about to order a replacement cable but not sure which connector I should get. AMP3 is 2.5mm balanced, AMP4 is 4.4mm pentaconn balanced, AMP5 is 3.5mm SE. The latter 2 are still to be announced, so might take a few weeks to lay my hands on them. Eikons are 300 ohm big boys that need to be fed properly.

So the million dollar question is: Will AMP4/AMP5 bring any improvements over AMP3/AMP2 for the sound? Or is it just the connector type that is different?

10. Womaz
    Just had a look into the properties filed and I cant tell which one it is using ,its a fairly new Sky Hub

11. ExpatinJapan
    IMG_6892.JPG Via iBasso Twitter

Glasha, KEV G and jerick70 like this.
  12. jerick70
    No line out? That's a deal breaker for me.

13. cbeaumont001
    I previously had issues with the beginning of each song (approx .5 seconds into the song) stutters when offline files were stored on SD card. Storing offline files on internal DX200 storage resolved the problem. Perhaps the latest version of Tidal has resolved this issue?

Glasha likes this.
  14. cbeaumont001
    @Lurker0 what does switching the XMOS chip to DSD/ USB DAC mode actually do? You've mentioned that it consumes more battery than "normal" mode which is used for files with sample rate <176khz. I've always thought the USB DAC mode (or USB audio and direct driver) sounded slightly better than Neutron and its generic driver (bit perfect) but I'm probably just making it up. Is there anything about listening in XMOS DSD mode that would change the sound for non-DSD files directly on the DX200 headphone output, such as higher power output or disabling background processes on the DX200 or android?

15. TenderTendon
    I'm too lazy to look back through 600+ pages. Wondering if anyone knows when amp4 will be available. I would love to audition this player, but everything I have now is 4.4mm and I don't want to buy cables or adapter to do so.

First

Back
632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641
643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652
Next

Last