DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 5, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #9,226 of 22,021
My full English review of the AMP3 module went live earlier today: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/10/ibasso-dx200-amp3-review-english.html#more

DSC04349-small.JPG

Oct 5, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #9,227 of 22,021
Oct 5, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #9,228 of 22,021

Lovely review!

I love AMP3, it is just the sweet brother of the AMP1.

I really hope to have time for AMP2 sometime soon as well, since I have a larger variety of SE cables than I have Balanced. Even so, Oriveti's balanced cable works with almost all my MMCX IEMs, and man, I love AMP3 and its analogue sound. It keeps everything I love about AMP1 and takes it one step beyond.

Oct 5, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #9,229 of 22,021
Nice review, very detailed and informative. That's what I appreciate about the AMP3 the Analog signature.

As a general rule, I've found I tend to prefer a more neutral sound rather than warm, analogue or organic.
Having said that, I love the AMP3 regardless and think it sounds fantastic.

What I'd love to hear is an identical amp (in terms of balanced out with the same high current and voltage) but tuned to a more neutral/reference sound.
Now THAT would be a lot of fun to do A/B testing on :D
It would probably be quite educational too, in terms of enabling people to understand and perceive the difference between the two styles of sound signature :)
@Paul - iBasso how about it? AMP6? :wink:
And any updates on my beloved IT04 and IT01? :D

Oct 5, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #9,231 of 22,021
Only one question Paul, is the copper model in production now? I think that many would like to know.:) Thank you.

Oh, one thing I thought I should share about all audio companies slow answer this week :darthsmile:

All companies form China might delay the answers they are giving to us because China is in holidays right now and everyone is free, and RMAF is taking place right now. I myself posted some questions to Paul, and I just remembered this thing.

When everyone gets back to work, I am also very curious about the cooper and the other flavour models from DX200! The idea itself seems quite novel, especially for those who like those materials

Oct 5, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #9,233 of 22,021

Nice review

It's exactly the sensation that I have ,when use Amp3 I have a better understanding of music,but not huge different Amp1 and Amp3 ,I suppose this product Is produced for people like me :wink: .
Improved Signature not warm or bright ,Part of this is that I can point out Mid ,Trible ,control ...
I am a fan of Amp1 but Amp3 has led the competition towards itself .

Oct 5, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #9,234 of 22,021
Can someone explain the digital filters? I switch between them but can't really tell the difference. I listen primarily with iems but I have a few headphones as well.

Oct 5, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #9,236 of 22,021
Well, I don’t know....but IMO, the Amp3 has “vastly” improved the soundstage and layering in comparison to Amp1....eventhough a little more warmth and sub-bass on Amp3, the timbres and sound signatures are not much different than Amp1.....however, Soundstage and layering are hugely improved.

Could be the fact that I amp driving Utopia, a full size Headphones while doing the comparison VS anyone who uses in ears monitors

Oct 5, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #9,237 of 22,021
Well, I don’t know....but IMO, the Amp3 has “vastly” improved the soundstage and layering in comparison to Amp1....eventhough a little more warmth and sub-bass on Amp3, the timbres and sound signatures are not much different than Amp1.....however, Soundstage and layering are hugely improved.

Could be the fact that I amp driving Utopia, a full size Headphones while doing the comparison VS anyone who uses in ears monitors
To my ears the AMP3 is very different in comparison to AMP1. They both have their place, IMO, but my preference is for AMP3. I hear more into the music and at the same time, it is natural without calling attention to itself. It is more relaxed than AMP1 and yet very dynamic and transparent. I guess by relaxed I mean analogue without the ticks I used to hear on LPs. I use it with my IEM's and for headphones, I mostly use the Utopia now.

Oct 5, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #9,238 of 22,021
To my ears the AMP3 is very different in comparison to AMP1. They both have their place, IMO, but my preference is for AMP3. I hear more into the music and at the same time, it is natural without calling attention to itself. It is more relaxed than AMP1 and yet very dynamic and transparent. I guess by relaxed I mean analogue without the ticks I used to hear on LPs. I use it with my IEM's and for headphones, I mostly use the Utopia now.

Yepe, I agree with your statement. It could be just that we are using full size Headphones and Utopia is very revealing :)

Oct 6, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #9,239 of 22,021
Yepe, I agree with your statement. It could be just that we are using full size Headphones and Utopia is very revealing :)

I agree with both of you ,My preliminary comparison Amp1 and Amp3 ,I've been on my memory.during that Amp3 burn in Coming back to compare again :)
Of course i love it right now.

Oct 6, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #9,240 of 22,021
I am considering selling my AK300 and replacing it with the IBasso DX200. I may do this as I am looking for a DAP that I can use TIDAL offline with. The DAP will 95% be used with TIdal.
I do love the sound from my AK , so will the IBasso have a similar sound signature? Also a lot of posts saying you have to download apk. files etc. Is this a simple job for a bit of a technophobe like me?
Any guidance apprecaited

Users who are viewing this thread

Back