1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617
619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628
Next

Last
  1. jerick70
    I've read that review a couple of times and missed the K10 comparison. It sounds like they are an excellent match.

2. Womaz
    Yeah good advice I know but not really possible I am afraid

3. Dobrescu George
    Interesting take!

Opus #2 is much better than I thought it'd be (can really stay in the same ring as DX200 and all the other Ultra top end DAPs out there) and as for X7mkii (the other DAP I consider to be top-tier), X7mkii is very good as sound alone.

As a device, it is much better than X7 was, offers similar features to DX200, and all in all it is not bad. I can say, from my listening so far, that it feels a bit more U shaped than DX200 somehow. Not a large difference , but I kind of felt it. The dynamics are pretty good, and, this will be a taste thing, the bass is thicker on X7mkii, while DX200 has a quicker bass, which inherently resolves really well.

Totally agreed! PErsonal preference is everything, sometimes some people are actually looking for something less than the most detailed and such, one should always get what is best to him.

this being said, DX200 is really musica, and detailed, it really catches the best of the two worlds. What it also does interestingly well is that it is also extremely neutral and balanced - it does not have any tilting to bright or dark signatures.

dsrk likes this.
  4. dsrk
    George, I am eagerly waiting for your detailed comparison between DX200 and X7 II.

5. tuckers
    Can the DX200 be used to receive Bluetooth from a phone, becoming a bluetooth adapter for wired headphones?

6. jerick70
    You can use bluetooth headphones with the DX200. What do you mean by an adapter?

7. Dobrescu George
    Working my way through it!

At this point in time, I am waiting for some answers from FiiO actually, since it was holiday in China and they couldn't answer my inquries... Some things about X7mkii need sorting out before I can compare it to DX200, because while the sound alone might be comparable, some things I have to sort out.

I want to say this from the get-go: DX200 is one of the most complete and generally stable DAPs I've tried so far. I don't know how it was in the previous firmwares, but now it is really stable. Like, I'd trust it to be a daily driver and take it whenver I need something to do multiple jobs (like do both DAP work, DAC work, transport and so on)

Not sure how the display looks to most, but I love the color and image resolution with DX200 :darthsmile:

Not without some third party app. As for what app might do that, I've no idea...

What you want it to do is for DX200 to act as a BT received for the signal, which I think can be done with some apps, but cannot guarantee with what and how. Android power users who deal in root and such might have a much better answer!

mrmoto050 and dsrk like this.
  8. tuckers
    I mean using it the opposite way, sound coming from phone via Bluetooth to the DX200 then to headphones.

9. jerick70
    I don't think you can do that with the standard setup. Like @Dobrescu George said, you may be able to download an application to do that. You may even look at setting up your phone as a DLNA server.

10. tuckers
    Yes, this is what I mean. I'm getting a Google Pixel XL 2 and it doesn't have a headphone jack. Don't want to carry around a pair of Bluetooth headphones at the gym when I use my DX200 and good IEMS, so that I can connect very occasionally to my phone to hear a youtube video or something.

11. Dobrescu George
    Hm... If we're talking about a gym setup, maybe getting something a bit more portable to compliment DX200 might be better, especially since it might protect DX200 from the typical gym conditions.

12. icefalkon
    Bring the DX200 to a gym? lol why?

Get an AK100 for that lol, it's smaller and can take a ridiculous beating. Or even a freaking Sansa lol.

Signal2Noise likes this.
  13. artpiggo
    Or even smartphone would do its job. Spotify 's playlist and bluetooth headset is all enough.

14. twister6 Contributor
    Yes, pair up of K10UA (I have Rose Gold edition, which is the same as a regular aluminum universal) with DX200 is really good with a default AMP1, and excellent with AMP3, but you will need to upgrade the cable to balanced for amp3.

jerick70 likes this.
  15. jerick70
    What do you think about the K10 S compared to the Andromeda? I already have the Andros.

First

Back
608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617
619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628
Next

Last