DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 26, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #9,061 of 22,021
Any updates on which stock player people are using these days?

The Android Mango

Or

IBasso stripped down Mango

(For want of better terms).

I was on Mango, now back to Android Mango.

Not sure which is best still

@Lurker0 any input as you have dissected the firmwares etc
Thanks

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #9,062 of 22,021
Perhaps some other owners can chime in. I lose about 1% every hour with mine on standby, granted mine is only a day old. Battery life will get worse the more times you cycle the battery.

That suggests that the dx200 will drop from 100% to dead in about 4 days of sitting idle. That is consistent with my experience with my dx200. I am surprised as none of my previous DAPs (ipod, Fiio x5, AR-M2) behaved this way. With each of them, I could leave them idle for weeks and at most I would see the charge level drop about 10-15%.

This does mean I will have to be much more careful about fully powering off the dx200 when I am finished using it as letting the battery get drained to 0% repeatedly is definitely not good.

Sep 26, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #9,063 of 22,021

The Android Mango

Or

Thanks

For me, I use Android Mango with Neutron Music Player (to access home-network music at home i.e. UPNP, FTP)

Neutron has supported up to 24/192 bit perfect.

Sep 27, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #9,064 of 22,021
which is best still
Best from which point of view? If you ask about sound signature, then you'd better ask somebody else :wink:

Since I've developed USB Audio app, I run Mango (either one) only for brief tests. Since Neutron with support for DX200 is out, I use mostly Neutron, and Hiby+USB Audio for SACD ISO images. For past several days I use test builds of Neutron with even better support for DX200.

One of the reasons I consider DX200 as the end game DAP for me is that I can use 3rd party apps with it, which (a number of them: nobody perfect!) suit all my needs in support of different formats and features.

Sep 27, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #9,065 of 22,021

The Android Mango

Or

Thanks

|Android Mango because of its convinience - it can do everything smoothly and nicely, and sounds really good. I got used to its GUI much faster than most other APPs, so it is a total win for me. I'd probably use either Hiby or Neutron if I weren't using it so far.

The stripped down Mango looks nice, but that volume adjusting thingy above is pretty important for me.

Sep 27, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #9,066 of 22,021
DX200 is on vacations but working.. :)

20170927_130458.jpg 20170927_130539.jpg

Sep 27, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #9,069 of 22,021
I got my dx200 a few weeks ago and I have been enjoying it. I do have a concern. I noticed that if I leave it sitting for a day or two, the battery drains to empty, even when it is not in use. Is this normal? None of my other DAPs have had this issue. When left idle, their batteries would drop a few percent over several days but none of them ever discharged at the rate the dx200 is discharging..

I suppose that I can shut off the dx200 and restart it next time I want to use it, but this is a bit of an inconvenience.

Cheers
Try using airplane mode if you are not using any WiFi or BT. HAve you checked your settings? MIne will shut down after 10min of no signal all by itself.

Sep 27, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #9,070 of 22,021
Best from which point of view? If you ask about sound signature, then you'd better ask somebody else :wink:

Since I've developed USB Audio app, I run Mango (either one) only for brief tests. Since Neutron with support for DX200 is out, I use mostly Neutron, and Hiby+USB Audio for SACD ISO images. For past several days I use test builds of Neutron with even better support for DX200.

One of the reasons I consider DX200 as the end game DAP for me is that I can use 3rd party apps with it, which (a number of them: nobody perfect!) suit all my needs in support of different formats and features.
I am using Neutron and Hiby with your software, no issues at all and it sounds superb! Tidal works well also both on and offline.

Sep 27, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #9,072 of 22,021
Need more news about amp4 developments as well :D

I tried usb connection, and seriously, I opt for Spdif/Coax out. Now, Dx200 do Native DSD from SPDIF/COAX by Mango, just plug and play. No need to flicking and ticking around. Then unplug it and plug in headphones and play again....no need to tinkering around the options.

Better yet, Spdif/Coax Out will allow EQ customization together, and as expensive as SP1000...no Native DSD out of Spdif/Coax

Sep 27, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #9,074 of 22,021
I got my dx200 a few weeks ago and I have been enjoying it. I do have a concern. I noticed that if I leave it sitting for a day or two, the battery drains to empty, even when it is not in use. Is this normal? None of my other DAPs have had this issue. When left idle, their batteries would drop a few percent over several days but none of them ever discharged at the rate the dx200 is discharging..

I suppose that I can shut off the dx200 and restart it next time I want to use it, but this is a bit of an inconvenience.

Cheers
The DX200 in standby will last about 1 week at the most. If you are getting much less than this please email me at paul@ibasso.com . Normally I turn the DX200 off when not in use to have as much of the battery left to use. For longer term storage it is a good rule of thumb to store the DX200 with around 80% left on the battery with the DX200 turned off.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back