DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 22, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #691 of 22,021
  Hope for the best, if you look at DX80 thread, you would be dreaded by how unreliable it is for some people. It's quite surprising, although it can be fun for someone who likes to fiddle with things. Sounds awesome though when it works.

I am still thinking that it might have to do with some cards/files/tags (I for example haven't had any of the recently reported issues with the DX80). I guess the easiest way would be for the people who are facing issues to send their Micro SD cards to iBasso so they could get around the issues. It is a total makeshift but if it finally helps solving all software issues for everyone, I guess both those people as well as iBasso would be satisfied.

Jun 22, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #692 of 22,021
My point is that I think iBasso have realised it may be putting customers off their DAPs, so they may be taking the time to develop firmware that is more reliable, before releasing the DX200.

We will find out, before too long, no doubt
beerchug.gif

Jun 22, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #694 of 22,021

I am still thinking that it might have to do with some cards/files/tags (I for example haven't had any of the recently reported issues with the DX80). I guess the easiest way would be for the people who are facing issues to send their Micro SD cards to iBasso so they could get around the issues. It is a total makeshift but if it finally helps solving all software issues for everyone, I guess both those people as well as iBasso would be satisfied.

Not sure it is entirely cards related, some have reported songs disappearing from the list, unusual battery drain, reboots, 1.4.2 being not reliable for scanning etc. It really boggles my mind how can there be different issues that are FW related only, don't know if HW to be blames and I know Paul have clarified many times that it is the same exact HW in all players. Wonder if people can send their DX80 with cards in them to iBasso for debugging. Hope DX200 will not have such issues. I am waiting ...

Jun 23, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #696 of 22,021
Yes we work on the DX200 every day. We are working to have the implementation and UI go as smooth as possible.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 23, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #700 of 22,021
I guess I will be interested if the execution is above usual expectations... the communications have been a bit concerning to be honest, being below my expectations, and I ship product for a living so I know how difficult it can be to walk the line with information sharing, predictions and promises. When the company starts a thread about a new product at the end of 2015 and jumps in now once a month with the most minimal updates possible in the middle of 2016 it is a bit annoying and warrants a little grief on the return path. Consider the grief given 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 23, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #701 of 22,021
I guess I will be interested if the execution is above usual expectations... the communications have been a bit concerning to be honest, being below my expectations, and I ship product for a living so I know how difficult it can be to walk the line with information sharing, predictions and promises. When the company starts a thread about a new product at the end of 2015 and jumps in now once a month with the most minimal updates possible in the middle of 2016 it is a bit annoying and warrants a little grief on the return path. Consider the grief given :veryevil:

Anticipation heightens the pleasure! Muahaha

Jun 23, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #702 of 22,021
  I guess I will be interested if the execution is above usual expectations... the communications have been a bit concerning to be honest, being below my expectations, and I ship product for a living so I know how difficult it can be to walk the line with information sharing, predictions and promises. When the company starts a thread about a new product at the end of 2015 and jumps in now once a month with the most minimal updates possible in the middle of 2016 it is a bit annoying and warrants a little grief on the return path. Consider the grief given 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yeah, the wait can be frustrating at times, it kind of cools that itch.

Jun 23, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #704 of 22,021
Many companies announce ahead of time and I have seen a number give out some information a year ahead. I like to know something is coming around and unless they give a date, and then miss it by a lot, I take it in stride. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back