DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 5, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #676 of 22,021
What I definitely could handle, though, is the 'awesomeness' of the DX100s sound multiplied by 2!
L3000.gif

Jun 5, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #677 of 22,021

DX200 actually going to be just two DX100's glued together, for balanced out you plug one ear into each and hit play at the same time.
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Now that probably got them thinking, back at the ol' iBasso headquarters...
I can imagine something being discussed like: ''Hey guys, what do you think...can we pull that off with some superglue?''
''Yes? OK then...back to the drawing board!''
biggrin.gif

What I definitely could handle, though, is the 'awesomeness' of the DX100s sound multiplied by 2!
L3000.gif

+ (at least) double batterylife of course 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 9, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #680 of 22,021
  Only if iBasso decides it is worth their time adjusting their UI to suit. Sony's ZX2 released last year still runs off Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. Which is a late 2012 OS.

So do the continuing Android OS really add a lot or less for daps with their requirements? 

Jun 9, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #682 of 22,021

So do the continuing Android OS really add a lot or less for daps with their requirements? 

Depends on what the user wants to do with it and how they intend to use it. It's not a big deal if the OS is only 1-2 versions behind, but when you're paying a premium for a DAP and they're giving you an Android OS that is near obselete, you might as well get non-android based DAP. If I'm going to be paying $600 or more, it better damn well be the latest OS. 

But keep in mind, later OS models does have some key features that could help improve the DAP significantly. For example lower power consumption with their more efficient energy saving modes, more efficient handling of processes etc.

Jun 10, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #683 of 22,021
  Depends on what the user wants to do with it and how they intend to use it. It's not a big deal if the OS is only 1-2 versions behind, but when you're paying a premium for a DAP and they're giving you an Android OS that is near obselete, you might as well get non-android based DAP. If I'm going to be paying $600 or more, it better damn well be the latest OS. 

But keep in mind, later OS models does have some key features that could help improve the DAP significantly. For example lower power consumption with their more efficient energy saving modes, more efficient handling of processes etc.

I get what you're saying, but I would also add that it means you can use streaming apps, and 4.X isn't all that close to obsolescence there. Google Play Music, for example, is still compatible with Android 2.2. Spotify is 4.0.3, so you're cutting it closer, but I don't see them pushing that too far any time soon. There are still a good number of devices out there running old versions of Android. 

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #684 of 22,021
Hey @Paul - iBasso, how are you guys doing with this new DX200? It has been almost 4 weeks so I thought I would ask if there are any updates?

I heard some of your products for the first time at a small meet up in Minneapolis a few weeks ago, a DX90 driving Oppo PM-3 courtesy of @howdy and I was very impressed.

I hope the new DX200 is a big hit for you, and that you all can get it out the door at some point soon. I am going to be looking at new DACs later this year, but if there is any chance you will have a cradle and a nice line out that I could run into a desktop amp, well I would be checking back here much more often and consider the DX200 instead of a desktop DAC.

Jun 15, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #685 of 22,021
Hey @Paul - iBasso
, how are you guys doing with this new DX200? It has been almost 4 weeks so I thought I would ask if there are any updates?

I heard some of your products for the first time at a small meet up in Minneapolis a few weeks ago, a DX90 driving Oppo PM-3 courtesy of @howdy
 and I was very impressed.

I hope the new DX200 is a big hit for you, and that you all can get it out the door at some point soon. I am going to be looking at new DACs later this year, but if there is any chance you will have a cradle and a nice line out that I could run into a desktop amp, well I would be checking back here much more often and consider the DX200 instead of a desktop DAC.

Let's hope it's just the calm before the storm (release) :)

Jun 17, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #687 of 22,021
Most likely Coax and TOSLINK digital outputs, 3.5 mm LO plus one headphone output (depending on what modules iBasso will offer - I am guessing that there will be at least 3 modules (TRRS balanced, 3.5 mm single-ended low power output and 3.5 mm or 6.3 mm high power output)).

Just guessing of course, but this seams quite likely.

Jun 21, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #689 of 22,021
I think iBasso's software team are probably very busy, ironing-out bugs, to get a (relatively) stable firmware ready for the DX200 release....

Jun 21, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #690 of 22,021
Hope for the best, if you look at DX80 thread, you would be dreaded by how unreliable it is for some people. It's quite surprising, although it can be fun for someone who likes to fiddle with things. Sounds awesome though when it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back