DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 2, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #6,886 of 22,021
but sometimes, when i start listening or i pause, i listen a loud pop
When not used, DAC and analog parts, including headphone amplifiers, are turned off, to save battery power. What you hear is a transitional process in the amplifier when its power turns on or off. Though it is possible to implement delayed switches (relays), like it was done in DX50 and DX90, there is an opinion that it may have negative impact on the sound.

So, it's a feature by design.

Jul 2, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #6,887 of 22,021
When not used, DAC and analog parts, including headphone amplifiers, are turned off, to save battery power. What you hear is a transitional process in the amplifier when its power turns on or off. Though it is possible to implement delayed switches (relays), like it was done in DX50 and DX90, there is an opinion that it may have negative impact on the sound.

So, it's a feature by design.
Hi, really tanks for your explanation. so i´,m not alone. from a side, i´m more relaxed because it´s not an hardware problem but in the other side it´s a little annoying.if i understood well your post, it is an hardware implementation?

Jul 3, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #6,889 of 22,021
Maybe this has been answered before, but would be very grateful for advice on the following: I am using a small USB C microsd card reader, as a quick and easy way to expand storage before the internal card. It works quite well in Android, but it appears to drain battery faster. Does anyone know of a working "splitter cable" that will enable to charge the DX200 whilst using the reader, or a very small hub which has microsd reader and power delivery? The ones I have seen are for laptops, much bigger and with far more features than needed.

Many thanks!

Jul 3, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #6,890 of 22,021
Maybe this has been answered before, but would be very grateful for advice on the following: I am using a small USB C microsd card reader, as a quick and easy way to expand storage before the internal card. It works quite well in Android, but it appears to drain battery faster. Does anyone know of a working "splitter cable" that will enable to charge the DX200 whilst using the reader, or a very small hub which has microsd reader and power delivery? The ones I have seen are for laptops, much bigger and with far more features than needed.

Many thanks!

Buy this one.
截屏_20170703_182508.jpg

Jul 3, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #6,892 of 22,021
Does anyone know of a working "splitter cable" that will enable to charge the DX200 whilst using the reader
In general, it is not possible: the host (DX200) must provide current to the device (reader), and can't consume current via the same wires at the same time. There is an extended USB specification that allows a host to charge in OTG mode, but it should be implemented as a software option, which is absent in DX200.

Jul 3, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #6,893 of 22,021
Thanks, this seems to be doing the trick, but is somewhat clunky due to lack of usb-c.Also, I am not sure that the power supply will actually charge the DX200. A simpler solution might be a splitter cable, or a usb-c hub which has power passthrough.

For now, this is the best and assured way to use both charging and data functionality. usb-c splitter is not a viable option for dx200 except iBasso will manufacture some cable to support.

Jul 3, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #6,894 of 22,021
For now, this is the best and assured way to use both charging and data functionality. usb-c splitter is not a viable option for dx200 except iBasso will manufacture some cable to support.
Thanks, have you tested it, and can you confirm that it charges the DX200 as the card reader is in use? I guess it also needs a USB to USB-C converter, to plug into the DX200, as well as a full USB sd card reader...

Jul 3, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #6,895 of 22,021
Thanks, have you tested it, and can you confirm that it charges the DX200 as the card reader is in use? I guess it also needs a USB to USB-C converter, to plug into the DX200, as well as a full USB sd card reader...

Yup I tested it at store. The trick is after insert this to dx200 along with usb c to usb a then connect one end to power bank via micro usb cable first then connect card reader usb at bottom end.

It will charge unit properly.

Jul 3, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #6,896 of 22,021
If you try my ROM, I recommend to test my tweaked Apollo app. You may probably like it more than paid software. For video playback, I recommend MX Player.

Regards,
Keetakawee

I DL'd MX Player...it's very good, nicer in some ways than VLC. Apollo seems okay but need to play with it more. I'm also evaluating Neutron & PowerAmp. I'm hesitant in purchasing Neutron only because of the UI and no built-in metadata editor. I got the Hiby new beta and that looks excellent. I installed my paid Rocket Player on as well and that seems to be doing well. Too many audio apps to play with!

One thing I notice with your ROM is the DX200 takes a long time to boot from the Power Off state. A long press of power button (3+ seconds) looks to turn the screen on, it brightens a little but remains dark with no image. Then I need to press power several times before OS GUI appears. Have you or anyone else experienced this?

Jul 4, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #6,899 of 22,021
That is when you can't wait DX300 to come out while realizing ES9028PRO isn't enough and long for ES9038PRO upgrade.

Jul 4, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #6,900 of 22,021
Hey
Could you shed some light on what exactly the difference is, to let people decide whether it worth spending time?

Actually I would like to know the differences between the two as well please. . . . I just got a new DX200 (my first one had the faulty touchscreen), so I have to start over with ROM installments. . . Do any of your ROMS allow for improve sound quality (or third party app access) with TIDAL? That is the prominent app that I use outside of the music stored on my DX200.

Also Lurker on your mod page you have this statement for USB Audio:
If you want more than one USB Audio compatible music player, use Active player feature to avoid problems.

Can you please explain where this "Active Player" feature would be located? If I go with your ROM, I'll most likely have both UAPP and Hiby downloaded on my device (again because of TIDAL access)

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back