DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 29, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #6,856 of 22,021
Does anyone know if UAPP or ONKYO Hf improve the sound output when the run Tidal through the apps?

Also I have not been able to download UAPP since I installed the Lurker Rom..., what do I do?

Jun 29, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #6,857 of 22,021
I don't know about the new AMP3 and AMP4, but if it's anything like FiiO's Amp5 for the X7, then the extra power will have a serious effect on the battery life.

Also, like I mentioned, "Whatever I get next", so they might be harder to drive than the nightOwls.

Oh, that's something I didn't know. I have outlets at my desk, so battery life is not much of a concern for me since I can just charge it there.

Jun 29, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #6,859 of 22,021
With the right tips (Dekoni memory foam) and my CDM my Andros put out a lot of detailed excellent bass.
Does anyone know if UAPP or ONKYO Hf improve the sound output when the run Tidal through the apps?

Also I have not been able to download UAPP since I installed the Lurker Rom..., what do I do?
Yeah, the sound is better than the Tidal app through UAPP, both with and without playing it bit-perfect. At least to my ears.

You should be able to download it through Google Play as usual. I'd buy it through a PC/Mac/Android device first so you don't have to make a purchase throught the DX200, if you haven't already. My guess is it'd be more secure. Then just download through Google Play.

Jun 30, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #6,860 of 22,021
i listen with tidal in android mode.
the option of gain is only in mango mode or in android too?
You can change the gain and other parameters in Android sound settings as well.

Jun 30, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #6,861 of 22,021
There are no changes that modify the sound stream :) But you may read that people find difference in sound between pure Mango and Mango under Android, different firmware builds, also at Monday morning and Saturday night :D All the above is out of control, or even placebo. It's up to you to decide.

I'd suggest to read the description. In brief: No, Yes, Yes.

Am I right to think that there is no difference in sound when compared to stock firmware?

: Stock 2.3.125 sounds better than 2.2.110 "a lot" to my ears. Lurker used 2.2.110 version of power.rk3368.so file and that made it sounds closer to 2.2.110 which I don't like. I prefer patching more cpu shutting down with 2.3.125 file.

I own a mac, but do I need a windows machine to install ROM?

: Using virtual machine to install would be easier. You can follow Lurker's instructions for mac too.

ROM will give me access to Google Play Store?

: Cooked rom will have Google Play Store access.

Is it fairly simple to revert ROM and go back to stock firmware?

: Yes. You can download OTA rom abd flash back in DX200's software update.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Cheers @Lurker0 and @WindowsX
Will probably give this a try over the weekend. Would be great to have access to Google Music on this device

Jun 30, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #6,862 of 22,021
Will probably give this a try over the weekend. Would be great to have access to Google Music on this device
If you prefer the sound of 2.3.125 and wish to use Lurker's rom,
you can either use the L0 ver. of Lurker's 2.3.125 rom or L1 ver. with adjustment in CPU settings of USB audio in DX200, which Lurker mentioned it will not turn off the cores.

Jun 30, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #6,863 of 22,021
Yeah, the sound is better than the Tidal app through UAPP, both with and without playing it bit-perfect. At least to my ears.

You should be able to download it through Google Play as usual. I'd buy it through a PC/Mac/Android device first so you don't have to make a purchase throught the DX200, if you haven't already. My guess is it'd be more secure. Then just download through Google Play.

Yeah my DX200 is one of the faulty ones with the touch screen and not downloading apps, so I am sending it back and being sent another one. So much for a weeks worth of burning in the device. Lol #backatone

Jun 30, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #6,864 of 22,021
Here's simple step to flash ROM.

1. Download and install driver from here.

https://androiddatahost.com/c9vum

2. Download Factory Tool provided by Paul http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/FactoryTool_v1.39_DX200.zip

3. Flash ROM according to instructions in "DX200 batch tool instruction.doc" file.

Also, you can try formatting micro SD card with exFAT/128kb to improve performance with large capacity card.

Regards,
Keetakwee

I installed the firmware mod! It was worrisome at first but following the instructions and reading the "readme" files got me through it. The first boot after the update was just as nerve wracking because it took longer than normal to load but all is fine now.

So now my question is which 3rd party music app should I use with the DX200? I have UAPP and Neutron on my wishlist, in the hopes of a sale but that may never happen so I could buy one or both of them. I already have paid apps Stellio and Rocket Player which I use on other devices. But to get full benefit from the DX200 audio capabilities is there a premium app that should be the go-to consideration? Default Mango is okay but the issue with not having album tracks in the correct track order is annoying. My music files are primarily FLAC and 360kbps MP3. I don't bother with DSD and the likes due to battery charge longevity.

Also, is there a good app for video playback I should look at? I'd use it for listening/watching concert films on-the-go.

Once again, thanks in advance!

Jun 30, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #6,865 of 22,021
I installed the firmware mod! It was worrisome at first but following the instructions and reading the "readme" files got me through it. The first boot after the update was just as nerve wracking because it took longer than normal to load but all is fine now.

So now my question is which 3rd party music app should I use with the DX200? I have UAPP and Neutron on my wishlist, in the hopes of a sale but that may never happen so I could buy one or both of them. I already have paid apps Stellio and Rocket Player which I use on other devices. But to get full benefit from the DX200 audio capabilities is there a premium app that should be the go-to consideration? Default Mango is okay but the issue with not having album tracks in the correct track order is annoying. My music files are primarily FLAC and 360kbps MP3. I don't bother with DSD and the likes due to battery charge longevity.

Also, is there a good app for video playback I should look at? I'd use it for listening/watching concert films on-the-go.

Hiby is my first choice. Then neutron is second. and UAPP the last. actually love them all. but for DX200, I now mainly use only iBasso Stock app; I feel like I'm getting used to it already.

video playback apps - I recommend MX player and VLC.

Jun 30, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #6,866 of 22,021
Hiby is my first choice. Then neutron is second. and UAPP the last. actually love them all. but for DX200, I now mainly use only iBasso Stock app; I feel like I'm getting used to it already.

video playback apps - I recommend MX player and VLC.

Why Hiby?

Jun 30, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #6,867 of 22,021
Why Hiby?

Easy to use. Vivid interface. Not laggy, fast scan music, have network storage playback option.

I just wish iBasso would implement hiby into stock music app instead. Like what cayin dap did.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #6,868 of 22,021
Easy to use. Vivid interface. Not laggy, fast scan music, have network storage playback option.

I just wish iBasso would implement hiby into stock music app instead. Like what cayin dap did.

I think it is unacceptable that Mango player still full of bugs in basic functions, somehow I feel tired about keep upgrading firmware on this device.

Jul 1, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #6,869 of 22,021
I think it is unacceptable that Mango player still full of bugs in basic functions, somehow I feel tired about keep upgrading firmware on this device.
Use Android. But I use Mango all the time and don't have any real issues. There is the alphabetical order in albums in Mango but then I use Directory but to be honest, Android works really fine and it sounds very good as well.

Jul 1, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #6,870 of 22,021

If you try my ROM, I recommend to test my tweaked Apollo app. You may probably like it more than paid software. For video playback, I recommend MX Player.

With pleasure. Having Play Store is awesome with Tidal and Joox too. If you try my ROM, I recommend to test my tweaked Apollo app. You may probably like it more than paid software.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back