DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 15, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #4,291 of 22,021
I will add it (comparison to PM2, w/o JetEffects) when working on DX200 review.

Not quite sure what you mean by a better aluminum.  Your DX80 got dented when it felt on the floor?  Did you have a stock silicone or a leather case (Dignis) on?  DX200 feels sturdier in comparison, but I have no plans for drop testing of DAPs :D   Besides, I keep every single DAP in a leather case, better grip and some shock absorption if it falls down.
My DX200 goes naked because I don't like the case. My LPG goes naked because it would win against the floor. My WM1Z is dressed for sure.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #4,292 of 22,021

Not quite sure what you mean by a better aluminum.  Your DX80 got dented when it felt on the floor?  Did you have a stock silicone or a leather case (Dignis) on?  DX200 feels sturdier in comparison, but I have no plans for drop testing of DAPs
biggrin.gif
  Besides, I keep every single DAP in a leather case, better grip and some shock absorption if it falls down.

Thanks, i need a dap for better treble and wide soundstage, i like so much my pm2 but i can change '' warm signuature '' for better highs and wide soundstage. But what happend with '' depth '' I do not like skinny sound signuature, i tested fiio x7 with my shure and don't like it. Dx 200 signature is different?, with x7 sounds skinny and with much high's...
I do not use any stock silicone or a leather case, i do not like.
When my ibasso Fell to the floo loses black color, pm2 when Fell to the floor no....
( my daps Fell to the floor drop much times, i  reallyneed a leather case i know, maybe use one this time... but my pm2 resist much more than my ibasso, i go to the gym with my shure+dap )

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #4,293 of 22,021
My DX200 goes naked because I don't like the case. My LPG goes naked because it would win against the floor. My WM1Z is dressed for sure.

Our DX200's can be naked together (don't use the case myself either). But definitely not us.

I'm interested seeing the leather case on DX200 units after it breaks in a little, how it relaxes over time.

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #4,295 of 22,021
I really like the included case and except for removing and replacing the card, it always lives in the case. I would, however, welcome the addition of a silicone case.

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #4,296 of 22,021
I really like the included case and except for removing and replacing the card, it always lives in the case. I would, however, welcome the addition of a silicone case.

I would absolutely use the case if taking the unit outdoors as it offers a lot of protection for the sides and rear of the unit. But because most of my focused listening is done in my bedroom or furthermore laying down at night DX200 gives a stronger appeal of an audio device without it.

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #4,297 of 22,021

Not quite sure what you mean by a better aluminum.  Your DX80 got dented when it felt on the floor?  Did you have a stock silicone or a leather case (Dignis) on?  DX200 feels sturdier in comparison, but I have no plans for drop testing of DAPs
biggrin.gif
  Besides, I keep every single DAP in a leather case, better grip and some shock absorption if it falls down.

in my opinion pm2 without jet effects is a useless dap, while if you engage jet effect it totally turn this dap into a totl dap that is simply amazing compared to all daps i owned

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #4,298 of 22,021

Our DX200's can be naked together (don't use the case myself either). But definitely not us.

I'm interested seeing the leather case on DX200 units after it breaks in a little, how it relaxes over time.

Instructions unclear, I went outside with no clothes on. :)

Kidding aside, even though the volume pot and far borders of the screen are a bit less well accessible when using the case, I still have it on for the sake of protection.

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #4,299 of 22,021
For UK buyers I contacted AMP3 to see when they will be getting some more units, but they couldn't even give me a rough estimate. So with that in mind, I decided to place my order. I'm not in a rush to receive it, so figured it made sense for me to at least get myself in line. I used to the 10% off code and went via a cashback site (5%), so works out at about £640.

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #4,300 of 22,021
For UK buyers I contacted AMP3 to see when they will be getting some more units, but they couldn't even give me a rough estimate. So with that in mind, I decided to place my order. I'm not in a rush to receive it, so figured it made sense for me to at least get myself in line. I used to the 10% off code and went via a cashback site (5%), so works out at about £640.
nice deal bud

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #4,301 of 22,021

Instructions unclear, I went outside with no clothes on.
smily_headphones1.gif

Kidding aside, even though the volume pot and far borders of the screen are a bit less well accessible when using the case, I still have it on for the sake of protection.

Exactly, Chris!  The front of the volume wheel is a bit obstructed by the edge of the included case (it overlaps just a bit), but it's easy to turn with one finger from the back.  I'm too paranoid to go naked, though might consider commando...  for the dap of course
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #4,302 of 22,021
I would absolutely use the case if taking the unit outdoors as it offers a lot of protection for the sides and rear of the unit. But because most of my focused listening is done in my bedroom or furthermore laying down at night DX200 gives a stronger appeal of an audio device without it.

Interesting discussion, as I decided to take out the DX200 out of it's leather case when using it while lying on bed last night. I then realized how good the DX200 looks like without the case.

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #4,303 of 22,021
in my opinion pm2 without jet effects is a useless dap, while if you engage jet effect it totally turn this dap into a totl dap that is simply amazing compared to all daps i owned

I think the sound without EQ working so good for iems/headphones with warm signiature and work bad with brightness iem/headphone. In the second case need EQ.
I use shure se846 with the PM2 and i dont use EQ only mp enhance. I dont like more than mp enhance. But... the EQ of this plenue is crazy, sound very natural...

Any short comparation of fiio x7 vs dx200?

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #4,304 of 22,021
I've had my DX200 for few weeks now and I'm experiencing an odd problem that I don't believe I've seen mentioned on this thread - I missed it if it was.  But I'm experiencing what I'd call a "virtual swipe" on the screen.  For example, in pure music mode, while in the player the screen will toggle back and forth between the now playing screen and the music info screen, giving the appearance that someone is actually touching the screen to cause those actions.  It's tough to get to another screen in order to break out of the loop. I was lucky enough to finally be able to reboot to Android mode and find the same thing happening there.  It actually looks like someone is attempting to swipe up the home screen to unlock.  Kind of funny to look at - talk about the ghost in the machine.  A reboot doesn't always take care of the problem.  And when it does, it seems to be only a matter to time before this behavior starts again.  I immediately upgraded to the most current firmware when I received the device, so I'm unsure whether the new firmware is the culprit. I'm trying to re-install the FW but not having any luck at the moment getting to the system update screen.

Anyone else have a similar experience?  I get the feeling that I have a defective device.

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #4,305 of 22,021
Using the Xin Reference (same as the Micro configuration but in the Reference) and the sound is excellent. Excellent width and depth. Transparency is crazy. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back