DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 10, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #4,023 of 22,021
Started to work on my review.

I have 300 hours on the DX200 (listening and burn in).

Now for the next listening stage.

Btw. I really like it
smily_headphones1.gif

I would very much like to read

Feb 10, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #4,024 of 22,021
please do not consider this a negative post

But well for someone who can not audition the dap i have to rely on 3 things impressions and features and price in my purchasing decision

well sound impressions is debatable so I can only know about it once i buy it

features : well with all respect, why would I buy an android dap if it does not have play store so that I can install all apps, especially the ones like neutron, poweramp, jet audio,  and UAPP that somehow require purchase verficiations
My hope also for android dap was ability to root it and at least to have viper4android, which is a killer feature

pricing : well in my opinion I honestly do not know how to put it but had all features above been met and if sounds good then well it is what it is

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #4,026 of 22,021
  please do not consider this a negative post

But well for someone who can not audition the dap i have to rely on 3 things impressions and features and price in my purchasing decision

well sound impressions is debatable so I can only know about it once i buy it

features : well with all respect, why would I buy an android dap if it does not have play store so that I can install all apps, especially the ones like neutron, poweramp, jet audio,  and UAPP that somehow require purchase verficiations
My hope also for android dap was ability to root it and at least to have viper4android, which is a killer feature

pricing : well in my opinion I honestly do not know how to put it but had all features above been met and if sounds good then well it is what it is

I would love to have Play store as well. For convenience only is worth it.

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #4,027 of 22,021
I wonder the software team are now working very hardest of their capabilities to make next firmware unobjectionable.

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #4,028 of 22,021

Even though I haven't seen it stated anywhere that the DX200 supports ISO, I tried it last night and I was indeed able to play an ISO.

The DX90 is very fussy in playing ISO--sometimes it works fine, and other times not at all, depending on the ISO selected. I haven't been able to figure out what criteria makes any specific ISO track work, and others not work. The DX200 might behave the same--I haven't tested it beyond that one attempt last night.

Is there any official word on whether the DX200 supports ISO?

That's the very question i am asking--it's a must for any player I get as that is the format i now have converted all my SACDs for playback on my awesome Exasound MC DAC.   BIGSIX...if you like classical music, you could try downloading this in MASTER recording format.  If the DX200 can play this "elusive' DST ISO format I've confirmed the download is...I'm in.    Incredibly convenient as it combines 2ch and MC versions in one package (and getting "legal" relases now!), but tts probably the most diffcult file to hande as it requires lots of CPU horsepower.  I know of a grand total of ONE player that can handle it--the new Android Cayin.  

http://www.pentatonemusic.com/super-audio-cd-sampler

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #4,029 of 22,021

That's the very question i am asking--it's a must for any player I get as that is the format i now have converted all my SACDs for playback on my awesome Exasound MC DAC.   BIGSIX...if you like classical music, you could try downloading this in MASTER recording format.  If the DX200 can play this "elusive' DST ISO format I've confirmed the download is...I'm in.    Incredibly convenient as it combines 2ch and MC versions in one package (and getting "legal" relases now!), but tts probably the most diffcult file to hande as it requires lots of CPU horsepower.  I know of a grand total of ONE player that can handle it--the new Android Cayin.  

http://www.pentatonemusic.com/super-audio-cd-sampler

i d'ont have this cd but does this website have some sample to dowload?
I can try it for you if i get some samples
wink.gif

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #4,031 of 22,021
The only reason I haven't purchase this DAP yet is no Play Store. I won't be happy with a DAP that sounds as it intended by the manufacturer. I need Neutron or UAPP to alter the sound to my liking, and I doubt the PEQ that come with future FW can compete with Neutron. It's not easy for bass lover you know.

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #4,032 of 22,021
I wonder the software team are now working very hardest of their capabilities to make next firmware unobjectionable.

The boys will always find something they disapprove of or discover, tis the way of Head-fi...

IBasso could spend 3 years perfecting a firmware, bring it to our members and they'll sniff something out they object to.

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #4,033 of 22,021
I get asked about Google Play Store. Some people want it and some don't. Those that don't want it state that they prefer APK because it isn't geo sensitive and you don't have to have all the other apps that can clog up an Android unit. We developed the DX200 as a music player. There are 3rd part apps that can be used on it and people are successfully doing this. I don't expect we will please everyone but hopefully the sound and music you get with the DX200 will please most.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 10, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #4,034 of 22,021
I get asked about Google Play Store. Some people want it and some don't. Those that don't want it state that they prefer APK because it isn't geo sensitive and you don't have to have all the other apps that can clog up an Android unit. We developed the DX200 as a music player. There are 3rd part apps that can be used on it and people are successfully doing this. I don't expect we will please everyone but hopefully the sound and music you get with the DX200 will please most.

I just wish the mango os are more polished. As a graphic designer, i find the user experience is a bit stiff, but i believe in ibasso for what they will bring to the table in the future :)

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #4,035 of 22,021
I just wish the mango os are more polished. As a graphic designer, i find the user experience is a bit stiff, but i believe in ibasso for what they will bring to the table in the future
smily_headphones1.gif

We are working on it but Mango will always be a pure music mode. The DX200 will have more functions added with time. It is all about the music and enjoyment getting there. We listen to what people have to say. We may not be able to implement everything but we do listen and we care about what you think.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back