DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 10, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #4,051 of 22,021

So your only concern and the main objective is to have a great EQ to further shape the sound?  DX200 already has a very capable 10-band graphic EQ just like any other DAP, and iBasso promises to look into addition of Parametric EQ which is a dream of any EQ-head
wink.gif
  You can side load apks, Spotify and Tidal works, and some reported there is a way to get Neutron paid version to work as well (I think people contacted Neutron developer for guidance).  Google Play store support has advantage, but also opens a can of worms that can seriously affect your system performance when you start abusing it by installing different apps, forgetting this is not a smartphone.  I mean, I can't speak for iBasso, but have seen some other manufacturers struggle with it.  Again, just a speculations, but if FiiO can get Google Play store on their DAPs perhaps iBasso can do the same but it's not an easy decision due to consequences...

Ibasso in next firmware update add parametric EQ on dx200? is an affirmation?. Parametric EQ is very useful, i like the EQ on my cowon plenue m2..

Feb 10, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #4,052 of 22,021

So your only concern and the main objective is to have a great EQ to further shape the sound?  DX200 already has a very capable 10-band graphic EQ just like any other DAP, and iBasso promises to look into addition of Parametric EQ which is a dream of any EQ-head
wink.gif
  You can side load apks, Spotify and Tidal works, and some reported there is a way to get Neutron paid version to work as well (I think people contacted Neutron developer for guidance).  Google Play store support has advantage, but also opens a can of worms that can seriously affect your system performance when you start abusing it by installing different apps, forgetting this is not a smartphone.  I mean, I can't speak for iBasso, but have seen some other manufacturers struggle with it.  Again, just a speculations, but if FiiO can get Google Play store on their DAPs perhaps iBasso can do the same but it's not an easy decision due to consequences...

Ibasso in next firmware update add parametric EQ on dx200? is an affirmation?. Parametric EQ is very useful, i like the EQ on my cowon plenue m2..

Please refer to Paul's reply HERE - maybe not in the next fw update, but probably soon
wink.gif

Feb 10, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #4,053 of 22,021
onkyo HF player (which you can download/install via google store) has an AMAZING eq system

amazing.

Feb 10, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #4,054 of 22,021

Ha ha ... this is what I love about HeadFi.  One poster complains about some 'missing' feature, another poster says the manufacturer is looking into adding the feature, the next poster asks if it's coming in the next firmware upgrade, and pretty soon there will be frenzied excitement as folks pant or salivate while waiting for the next firmware release.  Of course that will lead to bitter disappointment and recriminations when the feature isn't there 
smily_headphones1.gif

As a long-time software developer, my experience is that major features like Play Store or parametric EQ don't magically show up in dot releases, especially early in a product's life cycle.  You should all be thinking 'bug fixes', UI tweaks, and corrections/improvements to existing functionality for the next few firmware releases, not addition of new features.  In addition, from Paul's posts, I believe they might never add Play Store -- why risk diluting the value of what they have delivered, a great sounding DAP at an extremely attractive price point?

Best advice I've seen in this thread recently was 'buy another DAP' in response to a poster decrying the lack of Play Store.  And note Paul's concurrence with that advice.  It would be a mistake to purchase this DAP (or any tech product) with the expectation that some 'must have' feature will be added RSN (real soon now).

What I'm waiting for is for the price to drop on the iBasso site, as $9869 is just a bit outside my budget 
biggrin.gif

<edit>  Well, I see that Parametric EQ is on iBasso's to-do list.  Nice to see -- I wonder what 'not to distant' means?  The good news is that if they plan to add it soon, they must have designed for it when implementing the existing EQ, so it's probably just a matter of exposing some existing capability in the UI. <edit>

Feb 10, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #4,055 of 22,021
​There's no need to jump in and defense religiously for a piece of device. I'm just simply suggest/hope that DX200 is the closest to a perfect DAP that would satisfy lots and lots of people out there, potential buyers.... instead of just the current group or owners.

Really not my stance here, I am not defensive or religious :)

You have a good point and everyone has different needs and tastes.

Proof is, I had found the endgame with WM1A putting SQ above all other criteria an in particular my most important : streaming. So I had the perfect DAP and convinced myself to stick with it. In the end I really missed the way I love to discover music (streaming). That's how I went for DX200 expecting it not to be as good as WM1A but fitting my way of enjoying music better.

In the end, I am stunned that we do have streaming, android apps (yes with APK) AND SQ that is (to me) just as good (but different flavour) than WM1A and way ahead FiiO X7 I shortly owned or DP-X1 I had for a year. My ZX2 was the best streaming DAP I had before but with one major flaw : lack of power which restrained the Headphones and IEM I can use it with

Now I am selling my Mojo as the DX200 is not only great sounding but as good if not better than DAP + portable amp another feat in my opinion

Feb 10, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #4,056 of 22,021
wow. a lot of discussion on google playstore preference.

Actually at first, I was also furious that why ibasso not putting it in the first place (or at least let us easily install using GAPP just like common chinese phone.)

I also miss youtube application also since google services are not supported but it is ok since I still can access via website. I also manage to install spotify and neutron paid verified though. 

but after burning it in for 150+ hr. I am very impressed with the SQ it provides and that makes me stick to the common way of listening music which is via micro sd card in pure music mode. I quite get used to a tiny slow response. 

For now, I am looking forward to seeing the improving touchscreen experience in Pure Mode most. 

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #4,057 of 22,021
Just plugged my v moda crossfade wireless in to the dx200. Bass is slightly different to mojo. I think I prefer it actually seems a tad punchier. Vocals seem a little bit more forward and crisper sounding in comparison to mojo also, anybody else know what im trying to explain or have a totally different experience to me?

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #4,058 of 22,021
Just plugged my v moda crossfade wireless in to the dx200. Bass is slightly different to mojo. I think I prefer it actually seems a tad punchier. Vocals seem a little bit more forward and crisper sounding in comparison to mojo also, anybody else know what im trying to explain or have a totally different experience to me?

I get a more rounded 3D type of sound from the DX200 over the Mojo. The dynamics are better and the bass better controlled. I still like the Mojo but I like a bit more transparency and bite that I get on the 200. I have been using the line out of the 200 and getting excellent results with my desktop amp. 

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #4,059 of 22,021
I get a more rounded 3D type of sound from the DX200 over the Mojo. The dynamics are better and the bass better controlled. I still like the Mojo but I like a bit more transparency and bite that I get on the 200. I have been using the line out of the 200 and getting excellent results with my desktop amp. 
going back and forth between this and the mojo, the mojo sounds more laid back, the dx200 sounds a bit more energetic, bass is delivered with that extra rumble and authorative manner. Maybe what im also hearing is a difference in the dynamics between the two. Vocals I also prefer on the dx200, very clean and clear, not that mojo isn't by any means it just seems to have an authority over the music. Hmmmm im really liking this, increasing the volume also seems to enhance the sound too but i cant articulate in what way.

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #4,060 of 22,021

wink.gif

Well, Fiio is currently struggling to straighten out their 5.1.1-based FW. There's just several annoying bugs that makes people crazy. I don't know how it goes for X5iii but I still can't use my X7 for more than 15 minutes without encountering one of bugs. It has improved a lot over several beta iterations but definitely far from where DX200 is at now for me in terms of annoyances.

I prefer iBasso enhance their own music player than rely on 3rd party apps to get the features DX200 currently lacking. I'm happy already with Mango OS as it is. A couple of tweaks here and there and I have no desire to switch back to Android mode.

The beauty of LPG is that it is designed to be a music player in mind and nothing else. No bells and whistles. Simple interface and a very good PMEQ and that's it. I am currently going back and for between LPG and DX200 and sometimes the DP-X1A.

The LCD is the single-most component that can quickly drain battery life faster. Having a full android system tends to make a lot of use of the screen. Further decreasing battery life.

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #4,061 of 22,021
Sorry not sure if this has been answered yet, but any way to control the DX200 from an Android phone? I think this would also take care of anyone's needs to access the Play store, and keep focusing on the DX200's SQ alone from thereon.

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #4,062 of 22,021
So your only concern and the main objective is to have a great EQ to further shape the sound?  DX200 already has a very capable 10-band graphic EQ just like any other DAP, and iBasso promises to look into addition of Parametric EQ which is a dream of any EQ-head :wink:   You can side load apks, Spotify and Tidal works, and some reported there is a way to get Neutron paid version to work as well (I think people contacted Neutron developer for guidance).  Google Play store support has advantage, but also opens a can of worms that can seriously affect your system performance when you start abusing it by installing different apps, forgetting this is not a smartphone.  I mean, I can't speak for iBasso, but have seen some other manufacturers struggle with it.  Again, just a speculations, but if FiiO can get Google Play store on their DAPs perhaps iBasso can do the same but it's not an easy decision due to consequences...

Using apk without checking from Play store which has more risk to have malware than using something that had been revised and checked is more safe, maybe ?

Official apk is okay but some website still may secretly put some malware in apk and call that officail apk. So look carefully and get real apk for reduce risk from firmware.

I just love to have play store for convinient in android mode in case I need some apps like neutron, keyboards, file explorers and I thought that it won't affect system too much, that's why I ask for it.

For now, I just stop using streaming apps, ride Mango OS and forget any DAP I ever listen to except AK380cu :wink:

Well, Fiio is currently struggling to straighten out their 5.1.1-based FW. There's just several annoying bugs that makes people crazy. I don't know how it goes for X5iii but I still can't use my X7 for more than 15 minutes without encountering one of bugs. It has improved a lot over several beta iterations but definitely far from where DX200 is at now for me in terms of annoyances.

I prefer iBasso enhance their own music player than rely on 3rd party apps to get the features DX200 currently lacking. I'm happy already with Mango OS as it is. A couple of tweaks here and there and I have no desire to switch back to Android mode.

The beauty of LPG is that it is designed to be a music player in mind and nothing else. No bells and whistles. Simple interface and a very good PMEQ and that's it. I am currently going back and for between LPG and DX200 and sometimes the DP-X1A.

The LCD is the single-most component that can quickly drain battery life faster. Having a full android system tends to make a lot of use of the screen. Further decreasing battery life.

Eventhough I came from x5iii to DX200 with a heart that fell in love with it, I had to admit that x5iii has much more fluid and user-friendly UI that close to mobilephone, make it easy to learn. Bug is still there, but so much better than x7. I can use it for a day without any crash happen. I moved to this gem because of SQ and its better amp circuit that serve my IEM better.

Mango OS is good but it can be polished and keep up on AK native app which also have their own design that not stick to mobilephone style.

But since we have android mode, I hope that they can give us our own decision to add Gapps or not for using this mode at its full potential. It won't interfere Mango OS anyway (maybe ?)

Hope Ibasso will test that and give us a reason why we shouldn't install Gapps but still give us a chance to choose :)

edit for no double post :wink:

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #4,063 of 22,021

The bass is first thing you will notice different from other DAPs. For me there is a level of detail or articulation that is not present on other sources. Not even the resolution/detail monsters most people claim on LPG, Hugo or Mojo. The 2nd thing is how DX200 present the whole music or soundstage. Everything appears bigger and wider. I also find it more forgiving on bad materials despite being resolving. I have listened to several Metallica albums which sound quite harsh on Hugo and LPG but tolerable on DX200.

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #4,064 of 22,021

wink.gif

Using apk without checking from Play store which has more risk to have malware than using something that had been revised and checked is more safe, maybe ?

Official apk is okay but some website still may secretly put some malware in apk and call that officail apk. So look carefully and get real apk for reduce risk from firmware.

I just love to have play store for convinient in android mode in case I need some apps like neutron, keyboards, file explorers and I thought that it won't affect system too much, that's why I ask for it.

For now, I just stop using streaming apps, ride Mango OS and forget any DAP I ever listen to except AK380cu
wink.gif

Just to be sure you are getting a genuine apk, there are plenty of official apk backup and restore apps on Google play without a need to root your device (search for 'app backup').  So, backup apks from your phone and copy them over to install on DX200.  This way you know these are coming from a trusted source
wink.gif

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #4,065 of 22,021
hi while we are at bass topic i want to hear your opinion about the bass on dx200. unfortunately i haven't got a chance to audition dx200 but my friend with a similar taste has. and he said that the bass decay of dx200 is quite slow hence not quite suitable for fast paced music such as metal and punk rock. can anyone chime in about this matter? thank you very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back