DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 1, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #3,646 of 22,021

​There's nothing to confuse buddy. Everybody's expressed in a different way and you should know that already. Take as most opinions as you can and digest yourself! I think it's a win-win DAP due to pricing and the SQ is on par with costlier DAPs. Get it and if you don't like, you could always sell back to me, 50% off. I'm currently waiting for PEQ to come and I'll get it by then.

i am not doubting its a good dap, but i want to know what signature it has simple as that

lack of standards is really not making feedbacks easy to come to final conclusions, and this to us where I live in a country where i can not test things before buying kinda is not so good to fathom and tolerate huge loss if you buy something then u have to sell it at 50% its price

Feb 1, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #3,647 of 22,021
  such confusing feedback, one time people say dx200 is airy, and then you say its mids are more full than wm1a, and in the wm1a thread they say the wm1a is analogue

man i blame this due to one reason, its because we do not have standards set when giving out opinions, and so the contradicting feedbacks,

someone from HF should set rules of testing things and giving out opinions based on standards, how that will be achieved is difficult but at least there are few headphones that many people have and kinda have set a solid and agreeable impresions on, and the use a standarized list of music that we can download, even if we do not like those songs it does not matter as those will be for testing purposes

right now all i am getting is total confusing feedback and no concensus at all from anything i read

Why can't you have full mids with an airy sound? Airy doesn't have to mean a thinner sound. I would prefer to have both a complete mid frequency that gets the voice right and an airiness that is natural and adds to the transparency of the sound. If you want a thick warm sound like a small nightclub, I don't think this is for you. The WM1A is more digital, to my ears. That doesn't mean it is a digital sounding player but in comparison, to me, it is not as quite as full sounding but at the same time, as mentioned, the DX200 doesn't loose the quality of separation and air around instruments and voice and sounds in general. I think the 1A is better sounding than most daps out there, at least in my experience of what I have and have heard. It steps up from the ZX2 with better power and the ability to carry the music without compressing. 

As far as standards, how do you standardize what different people hear and have them interpret that to what other people will possibly like? I have cited this example in the past but I had a friend with an LP system, all tubes and speakers. He loved it. He didn't like my system that was all tube, different speakers, and a very expensive exotic digital front end. Mine has lots of layering, depth and width and to me, is life-like. His is thick like a smoky room, you can't tell where anything is (no imaging) and I couldn't get a sense of depth but for him, it was perfect. 

Feb 1, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #3,648 of 22,021
  Why can't you have full mids with an airy sound? Airy doesn't have to mean a thinner sound. I would prefer to have both a complete mid frequency that gets the voice right and an airiness that is natural and adds to the transparency of the sound. If you want a thick warm sound like a small nightclub, I don't think this is for you. The WM1A is more digital, to my ears. That doesn't mean it is a digital sounding player but in comparison, to me, it is not as quite as full sounding but at the same time, as mentioned, the DX200 doesn't loose the quality of separation and air around instruments and voice and sounds in general. I think the 1A is better sounding than most daps out there, at least in my experience of what I have and have heard. It steps up from the ZX1 with better power and the ability to carry the music without compressing. 

As far as standards, how do you standardize what different people hear and have them interpret that to what other people will possibly like? I have cited this example in the past but I had a friend with an LP system, all tubes and speakers. He loved it. He didn't like my system that was all tube, different speakers, and a very expensive exotic digital front end. Mine has lots of layering, depth and width and to me, is life-like. His is thick like a smoky room, you can't tell where anything is (no imaging) and I couldn't get a sense of depth but for him, it was perfect. 

appreciate your feedback, and i know having standards is difficult, i was just thinking if feebacks could have been standrized all these conflicting opinions would have been better shared 

anyhow I am gonna buy the dx200 once its released in my country and lets see what will happen

Feb 1, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #3,649 of 22,021
Good point.  For now I'm storing my audio files and APKs on uSD.  Moving forward I don't think fw upgrade will be a weekly thing, so you can take advantage of internal storage.  Also, keep in mind - writing to internal memory is very fast.  Maybe down the road iBasso can come up with a reset routine without deleting internal memory files.

Even if it's super fast, it's still not the way how it should work. This is something that should be worked out in future, although I'm afraid it never will be.

Feb 1, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #3,651 of 22,021
Try the Tera Player,there is no problem at all,and music starts playing in 0.5 second from the moment you insert the SD card :grin:

Todays haiku

In every thread
Musicday must mention
The Teraplayer

:wink:

When the right time,yes it has to be mentioned. One of the best audio investment i have ever made.

Feb 1, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #3,652 of 22,021
Todays haiku

In every thread
Musicday must mention
The Teraplayer

wink.gif

Now that's funny. 

Feb 1, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #3,653 of 22,021

​There's nothing to confuse buddy. Everybody's expressed in a different way and you should know that already. Take as most opinions as you can and digest yourself! I think it's a win-win DAP due to pricing and the SQ is on par with costlier DAPs. Get it and if you don't like, you could always sell back to me, 50% off. I'm currently waiting for PEQ to come and I'll get it by then.

i am not doubting its a good dap, but i want to know what signature it has simple as that

lack of standards is really not making feedbacks easy to come to final conclusions, and this to us where I live in a country where i can not test things before buying kinda is not so good to fathom and tolerate huge loss if you buy something then u have to sell it at 50% its price

The confusion comes from people describing the signature of headphones/earphones they're using to listen to the DAP.  That's why we always ask to mention what IEM/cans you are using.  As a result, there could be discrepancy in a description limited by capability of those headphones.  Example, if your headphones can't reproducing a proper imaging and have just an average soundstage width - does that mean it's a limitation of the DAP?  Or, if you are using laid back warm headphones which have a more congested and less resolving sound, it doesn't mean the dap is not capable to shine.  It's not easy to describe signature of the DAP.  It's much easier to compare one dap to another or to describe pair up with different headphones.  Just speaking from my own personal experience...

Feb 1, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #3,654 of 22,021

The hd650 is airy and with beautiful textured weighted mids. these 2 things can very much go hand in hand

Feb 1, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #3,655 of 22,021

The hd650 is airy and with beautiful textured weighted mids. these 2 things can very much go hand in hand

The HD650 sounds great with the DX200. 

Feb 1, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #3,656 of 22,021
When the right time,yes it has to be mentioned. One of the best audio investment i have ever made.
Investment? But that hasnt satified your desire in buying multiple daps. If I did what you been doing I will spend $2,000 yo $4,000 for a Tera and then keep spending $2000 each year on newer daps.

Feb 1, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #3,657 of 22,021
I have spent 2 hours using HD800 driven by DX200 last night before going to bed. IMO, DX200 drives it at the same level as desktop amps (think Benchmark DAC2). The DX200 still gives the HD800 the same imaging and 3D soundstage. It also gives the HD800 the weigh in bass that usually is lacking when driven by other amps. I also did a quick comparison with LPG, DX200 is more capable in terms of drive power. This is obvious when listening to tracks by Daft Punk or ACDC which can push an amp to it's limit.

Feb 1, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #3,658 of 22,021
I have spent 2 hours using HD800 driven by DX200 last night before going to bed. IMO, DX200 drives it at the same level as desktop amps (think Benchmark DAC2). The DX200 still gives the HD800 the same imaging and 3D soundstage. It also gives the HD800 the weigh in bass that usually is lacking when driven by other amps. I also did a quick comparison with LPG, DX200 is more capable in terms of drive power. This is obvious when listening to tracks by Daft Punk or ACDC which can push an amp to it's limit.
Come on, the DX200 did not drive my P7 to its potential.

Feb 1, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #3,660 of 22,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back