DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 31, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #3,556 of 22,021
And good price too:thumbsup:

$80 over the iBasso price for  some accessories which cost them ~maybe~ $15?  (...and which mostly aren't needed.)

Optical cable available on Amazon for $8.95 here

3.5mm stereo cable available in various lengths for <$15.

Short here for $9.95
Long here for $12.95

USB charger ... won't even go there

So $80 for add-ons you could purchase separately for < $25.

Cables are the highest mark-up items in electronics.  I used to work at Staples (hey,cut me some slack, new to area, needed something).  Store's cost on $49.95 'Premium' HDMI cable was $8.26.

Not hatin' -- I'm just sayin' 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #3,558 of 22,021

$80 over the iBasso price for  some accessories which cost them ~maybe~ $15?  (...and which mostly aren't needed.)

Short here for $9.95
Long here for $12.95

Cables are the highest mark-up items in electronics.  I used to work at Staples (hey,cut me some slack, new to area, needed something).  Store's cost on $49.95 'Premium' HDMI cable was $8.26.

smily_headphones1.gif

LOL you're absolutely right. I'm changing my post above. 

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #3,559 of 22,021

Short here for $9.95
Long here for $12.95

smily_headphones1.gif

Email the company selling the DX200 for a DX200 only price. Seems like that should be something that is offered. 

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #3,561 of 22,021

Short here for $9.95
Long here for $12.95

Not hatin' -- I'm just sayin' :)

That is why I like what iBasso did as a company in portable hifi market. When TOTL DAP prices is so expensive, here iBasso offering their flagship product with reasonable price tag with no compromise in quality that can match or even surpass other TOTL DAP that can cost a lot more. So far the DX200 feedback on Head-Fi forum or local forum is positive, especially the SQ.

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #3,562 of 22,021
Can't find an answer to this so far, but are you able to control the DX200 from your phone?

My ideal use would be the ability to stream Tidal while on the go through WiFi direct to my phone (S7 Edge) and also control playback from my phone. Looking to get this instead of the ridiculously priced Poly, from impressions here DX has better SQ than the Mojo as well.
No Roon for me, is it not possible though an MPD?

Roon would not work on the go, you need to be on the same network as your Roon core or Roon server. You could try an android to android remote, but I think these are buggy at the best of times, and may well not work. Otherwise you may need to keep your beautiful dx200 to hand and stick your phone in your pocket!
By the way, for those listening at home who have their music stored on a Synology NAS, I can confirm that the Synology DS Audio app seems to work perfectly, streaming FLAC up to 24/96. There are some pops when switching from Mango to DS Audio, and to my mind the Mango app sounds a little bit better (more detailed in particular), but there's not a lot in it, and it's great for access to all your music files on the dx200 rather than restricted tby the usd card storage limits. You can also search for music and album artist shows up in the artist group, so you can choose artist then album rather than having to use the directory or search by album. Both these things I personally find very useful on a DAP ui (iBasso take note...!)

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #3,563 of 22,021
Too true about the price, but I've never been one to eat my dessert last sort of person.  I'll be gorging on my dx200 quite happily. I did manage to hold off on the eBay one that showed up from South Korea for $1000 no extra cables 
atsmile.gif

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #3,565 of 22,021
Roon would not work on the go, you need to be on the same network as your Roon core or Roon server. You could try an android to android remote, but I think these are buggy at the best of times, and may well not work. Otherwise you may need to keep your beautiful dx200 to hand and stick your phone in your pocket!
By the way, for those listening at home who have their music stored on a Synology NAS, I can confirm that the Synology DS Audio app seems to work perfectly, streaming FLAC up to 24/96. There are some pops when switching from Mango to DS Audio, and to my mind the Mango app sounds a little bit better (more detailed in particular), but there's not a lot in it, and it's great for access to all your music files on the dx200 rather than restricted tby the usd card storage limits. You can also search for music and album artist shows up in the artist group, so you can choose artist then album rather than having to use the directory or search by album. Both these things I personally find very useful on a DAP ui (iBasso take note...!)

Thanks for the help! Do you happen to know if I'd be able to get online on the DX200 while on the go, connecting to my phone's 4G LTE through WiFi direct or something?

Jan 31, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #3,567 of 22,021
  No 848 on amazon? :/

I thought official MSRP price was $869.  Their official distributor on amazon has a bundled package with line out and optical cable and car charger, selling it for $949.  I like $869 number better, cool price, but what are you gonna do, that's the only choice, and first production batch was limited.

Btw, a few people asked me why initial production batches are limited.  Manufacturers do that on purpose to make sure there are no gross hardware/manufacturing issues.  If there is a problem, it's easier to handle when you are dealing with a small batch.  If everything looks good, the next production batch goes up.

Jan 31, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #3,568 of 22,021
Is fantastic to see Headfi user Windows X is already working on a custom firmware for iBasso DX200.
Let's help him guys and make this great music player one of the best out there.
Please join the forum and add your requests and features you will like to see in the new firmware:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/833971/ibasso-dx200-firmware-modification-project#post_13223025

Users who are viewing this thread

Back