DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 31, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #3,541 of 22,021
Want to make another public announcement
biggrin.gif

DO NOT use burn in cable to test your battery drain time.  It's intended to burn in circuits by loading your HO, simulating a driver/transducer, but it will drain the battery a lot faster, not like a real headphone.  Burn in cable is cool, since you can keep your dap on a burn in without worrying about loud music or dragging your headphones with you.  But if you want to test the battery life, use your favorite pair of headphones set at your typical listening level, that will yield a more realistic test result
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #3,543 of 22,021

Not quite sure what do you mean?  iBasso released dx200 a week or two before CNY, issued a quick update right before they went on holidays, and that's what I have right now.  @Paul - iBasso has been collecting a laundry list of our complaints
biggrin.gif
 so once SW guys are back from the holiday, they will address them in the next fw update.  I didn't find any show stoppers, enjoying the release as is, and looking forward to further enhancements and bug fixes.

stock fw or 1.2.44 or 1.3.6
redface.gif

As soon as I got mine, I updated to 1.3.6 right away.  There are a few known bugs with the original fw release, so why bother?
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #3,544 of 22,021

Although over priced, AK players do have a distinct house sound, their timbre sounds quite classy.

I'd be interested if you can give feedback how you hear a well mastered piano track between AK380 and DX200 in your final thoughts. 

I'll do Moonlight Sonata and Fur Elise...how's that? :)

Jan 31, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #3,545 of 22,021
  DX200 is finally on Amazon!!!! Available HERE. And they are offering it as a bundle of DX200 plus 3.5mm audio cables and Optical spdif cables, and usb charger.

Wow that's NOT a great price for all that. 

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #3,548 of 22,021
Ordered mine from Amazon.  Will compare against Sony WM1A and decide which one to keep.  I would love to  WM1A but DX200 just has so much more to offer.  I would sacrifice a little (only a little)  SQ for Parametric Equalizer and ability to use some Android Apps like Neutron, USB Player, etc.

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #3,549 of 22,021
Why does the EQ drop volume? I figure it helps to improve areas you want to adjust. 

The iBasso EQ is subtractive to provide more headroom for large amounts of EQ boost, primarily at the lower frequencies. This type of EQ reduces the likelihood of clipping at reasonable volume levels.

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #3,550 of 22,021
Is it possible to edit file names in folder view? For expample, if a track that is on my SD card is is misspelled, would I be able to correct the spelling using the dx200?

The stock players don't currently have this feature, but you can do this from the 'Explorer' app installed. You can 'rename' folders, files etc.

Jan 31, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #3,552 of 22,021
  I flashed the latest firmware using the batch tool but the hang problem during playback cannot be resolved, either in Mango or Android mode. I starting thinking that is a program bug on playing music, let's see if next version of firmware can resolve the problem.

Have you checked the music on your card for tagging issues? We have tried all types of files without issues. During testing we had 20 different DX200s under stress test and different types of musical files playing constantly. Have you tried different cards and music? If it is the DX200 I will also make sure that you are taken care of so we will get this worked out.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 31, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #3,553 of 22,021

+1 on the Play Store, I hope things come around and we can have the option.

@Paul - iBasso The official french distributor son-video list the DX200 has having the Play Store is that a mistake (probable) or would there be an international version with it?

That is a mistake. The DX200 does not support Play Store.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 31, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #3,554 of 22,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back