DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 31, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #3,571 of 22,021
You know, I haven't been able to find if I can search my library for a specific song? Has anyone found this or is it non existent?

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #3,572 of 22,021
  @twister6 is it hissing a lot with zeus ? 

On the same level as PAW Gold.  I mean, Zeus is very sensitive and hisses with majority of sources anyway.  I'm so used to it, just hit Play and carry on
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #3,573 of 22,021

On the same level as PAW Gold.  I mean, Zeus is very sensitive and hisses with majority of sources anyway.  I'm so used to it, just hit Play and carry on
biggrin.gif

thks, yep that's a big issue but these IEM are so great

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #3,574 of 22,021
I don't really enjoy comparing daps. So much back and forth and what I want to do is listen to music but here is what it has come down to between the Sony WM1A and the DX200 with over 300 hours on each. I would say the sound is more similar than not but the DX200 is more 3D. The Sony has a little flatter sound and a little closer to me whereas the DX200 pushes the imaging back more and this also gives it a rounder imaging, more air and space around the instrument or singer. Timbre is really good on both but the DX200 has more bell like quality. The notes ring in a slightly more realistic manner. 

Soundstage is good with either. One quality I noticed with the DX200 was the large soundstage disappeared after a short while out of the box and took quite a bit of burn-in to return but as it continued to have time on it, the soundstage opened up more and more and just got larger and more realistic. In comparison to the Sony the imaging and spatial presentation is more there with the DX200. When switching back and forth this is obvious but as I listen to the Sony it sounds fine, an extremely good dap but when going back to the DX200, I can hear the difference.

Bass impact, I don't know, good on both and I don't feel like getting into all the corners of the music but for me, the realistic and balanced sound of the DX200 really does it. I am using balanced for both daps and the same cable, a 4.4 I made up of Twau  and the 2.5 TRRS is as Twau, high gain on both. The headphones are the Utopia, which aren't hard to drive and for this mostly listening to Eric Clapton's, Unplugged. I also balanced the sound out with a digital sound level meter. Having said all this, I could live with either but also wonder what further amps will bring to the DX200. 

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #3,575 of 22,021
  I don't really enjoy comparing daps. So much back and forth and what I want to do is listen to music but here is what it has come down to between the Sony WM1A and the DX200 with over 300 hours on each. I would say the sound is more similar than not but the DX200 is more 3D. The Sony has a little flatter sound and a little closer to me whereas the DX200 pushes the imaging back more and this also gives it a rounder imaging, more air and space around the instrument or singer. Timbre is really good on both but the DX200 has more bell like quality. The notes ring in a slightly more realistic manner. 

Soundstage is good with either. One quality I noticed with the DX200 was the large soundstage disappeared after a short while out of the box and took quite a bit of burn-in to return but as it continued to have time on it, the soundstage opened up more and more and just got larger and more realistic. In comparison to the Sony the imaging and spatial presentation is more there with the DX200. When switching back and forth this is obvious but as I listen to the Sony it sounds fine, an extremely good dap but when going back to the DX200, I can hear the difference.

Bass impact, I don't know, good on both and I don't feel like getting into all the corners of the music but for me, the realistic and balanced sound of the DX200 really does it. I am using balanced for both daps and the same cable, a 4.4 I made up of Twau  and the 2.5 TRRS is as Twau, high gain on both. The headphones are the Utopia, which aren't hard to drive and for this mostly listening to Eric Clapton's, Unplugged. I also balanced the sound out with a digital sound level meter. Having said all this, I could live with either but also wonder what further amps will bring to the DX200. 

you might have just saved me 300 euros. Great comparison.

Though i have 1 question if you may. What about the mids ? the thickness/weight of the note.

Jan 31, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #3,576 of 22,021

This is exactly what I hear with DX200 compared to LPG and DP-X1. The width, depth and height clearly defined. It's easier to tell whether an element in the sound is in front, back, up or down from another. With LPG and DP-X1A, I can hear the same detail but the placement of each element is noticeably different in that it's difficult to tell. I have to listen hard to perceive the location. both seem to have shallower stage compared to DX200.

The timbre and details in bass in DX200 has more resolution. LPG and DP-X1A seems to lack a little bit of this resolution. Using NT-6 and AKT8ieMKII. The difference is more pronounced with NT-6 than T8ie, but otherwise the difference I hear is similar.

Jan 31, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #3,577 of 22,021
Have you checked the music on your card for tagging issues? We have tried all types of files without issues. During testing we had 20 different DX200s under stress test and different types of musical files playing constantly. Have you tried different cards and music? If it is the DX200 I will also make sure that you are taken care of so we will get this worked out.

Forgot to mention, i put many flac into my sd card and clear the internal memory musics after wipe the device, btw i will try to modify / remove tagging on the music file. I think the problem is playing some of my music file and error occured. Anything I can test with the hang issue?

Jan 31, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #3,578 of 22,021
After some research, now I've found how to Remote Control iBasso DX200 from Another Android Device.

It's a bit overkill but so far this is the only easy and practical approach I could find. 

Process is simple. Get TeamViewer Host APK by any method you prefer then install and run it on your DX200. If you do not know how, please see below.

Note: This method can be used to install any app to any Android device without PlayStore. Do not forget to enable "Unknown sources" installation in Settings.

1. Right click the following link and choose "Copy Link Address" -- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.host.market&hl=en -- then go to https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/ 

2. Paste the above link then click "Generate Download Link". Wait a few second another green button (Click here to download com.teamviewer.host.market now) will popup. Click it. Now you get your APK

3. Connect your DX200 to your PC / MAC. Make sure it is in File Transfer Mode. Copy APK to DX200 (Internal / SD card doesn't matter)

4. On DX200 - Android mode, open Explorer app, browse to wherever you put your APK. 

5. Open it, install, run it. Make sure you connect to internet, it will download necessary plug-in then you are good to go. 

PS. Needless to say, you need to have TeamViewer app and registered account (free) in order to control unattended devices.

Feb 1, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #3,583 of 22,021
LOL that? Well first I'd say that the guys have an issue with his unit that many of us don't have. Notwithstanding that we don't know what else is going on with the unit. What fw is on it or are his hands even clean? You know what I mean. 

OK...so this guy...has a bit of lag...not even a LOT of lag...and he posts a vid on youtube...

That becomes the defining issue? When there are tons of us on here carefully comparing, reviewing, and posting our findings on the thing. That one video has you convinced that the software sucks, the fw is buggy and the company is bad for putting out updates?

I had extreme and severe lag, and after troubleshooting with Paul, we came to the conclusion that my device is defective and it's been returned for exchange. It's obviously an isolated issue.

Feb 1, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #3,585 of 22,021
just received the dx200.
sq in the same league as ak380, paw gold, qp1r, wm1a/z, tera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back