DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 29, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #3,376 of 22,021
So DX200 is running on android 6.0.1 and is a good thing application such as Spotify, YouTube,Tidal,MX Player etc can run, is always good to have extra options.
But from my understanding so far DX200 will not be upgraded to android 7.1.1 the latest,but it will have constant firmware updates to fix the bugs and and fluidity to the system and bring new features out.
So the point is: if the android doesn't get updated too,the mentioned applications will slow down, crash or even stop working in couple of years, right?
This happens more or less with my older phone that is not included anymore on the update list.
Maybe we can have Rockbox also,but that will downsample the music to 44.1 khz.

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #3,377 of 22,021
So the point is: if the android doesn't get updated too,the mentioned applications will slow down, crash or even stop working in couple of years, right?
Wrong :) I'm writing this from a tablet still running Android 4.4 (Lenovo Yoga Tab 2) and I don't experience any problems, unlike those who upgraded to 5.x.

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #3,378 of 22,021
Wrong :) I'm writing this from a tablet still running Android 4.4 (Lenovo Yoga Tab 2) and I don't experience any problems, unlike those who upgraded to 5.x.

My phone is LG Flex and I am on android 4.4 and I can definitely see things slowing down compared to 2 years ago,and I have the developer options on and I already adjusted evething to make it faster.

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #3,379 of 22,021
My phone is LG Flex and I am on android 4.4 and I can definitely see things slowing down compared to 2 years ago,and I have the developer options on and I already adjusted evething to make it faster.

The Android firmware DX200 is running will be fine for years to come, my Galaxy S3 still gets around pretty well. By the time what you mentioned occurs we'll probably be talking about DX400.

Don't be concerned too much.

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #3,380 of 22,021

Try some good chinese phone. Xiaomi, meizu, huawei, zte.

I think all phone nowadays become last longer than before. Think this is good time to upgrade your phone also.

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #3,381 of 22,021
To be fair, we might miss out on future emoji updates, if that's your concern I completely understand. :p

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #3,382 of 22,021
To be fair, we might miss out on future emoji updates, if that's your concern I completely understand. :p

Ha ha funny :grin: don't use them much anyway.As for my phone has everything i want : FM radio, infrared remote control,long battery life,great OLED screen even if only 720p,4 K video recording and brilliant build quality.

Jan 29, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #3,383 of 22,021
With only music apps we are mostly concerned about it should not be a problem not having the latest Android OS. Newer OS tend to have more bugs and requires the latest and powerful hardware. Older OS is more stable since they are around and tested many times.

Jan 29, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #3,384 of 22,021
  Here's a video I've just made, with firmware 1.3.60. At 0:30. One can see what I call the "bufered gesture crazyness". It's very ennoying to say the least ... 

Thank you bro!

I did a side by side of the Cayin i5 and my Note 4 with a PHA-3 on it's back and the i5 was exactly the same.
1 gig of memory with too much going on is gonna bring the lag. Next step (since the dac quality is excellent and they are often dual) is a 2 gig ram unit.

I am going to get my hands on one of these and do a vid as well

Jan 29, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #3,385 of 22,021
34226317661c8d708a41f4582fc64099.jpg

ifi Micro iDSD BL, iBasso DX200 SPDIF and Campfire Audio Nova.

Mixing and matching whilst the weekend is on.

Jan 29, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #3,386 of 22,021

Thank you bro!

I did a side by side of the Cayin i5 and my Note 4 with a PHA-3 on it's back and the i5 was exactly the same.
1 gig of memory with too much going on is gonna bring the lag. Next step (since the dac quality is excellent and they are often dual) is a 2 gig ram unit.

I am going to get my hands on one of these and do a vid as well

What's the 'too much going on" I don't see much going on at all other than him trying to go back and forth screens, this is quite disappointing on a device that costs more than top of the line phones. I have now got a 300R and I have had no issues with performance.

Jan 29, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #3,387 of 22,021
Well. There might be issues yes. Its not sony or have the same resources but in terms of SQ and support i dont think you have a match. Specially support.

I remember i had some issue with the screen on the DX90 and paul sent me a replacement right away. It was promt and hassle free. 1 email and done.

The dx90 is still going strong. Just swap a new battery and ready to go.

And the DX200 has the same benifits but much better SQ from what i hear and read.

Those things might not be important for some but for sure they are for me. A device to match the TOTL daps in SQ at this price and then the great support and the life of the product, i dont ask for more.

I dont want my dap to be like a iphone that i need to change every year. I want that same thing to go on for years. Like the DX90 has.

If every manufacturer keeps on increasing the prices and lowering the life duration of the products. Then a consumer like me wont even buy a dap. But due to comapnies like Ibasso exists it is possible for someone like me to invest that huge ( for me ) amount on a music player.

So yes you will have some issues. But they are doing there best. You can always buy an 1Z or the 380 if money is no issue. The market has products suited for every need.

But i hope Ibasso to continue doing what they are doing. You will always have loyal customers to support you.

Jan 29, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #3,388 of 22,021

What's the 'too much going on" I don't see much going on at all other than him trying to go back and forth screens, this is quite disappointing on a device that costs more than top of the line phones. I have now got a 300R and I have had no issues with performance.

The member has explained earlier it occurred after updating and is an isolated case with his unit only.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/791531/dx200-details-features-and-specifications-1st-page-with-wifi-and-bluetooth-interchangeable-amps/3330#post_13214990

I can't speak for how DX200 will peform when put under strain of today's smartphones with 3GB RAM etc but no other reports have been declared.

if it were the case this thread would be far less relaxed atm.

My DX200 has been upgraded with FW 1.3.6, the factory reset after that .... yet I can't get read of the laggy interface both in android and pure mode ... it's just not useable for 10 to 15 mins, where the GUI is not responding, then buttons stars clicking and swipping without me touching anything (like if all my previous gestures were buffered) ... Are they other users facing the same issue? I'll look for the previous 10 pages (been offline for a while) for a workaround or fix, otherwise I'll have to consider my unit as defect :frowning2:

Jan 29, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #3,389 of 22,021

I am pretty much a droid based user. Main unit is Note 4 with PHA-3.   I have a DAP with a droid system but very stripped down and it is fast. The X7 was a tad laggy and the i5 was as well. Those 2 devices were a bit more than stripped down with proprietary music players/modes and thus had essentially 2 modes they could be used in. I'm not interested in quoting or discussing anything with anyone who is defensive over plastic and metal.
Enjoy.
I have been interested in android based music systems before Cayin or iBasso even had one. I was curious about this device. The dude with the vid appears to be an owner and is noting an issue shared with the i5. Both high quality dual dac systems with 1 gig of ram. Performance issues are ram related. Who cares?
Plenty of i5 owners and some DX200 owners. I'm just following along and hoping to get a listen soon.

The member has explained earlier it occurred after updating and is an isolated case with his unit only.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/791531/dx200-details-features-and-specifications-1st-page-with-wifi-and-bluetooth-interchangeable-amps/3330#post_13214990

I can't speak for how DX200 will peform when put under strain of today's smartphones with 3GB RAM etc but no other reports have been declared.

if it were the case this thread would be far less relaxed atm.

True that.

Hoping to get a listen soon. Love the tiled screen and overall visual of the unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back