DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 24, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #3,016 of 22,021
As mentioned, the unit also becomes quite warm, around the backplate and side plates after 20+ minutes playing, maybe to a point some may feel concerned. Considering the other reports I'm assuming it's normal.

When playing balanced and higher resolution files the DX200 uses a lot of current. It will get warmer but this is normal.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 24, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #3,018 of 22,021
I felt similar within the first 2-minutes with 2.2 then moved onto Ref.1 which I think will stay at this stage with DX200.

I still want to but more hours on before saying anything solid (only done 3-4). But that person asking for a AK300 comparsion, I'll say right now with full confidence DX200 got that covered. O_O

My thoughts exactly. I'm going to give the 1Plus2's another good shot tonight. I was also able to keep the AK380 for another week...so that comparison is going to be next I think. From my initial impression, I will say that the AK flagship is in for some ridiculously stiff competition now. 

Bravo iBasso, Bravo.

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #3,019 of 22,021
As mentioned, the unit also becomes quite warm, around the backplate and side plates after 20+ minutes playing, maybe to a point some may feel concerned. Considering the other reports I'm assuming it's normal.

Yes I would think so too. When playing and charging it becomes warm but nothing drastic. I mean...the DX100 could become downright HOT at times lol. I don't think this is anything to worry about...

(hmmm isn't that what Samsung said...? lol)

wink_face.gif

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #3,020 of 22,021

My thoughts exactly. I'm going to give the 1Plus2's another good shot tonight. I was also able to keep the AK380 for another week...so that comparison is going to be next I think. From my initial impression, I will say that the AK flagship is in for some ridiculously stiff competition now. 

Bravo iBasso, Bravo.

why not share what was wrong with the synergy between dx200 and 1plus2

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #3,021 of 22,021
Jan 24, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #3,022 of 22,021
Yes I would think so too. When playing and charging it becomes warm but nothing drastic. I mean...the DX100 could become downright HOT at times lol. I don't think this is anything to worry about...

(hmmm isn't that what Samsung said...? lol)

:wink_face:

Good for the player, brings new meaning to 'burning it in'.

But seriously I think coming up to optimal running temperature isn't necessarly a bad thing at all, kind of like a car does (and especially during the break in period) which I'll touch on my experience in coming days. Very interesting observations over the first few hours already.

Jan 24, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #3,023 of 22,021
  why not share what was wrong with the synergy between dx200 and 1plus2

Well for me...there wasn't a wow factor. Definitely not the initial wow factor with the AK380, which sounded great with the 1Plus2's out of the box. 

Initially, the lows were just...bass..nothing special. The highs (think Freddy Mercury's voice and the a cappella portion of the Bohemian Rhapsody) weren't engaging at all. It was almost like listening to a variable bit recording for lack of better words. The mids were there, but again...meh...

After a few runs of the song, with exactly 2-minute breaks in between, the sound started to improve. Thinking this was just my brain becoming acclimated to the 1Plus2's, I popped them into the DX100 briefly. The difference was unreal. On the DX100 and the AK380 they sounded amazing. I figured that I could switch to the other unit running a song of a different genre for the two minutes then go back. Which is what I did.

That being said, the 1Plus2's are getting another shot tonight.

Jan 24, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #3,024 of 22,021

Well for me...there wasn't a wow factor. Definitely not the initial wow factor with the AK380, which sounded great with the 1Plus2's out of the box. 

Initially, the lows were just...bass..nothing special. The highs (think Freddy Mercury's voice and the a cappella portion of the Bohemian Rhapsody) weren't engaging at all. It was almost like listening to a variable bit recording for lack of better words. The mids were there, but again...meh...

After a few runs of the song, with exactly 2-minute breaks in between, the sound started to improve. Thinking this was just my brain becoming acclimated to the 1Plus2's, I popped them into the DX100 briefly. The difference was unreal. On the DX100 and the AK380 they sounded amazing. I figured that I could switch to the other unit running a song of a different genre for the two minutes then go back. Which is what I did.

That being said, the 1Plus2's are getting another shot tonight.

with all the daps i owned, the ak380 is king of mids and highs and sound stage no doubt, i really miss the mids in ak380 it was simply amazing on all iems i had.

I am thinking about sabre alot in daps and i am very cautious about buying anything that has sabre in it, but I still want to give dx200 the benefit of doubt and how they implemented the sabre dac 

my current experience with sabre is not very favourable wether with fiio x7 or lg v20, but again its all about implementation so i guess I will buy the dx200 in hopes that it will not sound like fiio x7 or lg v20 at all,

in general i  feel sabre dac can be piercing and non musical, and with some passages its just painful to listen to using that dac

i really hope once i buy the dx 200 that this will not be the case, wish i could audition but where i live i can not

Jan 24, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #3,025 of 22,021
  with all the daps i owned, the ak380 is king of mids and highs and sound stage no doubt, i really miss the mids in ak380 it was simply amazing on all iems i had.

I am thinking about sabre alot in daps and i am very cautious about buying anything that has sabre in it, but I still want to give dx200 the benefit of doubt and how they implemented the sabre dac 

my current experience with sabre is not very favourable wether with fiio x7 or lg v20, but again its all about implementation so i guess I will buy the dx200 in hopes that it will not sound like fiio x7 or lg v20 at all,

in general i  feel sabre dac can be piercing and non musical, and with some passages its just painful to listen to using that dac

i really hope once i buy the dx 200 that this will not be the case, wish i could audition but where i live i can not

I'm not the AK380's biggest fan. I admit that...but also admit it rules the roost with mids and highs. The soundstage though...wait until you hear this...just saying....

I don't have the fiio 7 but I know someone on here does and will do a comparison. I'm focused on comparing the 380 to the 200 and I already know that the so-called king of DAP's now has a challenger to the throne. 

Personally, if you love the 380...you're going to love the 200...without a doubt. Where are you from? If you're in the NYC area we can meet up and I'll let you hear mine.

Jan 24, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #3,026 of 22,021

I'm not the AK380's biggest fan. I admit that...but also admit it rules the roost with mids and highs. The soundstage though...wait until you hear this...just saying....

I don't have the fiio 7 but I know someone on here does and will do a comparison. I'm focused on comparing the 380 to the 200 and I already know that the so-called king of DAP's now has a challenger to the throne. 

Personally, if you love the 380...you're going to love the 200...without a doubt. Where are you from? If you're in the NYC area we can meet up and I'll let you hear mine.

Wait until you hear many more hours on the DX200. Are you using the DX200 in balanced or singled ended mode?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 24, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #3,027 of 22,021
I'll test out my fast charger for the Mate 8 (9V, 2A), and I'll check the heat factor.

I bet it will help faster charging, I'd like to know though what's the max input?

Ah and I'll post pics along with DP-X1

Jan 24, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #3,028 of 22,021

I'm in nyc. I would like to hear it against the wm1a :) and another sabre inplementation

Jan 24, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #3,030 of 22,021
  Wait until you hear many more hours on the DX200. Are you using the DX200 in balanced or singled ended mode?

I was using the 1Plus2's with a balanced cable. Today I'm going to use both the balanced and the SE. Which do you recommend more Paul?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back