DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 23, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #2,941 of 22,021
Just got my DX200 at 8:30PM NYC time. WOW...talk about beautifully made. Here's the unboxing:

First and foremost, as I said before the build quality is superb. The amp module is fitted flawlessly and the unit has a great heft in the hand. Those are my 1Plus2's with the balanced silver cable done by Teds Headphone Lounge. Off the bat one can feel just the right amount of heft in the unit. MUCH better feeling in the hand than the good old DX100 (which is like carrying around  hot brick...lol). 

I've loaded a 128GB card to start and will be timing the read time on that. All of the 119GB of music on that card are hi quality flac files, so the read time is of interest to me. I will begin playing with the settings then move on to listening to:

1. Kronos Quartet - Pieces of Africa
2. Ernst Reijseger - Requiem for  a Dying Planet
3. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
4. Allman Brothers - Melissa / Jessica
5. AC/DC - It's a Long Way to the Top (if you want to rock and roll) / Back in Black
6. Wagners - Descent into Nibelheim
7. Rage Against the Machine - Take the Power Back
8. Dire Straights - Money for Nothing
9. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon / The Wall
10. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody 

I typically prefer High Gain, and moderate volume. 

This is my "go to" testing playlist...we'll see how that goes then proceed from there. 

Let the testing begin!

Steve from NYC

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #2,942 of 22,021
So the DX200 must have lots of power in the balance mode.Have anyone tried full size headphones, Planar magnetic? Really excited about this player, especially that I owned DX100 not long after been released.

tried HD800, and DX200 has plenty of headroom. More than Hugo for sure.

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #2,943 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso, not sure if I just missed it, but it would be great if the default player in DX200 (both in Android and Mango) can read network storage and DLNA servers. This will augment the storage limitations of having a single microSD card.

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #2,944 of 22,021
Paul may i know what is the OPsamp used in the default module?

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #2,945 of 22,021
  @Paul - iBasso, not sure if I just missed it, but it would be great if the default player in DX200 (both in Android and Mango) can read network storage and DLNA servers. This will augment the storage limitations of having a single microSD card.

I don't know if they can do that or not. I have added it to a list to ask when the software team returns from the holiday in 10 days.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 23, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #2,946 of 22,021
  As I get further along with the burn-in process of the DX200 it continues to be more refined. In balanced mode now to the balanced mode of the Sony 1A, the DX200 has better bass and a quality where the bass is articulated with more definition. If the notes of the bass are varied, you can clearly hear it on the 200 and on the 1A but not as well on the 1A. Also the imaging of the DX200 is a little more precise. Crowd sounds are more resolved and layering is extremely good. When recorded well, both players present a nice open sound field stretching out before you. I am using the Utopia for a lot of this with Twau cable for both the 2.5 and 4.4 balanced plugs. 

bro can u compare with HM901S with balanced card

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #2,947 of 22,021
Hi all,

Just got my DX200 delivered
biggrin.gif

All I can say for now is packaging and build quality are pretty good!

I have one question for people who have received their DX200 units already -

My volume wheel does not have a consistent resistance level. Meaning every 6 - 8 volume blocks it goes from smooth rolling to higher resistance rolling and 6 - 8 clicks later back to smooth operation again. I know it does not "feel right" but I would like to ask you first as this might be the case with everyone.

Thanks a lot!
George

The wheel has even indents. If you are getting a smooth operation and then indents the wheel needs to be moved on the post that comes out of the case. The 2 screws on the black bar are Allen heads in metric. A lot of people don't have a metric but a number 6 torx will work. You can unscrew to two side screws. The three buttons on the side and the power button on the top will come off with the black piece. They will come out but are easy to put back into place. You can then lift the volume wheel up and reposition it. The top button and the side buttons are set into the side piece. With the top of the DX200 pointed down you can slip the side piece back into place and replace the screws.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 23, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #2,948 of 22,021
I received my DX200 today and updated successfully to the latest firmware. Prior to loading any music, I tried to install Tidal by creating a bookmark of the website and adding the bookmark to the homepage. Unfortunately I have not yet been successful in getting Tidal to function and when I tried to remove the bookmark, I discovered that unlike all Android systems that I have used, holding an app or bookmark and dragging it to the top of the page and dropping it on the small trash can that appears doesn't work ....no trash can appears. Even though I deleted the bookmark from the browser, it still remained on the homescreen.

The only way I found to remove the bookmark from the homescreen was to do a factory reset. Rather a drastic way to remove an unneeded bookmark or app, IMO. It appears to me as if the Android OS installed in the DX200 is missing a means of removing unwanted apps and bookmarks from the homescreens.

If I am overlooking something, I would much appreciate any enlightenment! Perhaps Paul can weigh in on this?????

I would also very much appreciate the most straightforward to install Tidal onto the DX200. Not having Play Store makes things difficult.

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #2,950 of 22,021
Hi Paul, 

The unit isn't asking me if iI want to scan the SanDisc microSD card when I insert it? Has this come up for anyone else?

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #2,951 of 22,021
  Hi Paul, 

The unit isn't asking me if iI want to scan the SanDisc microSD card when I insert it? Has this come up for anyone else?

Did you update to the latest FW? I didn't notice this until I updated the FW. 

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #2,952 of 22,021
Hi guys,
I am really interested in buying this DAP and currently in US. Is there a link that I can buy this beautiful DAP? I was on the ibasso website and saw the price listed as $9xxx, what currency is it in?

Thank you in advance. 

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #2,953 of 22,021
Hi guys,
I am really interested in buying this DAP and currently in US. Is there a link that I can buy this beautiful DAP? I was on the ibasso website and saw the price listed as $9xxx, what currency is it in?

Thank you in advance. 

That price is only listed due to the fact that the DX200 is out of stock until after CNY. The price is actually quoted in USD.

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #2,954 of 22,021
I would also very much appreciate the most straightforward to install Tidal onto the DX200. Not having Play Store makes things difficult.

Never tried by myself, but it could be APK Extractor, which extracts APK files on a source device (with PlayMarket) and then you can send them via Bluetooth. There are a few apps with the name "apk extractor" in the Play Market.

SHAREit is more friendly, uses WiFi and allows to exchange not only APK files, but there is a problem of the first step: to install SHAREit itself.

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #2,955 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso
, not sure if I just missed it, but it would be great if the default player in DX200 (both in Android and Mango) can read network storage and DLNA servers. This will augment the storage limitations of having a single microSD card.

I support this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back