DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 24, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #2,958 of 22,021
Jan 24, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #2,959 of 22,021
Last night I updated the FW to 1.3.60 on Android, but when I go back to Mango and check the version, it still shows 1.6.2, which has not change as from my memory. Is this normal? Which means the Mango and the Android are basically two different systems, updating one would not affect the other?

Jan 24, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #2,960 of 22,021
  Last night I updated the FW to 1.3.60 on Android, but when I go back to Mango and check the version, it still shows 1.6.2, which has not change as from my memory. Is this normal? Which means the Mango and the Android are basically two different systems, updating one would not affect the other?

same to me. but it does add clock in mango OS so I think they just forget to write code to update FW number in Mango.

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #2,961 of 22,021
Jan 24, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #2,963 of 22,021
  Are you talking about inserting a flash drive into DX200 USB slot and the player can player music from it? Or DX200 act as a mass storage device when connected to a PC/Mac?

Inserting a flash drive to USB slot.

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #2,966 of 22,021
  why dont take advantage of using other well-established full-featured players in andriod?

it's strange you keep asking for the stock player to do everything

Third party app now cannot provide native sampling rate. If you install neutron or hiby, it will say it resample to 44.1 kHz.

It make Hires and DSD songs not have fully benefits. Now stock player is the most top notch SQ compare to other third party app even the library management is not friendly.

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #2,967 of 22,021

Third party app now cannot provide native sampling rate. If you install neutron or hiby, it will say it resample to 44.1 kHz.

It make Hires and DSD songs not have fully benefits. Now stock player is the most top notch SQ compare to other third party app even the library management is not friendly.

This too. Think about it the stock music player was developed to take full advantage of the hardware. While 3rd party players are developed to be compatible with different hardware as possible. 

It's common to all Android based DAPs. 

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #2,968 of 22,021
My DX200 has arrived. I won't talk about the sound at this stage but there are things I can mention.

Completely thrilled with the packaging box presentation, I don't think its mentioned enough, the outer coating on the box almost feels like light felt, its amazingly prepared giving the feeling of a classy product, makes Astell & Kern packaging box seem lame in comparison, super super awesome. Areas like the build quality of DX200 are wonderful, not faults to be seen. a screen protector pre-installed (awesome). From watching the making unfold start to finish I do wonder whether DX200's thickness is a little generous for 2016, but when you compare to the thickness of Sony's new Walkman its nothing to complain about, overall the design has come off as premium.  

I'm impressed with the snappy UI, sense no lag yet browsing by folder view, quick movements, screen slides, actions Tthe screen resolution album art image is crisp, clear, colorful with pop. There are a couple of things I'd like such as being able to change volume by scrolling onscreen when the mango players volume is active (like an AK player does), at this stage it appears you must use the mechanical wheel when in mango and I'd like to ease its long term usage, when the screen is locked however a volume icon is showing. Another thing I feel needs changing is the block icon showing the now playing position, its too big giving the appearance of an Atari game. but its not a biggie concern.
Keep in mind I've only played with DX200 about 3-hours total, I won't say much about the sound as its too soon.

What I will say is... the 1Plus2.2 on first try might not be what I'm looking for (will try after some hours) but my Tralucent Ref.1 seems more than at home. 
wink.gif

(will post photos tomorrow as its dark here now, light is minimal) 

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #2,969 of 22,021

Poweramp (alpha built) seems working well without downsampling to 44.1

Also we can change the look of lockscreen with Poweramp too. But I'm not sure if the app utilize full potential of DX200 or not

Jan 24, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #2,970 of 22,021
Poweramp (alpha built) seems working well without downsampling to 44.1

Also we can change the look of lockscreen with Poweramp too. But I'm not sure if the app utilize full potential of DX200 or not

It only displays what it reads as the native sampling rate of the file. If you enable SRC, can you check if you have options > 48Khz that is active and can be selected?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back