DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 22, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #2,836 of 22,021
Hi all, I received today my DX200, who is coming to hopefully replace my old good and beloved DX90. I'm a Mac user, and this is my very first Android device. Not being elitist here, but I've never ever used or owned any Android device ...
Yet the beast is puzzling me!
- my touchscreen has a completely erratic behavior, making it pretty much unusable. It seems that my tactile commands are buffered, I mean that I would swipe/press several times but nothing would happen, then all of a sudden the device would start changing screens alone without me touching anything. Is it fixed by a new firmware (mine is 1.2.44)?
- how can I mount it so that when connected with USB on my macbook air, I can see the internal and external memory as OSX drives and copy music using Finder?
- is there any possibility to open network drives (SMB, NFS, ...) so I can stream from my NAS?
- Is there any app that would allow me to use the device with DLNA, roon, squeezelite protocols/systems?
- can we install new apps for streaming services such as Qobuzz, Tidal?

I've been looking for a user guide but couldn't find anything. I hope I can get some answers to be able to actually use that beautiful beast :)

I will answer on third question from bottom. I suggest to use neutron music player which you could buy from neutronmp.com to stream from NAS. However it will resample to 44.1kHz. And yes you can install Tidal Qobuzz and any other app.

Jan 22, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #2,837 of 22,021
1b5cbcdad734bd3d29200cfb50a7cf28.jpg

DX200 with Campfire Audio Andromeda and ALO Reference 8 cable balanced out.

Filter 4 (default).

Mango player.

Burn in of approx 40 hours.

Using it in my commute, shuffle mode.

Early days,... loving the clarity and resolution.

More to come as I familiarize myself with it more.

With Andro, do you hear hissing from balanced output?

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #2,839 of 22,021
iBasso site now shows 'out of stock'. Congrats to iBasso and all who scored early!

Also, price now shows as $9869 -- typo? Prepping to bump $100? Just an anomaly?

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #2,842 of 22,021
  New FW is ready for download on our site: 1.3.60

Improvements with this firmware:
1. DoP output function added to SPDIF port.
2. Added battery percentage to notification bar.
3. Added clock on Mango OS.
3. Improved physical buttons compatibility for third party player APPs.

I found one bug so far, when using Spotify the physical buttons are swapping between NEXT and PREVIOUS. Simply speak, I click previous, it goes to next track.

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #2,843 of 22,021
How does it compare with your Opus#1?

Well, its too early to make comparisons to be honest.

I have only had it three days and to do any major sharing of impressions or comparisons would be inaccurate and possibly irresponsible.

But,... I do hear and understand peoples need for information.
All in due time.

:)

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #2,844 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso

I have two questions / comments :

• Theoretically I could update FW without a computer. I managed to download the FW via wifi but then it is impossible to move it to the SD card from the player with the explorer, or even with ES Explorer. Is that normal?
  • In the new FW, will the issue of the artist display be solved?

Thank you 

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #2,845 of 22,021
  @Paul - iBasso

I have two questions / comments :

• Theoretically I could update FW without a computer. I managed to download the FW via wifi but then it is impossible to move it to the SD card from the player with the explorer, or even with ES Explorer. Is that normal?
  • In the new FW, will the issue of the artist display be solved?

Thank you 

1. I don't know as I haven't tried that and they guys that do the software are gone now. CNY

2. I am not sure what you mean.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 22, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #2,846 of 22,021
  I had it in my cart and removed it quickly, indeed the price went very high 9869USD !

Yes we wanted some extra money before the holiday.
smile.gif
One of the guys put the dollar figure in because the DX200 are out of stock and also we are closed for the Chinese New Year and orders would just sit there.

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #2,848 of 22,021

Under Artist it shows the name of the artist and you touch the artist and then it takes you to the next screen that shows you the albums associated with the artist not the number of albums.

Jan 22, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #2,850 of 22,021
  My issue is that the names are all cut off.

Ok I see that. We would need to either make it can be dragged over to see more or more lines allotted per album. I will make a note for the software team for when they return from the CNY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back