DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 22, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #2,821 of 22,021
  Hi all, I received today my DX200, who is coming to hopefully replace my old good and beloved DX90. I'm a Mac user, and this is my very first Android device. Not being elitist here, but I've never ever used or owned any Android device ...
Yet the beast is puzzling me!
- my touchscreen has a completely erratic behavior, making it pretty much unusable. It seems that my tactile commands are buffered, I mean that I would swipe/press several times but nothing would happen, then all of a sudden the device would start changing screens alone without me touching anything. Is it fixed by a new firmware (mine is 1.2.44)?
- how can I mount it so that when connected with USB on my macbook air, I can see the internal and external memory as OSX drives and copy music using Finder?
- is there any possibility to open network drives (SMB, NFS, ...) so I can stream from my NAS?
- Is there any app that would allow me to use the device with DLNA, roon, squeezelite protocols/systems?
- can we install new apps for streaming services such as Qobuzz, Tidal?

I've been looking for a user guide but couldn't find anything. I hope I can get some answers to be able to actually use that beautiful beast :)

We will are uploading a new FW that should eliminate the problem if it doesn't please email me at paul@ibasso.com. The new FW will also add some features.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 22, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #2,822 of 22,021
  Hi all, I received today my DX200, who is coming to hopefully replace my old good and beloved DX90. I'm a Mac user, and this is my very first Android device. Not being elitist here, but I've never ever used or owned any Android device ...
Yet the beast is puzzling me!
- my touchscreen has a completely erratic behavior, making it pretty much unusable. It seems that my tactile commands are buffered, I mean that I would swipe/press several times but nothing would happen, then all of a sudden the device would start changing screens alone without me touching anything. Is it fixed by a new firmware (mine is 1.2.44)?
- how can I mount it so that when connected with USB on my macbook air, I can see the internal and external memory as OSX drives and copy music using Finder?
- is there any possibility to open network drives (SMB, NFS, ...) so I can stream from my NAS?
- Is there any app that would allow me to use the device with DLNA, roon, squeezelite protocols/systems?
- can we install new apps for streaming services such as Qobuzz, Tidal?

I've been looking for a user guide but couldn't find anything. I hope I can get some answers to be able to actually use that beautiful beast :)

We will are uploading a new FW that should eliminate the problem if it doesn't please email me at paul@ibasso.com. The new FW will also add some features.

Jan 22, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #2,823 of 22,021
New FW is ready for download on our site: 1.3.60

Improvements with this firmware:
1. DoP output function added to SPDIF port.
2. Added battery percentage to notification bar.
3. Added clock on Mango OS.
3. Improved physical buttons compatibility for third party player APPs.

Jan 22, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #2,824 of 22,021

3. Improved physical buttons compatibility for third party player APPs.

Thank you and amazing job.Bringing all the updates so quickly and make this music player better and with more features.

Jan 22, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #2,825 of 22,021

4. Improved physical buttons compatibility for third party player APPs.

Thank you and amazing job. Bringing all the updates so quickly and make this music player better and with more features.

What's more impressive, majority of manufacturers are already off, starting a vacation week to celebrate CNY, while iBasso is still working till the last minute on fw updates!

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #2,827 of 22,021
I updated to the latest FW. With the DX200 settling in and the sound having opened up really well I thought that was about it though I want more time burning it in. But with this new FW I notice even more low and controlled bass and highs that are sweeter and extended. Nice audience sound, retrieval of details. I assume with the really low noise floor, the low level detail ability of this dap, things just don't escape being heard that are recorded. I am listening to the Allman brothers band, An evening with the Allman Brothers, using the Utopia, aftermarket cable, yada, yada. Wonderful dynamics, layering and speed. I like Neil Young, Dreamin' man live a lot also and in that I hear even more sounds I haven't heard before. 

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #2,828 of 22,021
Jan 22, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #2,829 of 22,021
  I updated to the latest FW. With the DX200 settling in and the sound having opened up really well I thought that was about it though I want more time burning it in. But with this new FW I notice even more low and controlled bass and highs that are sweeter and extended. Nice audience sound, retrieval of details. I assume with the really low noise floor, the low level detail ability of this dap, things just don't escape being heard that are recorded. I am listening to the Allman brothers band, An evening with the Allman Brothers, using the Utopia, aftermarket cable, yada, yada. Wonderful dynamics, layering and speed. I like Neil Young, Dreamin' man live a lot also and in that I hear even more sounds I haven't heard before. 

Hi, is it possible to go back to previous firmware just in case I don't like the changes they made in sounding in new firmware? 

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #2,830 of 22,021
  Hi, is it possible to go back to previous firmware just in case I don't like the changes they made in sounding in new firmware? 

I would think so. You just put it on a card and update the same as to the current FW. I have never seen ibasso lock out the ability to go back and forth. 

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #2,833 of 22,021
  Looks like English DX200 Manual is already on-line: http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/20170123/201701230405436442.pdf

Thanks, exactly what I need to wait for mine to be delivered :)

Edit : 

Not familiar with iBasso products, will be my first one, never heard of a burn-in cable.
Stupid question : is there any difference with burning in with an actual IEM / heaphone ?

Balanced Burn-in cable:
Plug the burn-in cable into the BAL out socket, and keep playing music to burn-in the DX200. The burn-in process helps the DX200's sound reach its full potential by forming the capacitors and stabilizing the electronic components used. 

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #2,834 of 22,021
1b5cbcdad734bd3d29200cfb50a7cf28.jpg

DX200 with Campfire Audio Andromeda and ALO Reference 8 cable balanced out.

Filter 4 (default).

Mango player.

Burn in of approx 40 hours.

Using it in my commute, shuffle mode.

Early days,... loving the clarity and resolution.

More to come as I familiarize myself with it more.

Jan 22, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #2,835 of 22,021
1b5cbcdad734bd3d29200cfb50a7cf28.jpg

DX200 with Campfire Audio Andromeda and ALO Reference 8 cable balanced out.

Filter 4 (default).

Mango player.

Burn in of approx 40 hours.

Using it in my commute, shuffle mode.

Early days,... loving the clarity and resolution.

More to come as I familiarize myself with it more.

Can it outclass your Opus 2 yet ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back