DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 15, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #2,464 of 22,021
DX200 2.5mm balanced output is rated at 6Vrms.  Ether C has 23 ohm impedance.  Rough calculation makes it 1.56W of power, plenty!!!  If I would request an additional amp card, I would go for something at half the power to extend battery life :wink:

I know you're quoting from the specs, but that balanced output is extraordinarily high compared to other daps - typically 1.9 to 3v. Unless there is is some specutacular new balanced output setup unknown to other dap makers, I'd suspect either a misprint (eg 2.6v) or a measurement asterisk ie under certain conditions unlikely to be met in the real world...just my 00.2c here

Regards,

Giles

Jan 15, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #2,465 of 22,021
I know you're quoting from the specs, but that balanced output is extraordinarily high compared to other daps - typically 1.9 to 3v. Unless there is is some specutacular new balanced output setup unknown to other dap makers, I'd suspect either a misprint (eg 2.6v) or a measurement asterisk ie under certain conditions unlikely to be met in the real world...just my 00.2c here

Regards,

Giles

All that Capacitors and Opamps :D.....idk, need confirmation from Ibasso...it does seem unrealistic to me. Misprint does happen, even WM Walkman was stated to have Android OS while it was Walkman Os :D. It was fixed quickly though

Jan 15, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #2,466 of 22,021

Regards,

Giles

You are right testing conditions affect the results slightly and this can commonly be seen in listed power specs. Numbers don't fully tally when you compare power output across different loads.

That said, I doubt 6v is wrong. The dx100 did 5vrms and was known for being ridiculously powerful for a DAP so no surprises there. Also, the Ak amp actually does something like 8v balanced (not that I think it sounds good lol). So yes it's highly possible that it's 6vrms. In which case it should drive even the he1000 to pretty ear splitting levels. But here's the catch, we don't know how good it will sound doing that, it remains to be seen and I'm curious to find out too!

Jan 15, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #2,467 of 22,021
You are right testing conditions affect the results slightly and this can commonly be seen in listed power specs. Numbers don't fully tally when you compare power output across different loads.

That said, I doubt 6v is wrong. The dx100 did 5vrms and was known for being ridiculously powerful for a DAP so no surprises there. Also, the Ak amp actually does something like 8v balanced (not that I think it sounds good lol). So yes it's highly possible that it's 6vrms. In which case it should drive even the he1000 to pretty ear splitting levels. But here's the catch, we don't know how good it will sound doing that, it remains to be seen and I'm curious to find out too!

I understand your pov, I'm still skeptical that the 6v is a standard output. The Dx100 typically lasted 4hours on high gain, the Ak380 amp only does one thing, ie it doesn't have to process data, run a screen, etc. To have that output and balanced at that for 8 hours would be revolutionary. Without context (ie load and duration) there is a question about the reliability of the specs. Again just my opinion.

Regards,

Giles

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #2,468 of 22,021
Could anyone tell me what is DFU upgrade package.and how to install it. Is it the as same method as upgrading firmware?

Jan 15, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #2,469 of 22,021
  Could anyone tell me what is DFU upgrade package.and how to install it. Is it the as same method as upgrading firmware?

You just need to transfer the DFU.zip file into internal storage, and choose local update function in setting-> About DX200->System updates
Choose the dfu file and just wait till finish.

Jan 15, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #2,470 of 22,021

You just need to transfer the DFU.zip file into internal storage, and choose local update function in setting-> About DX200->System updates
Choose the dfu file and just wait till finish.
Not at all! Please read the supplied document. DFU requires a tool provided with USB DAC drivers to flash directly the XMOS chip via USB interface.

Jan 15, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #2,471 of 22,021
Not at all! Please read the supplied document. DFU requires a tool provided with USB DAC drivers to flash directly the XMOS chip via USB interface.

opps i thought he's talking about the new ota update
redface.gif
Sorry for my mistakes.
And yes please read the manual before using the DFU update.

Jan 15, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #2,472 of 22,021
In need a comparison with QP1R and Sony Wm1a. Would anyone here help? 

Jan 15, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #2,475 of 22,021

I understand your pov, I'm still skeptical that the 6v is a standard output. The Dx100 typically lasted 4hours on high gain, the Ak380 amp only does one thing, ie it doesn't have to process data, run a screen, etc. To have that output and balanced at that for 8 hours would be revolutionary. Without context (ie load and duration) there is a question about the reliability of the specs. Again just my opinion.

Regards,

Giles

We can only go by the spec.  iBasso stated 3Vrms for 3.5mm Single Ended output and 6Vrms for 2.5mm balanced output (which in theory makes sense).  DX100 was released years ago, there has been quite some progress in battery tech and now majority of DAPs last upward of 8hrs.  So, no reason to compare to 4hr DX100 battery life :wink:

I don't know what to tell you.  I can only quote the spec.  If/when I get a chance to test it, I can confirm or deny the battery life and can make my own judgment how it drivers demanding cans and high impedance headphones or the noise level with sensitive IEMs.  Also, keep in mind, today there are plenty of a budget measurement equipment available for anybody to confirm if the product performs in a ballpark of the spec.  Don't think any company which has been working for so long on their next flagship, going to put their reputation on the line by BSing the spec.  I know that some manufacturers use different test conditions to stretch their results (have seen it with others publishing high impedance output spec, and then back paddling about changing their test conditions to make it lower).  But I have serious doubt someone would spec 6Vrms if they have 2Vrms which could be easily confirmed.  Also, since they speced 3Vrms for SE and 6Vrms for balanced, don't think it's a typo either.

Will wait and see...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back