1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165
167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176
Next

Last
  1. icefalkon
    Well said...

Steve from NYC

2. DevilofLife
    Don't know if its been ask before does running 3rd party software such as Tidal, Moov or Spotify use both the DAC and does it goes through the android resampling first before going to the DAC?

3. Gerryhatrick

That's great - many thanks.

4. proedros

is it the same as dx80 ?

5. HiFiChris Contributor

The DX80 doesn't have a balanced output.

proedros likes this.
  6. Sound Eq
    until i read about a comparison between dx200 and fiio x7, i will hold myself from buying the dx200

7. TjPhysicist
    Oh do you have x7? How is it?

8. ahossam
  9. the wizard of oz
    On the DX100, 4 hours of battery life is with high res' and high gain. No gain and redbook gets you 8 hours. And with low impedance headphones, of course.
    So don't expect miracles from the DX200 I'd venture to say : power, lots of power at disposition for headphones means it will eat power. Make it crunch high res', DSD, feed high impedance headphones at high gain setting, and it will last less long than the officially announced best playtime duration. It is to be expected from such a small package. Most other DAP's aren't that powerful, so much higher playtime specs usually means much less power from the outputs.
    Everyone wants slimmer DAPs, but always more power, better sound. LiPo batteries and audiophile capacitors do take up room you know. There was a reason the DX100 was designed a bit on the bulkier side of things... Also, some of the on-board desktop-grade components do get hot, so too cramped isn't overly healthy.

10. Paul - iBasso
    I have sent you a PM. We will get this cleared up for you.

You are correct sir.

We were the first to do a work around so that Android will not downsample what is played. If the file is downsampled it is the APP doing it and not the DX200.

As an example a car may get 22 MPG but stay on the gas pedal and go fast you are going to get less. The same holds true of any portable amp or dap or anything else with an onboard battery supply. The DX200 will do a very good job with planar headphones and many demanding headphones. I think it will surprise many people. But you have to be reasonable when expecting it to give 8 hours or more when you are also requiring a lot of current and playing more demanding files like DSD at the same time.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
  11. Whitigir
    Yepe, be glad that a Portable player can "drive" high impedance headphones....complaining about play time is...LOL...ridiculous. There is something called External battery pack

12. Sound Eq
    its good for its price and it has viper effect.

so i am curious how dx200 compares to x7

13. Bastianpp
    x2.

14. Noneya

+3

15. musicday
    +4

First

Back
156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165
167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176
Next