DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 14, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #2,446 of 22,021
  DX200 is definitely an all rounder just with a little laid back vocal.(compare to mojo)

frown.gif

Jan 14, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #2,447 of 22,021
  I wish someone could compare plain DX80 with DX200 in order to determine if the upgrade is really substantial. For instance, what about overall sounds density/sturdiness and quantity of mid/upper bass range? Does DX200 make dynamic music, like EDM n trip-hop, perceived in the right expressive way (pace)? I mean do you 'feel' it? Does it force you to dance due to sound signature, but not cuz its your favorite track? DX80 does it, notwithstanding its weaknesses. 
Thanks in advance!

Well, I haven't got my unit yet but I'll say this Dep...the DX80 doesn't hold a candle to the DX100. However the DX80, in my opinion, is substantially better sounding than the DX90. 

With that being said, and from what those who have their review units already have said, the DX200 already sounds comparable to the DX100, only better.

While I'm a fan of the DX80, it has always wanted to grow up to be a DX100...

Just my $ .02

Steve from NYC

Jan 14, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #2,448 of 22,021

I know...however...it's being compared to a Mojo...you can always ADD a Mojo. But if the unit sounds THAT good just on its own...that's amazing. People are comparing a DAC/AMP to a DAP/DAC/AMP combo. You have to sacrifice things in order to get other things. That's the way it is. 

Again, there are only a few unit reviews out here and I trust Mim's ears. Wait and see...more reviews will surely be coming.

Steve from NYC

Jan 14, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #2,449 of 22,021

I know...however...it's being compared to a Mojo...you can always ADD a Mojo. But if the unit sounds THAT good just on its own...that's amazing. People are comparing a DAC/AMP to a DAP/DAC/AMP combo. You have to sacrifice things in order to get other things. That's the way it is. 

Again, there are only a few unit reviews out here and I trust Mim's ears. Wait and see...more reviews will surely be coming.

Steve from NYC

Well, everything else is very good with dx200. Especially i'm glad to hear such words as "Detail Monster". Using it with cans like Ultrasone Signature Pro you can get something like this:

Jan 14, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #2,450 of 22,021
  Just a brief comparison.
Low: They have the same level of bass presence, DX200 is a bit tighter and cleaner.
Mid: Mojo have a closer vocal imaging and a bit warm compare to DX200. 
High: Mojo's high is smoother than DX200 so it is more forgiving than DX200. 
Soundstage: DX200 has a round soundstage while Mojo has a elliptical soundstage. DX200 have a much better depth in sound stage but the width is just a bit wider than Mojo.
Details: DX200 is a detail monster. It have even more details than mojo.

Overall: Mojo has a more musical sound. I like the way that mojo presented the vocal when I listen to some jazz and blues.
DX200 is definitely an all rounder just with a little laid back vocal.(compare to mojo)
Sometime there will be sibilance (Never happened on Mojo) on poor record.
But it sure can handle all kinds of music. You can just sit back and listen for hours.

The above impression is by DX90 transport to mojo/ DX200(~60 Hours burn in) balanced/Single end out with Noble K10.
Sorry for my poor English
wink.gif

Wait until you hit around 200 hours.
smile.gif

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 14, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #2,451 of 22,021
  Does DX200 support microSD card with "exFat" Format? I own a sandisk 128gb and it can be formated only "exFat" or "NTFS" format via Windows 10 64 bit.

Yes it works fine with exFat.

Jan 14, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #2,453 of 22,021

Well, everything else is very good with dx200. Especially i'm glad to hear such words as "Detail Monster". Using it with cans like Ultrasone Signature Pro you can get something like this:

LOL awesome

Steve from NYC

Jan 14, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #2,455 of 22,021
Hi Paul, I would like please to know if there will be an additional amplifier card that will allow the player to drive harder headphones like Ether C Flow properly.
Thank you and looking forward to a UK release.

DX200 2.5mm balanced output is rated at 6Vrms.  Ether C has 23 ohm impedance.  Rough calculation makes it 1.56W of power, plenty!!!  If I would request an additional amp card, I would go for something at half the power to extend battery life
wink.gif

Jan 14, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #2,456 of 22,021
Just a brief comparison.
Low: They have the same level of bass presence, DX200 is a bit tighter and cleaner.
Soundstage: DX200 has a round soundstage while Mojo has a elliptical soundstage. DX200 have a much better depth in sound stage but the width is just a bit wider than Mojo.

Overall: Mojo has a more musical sound. I like the way that mojo presented the vocal when I listen to some jazz and blues.
But it sure can handle all kinds of music. You can just sit back and listen for hours.

The above impression is by DX90 transport to mojo/ DX200(~60 Hours burn in) balanced/Single end out with Noble K10.
Sorry for my poor English:wink:   

Your English is just fine :) thanks! :)

Jan 14, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #2,457 of 22,021
Hi Paul, I would like please to know if there will be an additional amplifier card that will allow the player to drive harder headphones like Ether C Flow properly.

Thank you and looking forward to a UK release.

DX200 2.5mm balanced output is rated at 6Vrms.  Ether C has 23 ohm impedance.  Rough calculation makes it 1.56W of power, plenty!!!  If I would request an additional amp card, I would go for something at half the power to extend battery life :wink:

Good to know, thank you.

Jan 14, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #2,458 of 22,021
  Just a brief comparison.

Sorry for my poor English
wink.gif

I do not think so. In dx200, vocal backing is not felt. It is rather close to the natural side.

Is not it because you are used to mojo???

And a new FW came out.

Jan 14, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #2,459 of 22,021
  I do not think so. In dx200, vocal backing is not felt. It is rather close to the natural side.

Is not it because you are used to mojo???

And a new FW came out.

It is because the comparison to Mojo.
Actually the vocal presentation is like DX90' one, which is quite natural.

And yes I'm downloading the New firmware to try it out.

@Paul - iBasso When can the wifi ota update is available? I think most of the foreigners are difficult to access the firmware from baidu drive.

Jan 14, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #2,460 of 22,021
  It is because the comparison to Mojo.
Actually the vocal presentation is like DX90' one, which is quite natural.

And yes I'm downloading the New firmware to try it out.

@Paul - iBasso When can the wifi ota update is available? I think most of the foreigners are difficult to access the firmware from baidu drive.

This is the same update method we have used for the other DX80s. We will implement the OTA but I don't have a date at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back