DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 10, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #2,282 of 22,021
  Downloading Play store apk does not work anymore. (tried, not working)

You need to install Gapps package from opengapps, however it is a zip package to be installed in TWRP or recovery, which the dx200 does not open this feature to public yet.

Opps I though it will work just like the old time. Sorry for misleading
blink.gif

Jan 10, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #2,283 of 22,021
  sorry for the misunderstanding i mean that dx200 is a nice ibasso answer for competitor dap such as onkyo dp-x1which is a japanese DAP,
i'm currently used it but quite dissapointed in the fact that the SE output of onkyo only utilize single dac chip compared to DX200 which use both

I'm seriously considering selling it and switch to dx200 once it landed here

It's cool dude. We're all friends here...

Mostly...lol

Steve from NYC

Jan 10, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #2,284 of 22,021
  Hello Paul, are there some drivers available to use the DX200 as USB DAC on my computer?

It is coming up. Please email me.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 10, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #2,285 of 22,021
so here are direct questions to @Paul - iBasso

1- can we expect play store to be included in future firmwares
2- would 3rd party apps have full access to the dac without damp sampling
3- would root be possible and install v4a

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #2,286 of 22,021
  so here are direct questions to @Paul - iBasso

1- can we expect play store to be included in future firmwares
2- would 3rd party apps have full access to the dac without damp sampling
3- would root be possible and install v4a

I'd like to add another question to that, and I apologise if it's already been answered in some way:
Will this be like X7 where there is a "music standalone mode" and a seperate "android mode" for 3rd party apps? or will it all be in a single mode? How would that work (is it going to be like DP-X1 where the 'home screen' is the android home screen and you choose the default music app like any other app or like AK where the home screen is the music screen).

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #2,287 of 22,021
Would Viper really be necessary on the DX200?

Steve from NYC

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #2,288 of 22,021
Enabling Google play store would be nice, but at the same time you are opening a can of worms.  Next thing we gonna have dozens of posts with people b!tching about their dx200 crashing just to find out later they installed a bunch of questionable apps.  But as someone already pointed out above, you can side load apk, and they are running Spotify on dx200 without a problem.

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #2,289 of 22,021
  Enabling Google play store would be nice, but at the same time you are opening a can of worms.  Next thing we gonna have dozens of posts with people b!tching about their dx200 crashing just to find out later they installed a bunch of questionable apps.  But as someone already pointed out above, you can side load apk, and they are running Spotify on dx200 without a problem.

what about apps that require confirmation of purchase every now and then like power amp and usb audio player and other 3 rd party apps

now also that defeats the whole idea of making an android dap , as to me android daps should allow installing 3rd party music player apps that have access to the dac

sorry i do not agree with your point that side loading apks is a good enough option

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #2,291 of 22,021
  I don't need Google Play Store to run Tidal app right guys?

no you do not as you login in the app, but some 3rd party apps use different methods of checking the validity of purchase every now and then 

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #2,292 of 22,021
For me personally...it's a DAP and should be left to do just that and only that. I believe that adding Playstore will do exactly what Twister said. We'll have hundreds of people crying that their $900 music player died because they installed some crap app or they bricked it during root. 

What's funny is all this talk and there isn't one on US soil yet...lol.

Steve from NYC

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #2,293 of 22,021
with all respect then i wish you can point me to one dap that has great eq, the only one that has great eq is the cowon daps, and you check the ones i own or owned, non have a great eq in stock music app

now if you do not like to use eq please note that other like to have a solid eq in their daps

i tried the eq in dx80 and dx90 and honestly did not like their eq

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #2,294 of 22,021

what about apps that require confirmation of purchase every now and then like power amp and usb audio player and other 3 rd party apps

now also that defeats the whole idea of making an android dap , as to me android daps should allow installing 3rd party music player apps that have access to the dac

sorry i do not agree with your point that side loading apks is a good enough option

I didn't say iBasso should not enable Play store, I just suggested that if you are after streaming - there is a work around for it.  Who knows, maybe Google play store will be enabled.  But the fact still remains that it's a double edge sword.  Just read X7 and i5 threads...  Personally, I would have loved being able to listen my tracks or to stream from Spotify while browsing head-fi on DX200
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #2,295 of 22,021
I didn't say iBasso should not enable Play store, I just suggested that if you are after streaming - there is a work around for it.  Who knows, maybe Google play store will be enabled.  But the fact still remains that it's a double edge sword.  Just read X7 and i5 threads...  Personally, I would have loved being able to listen my tracks or to stream from Spotify while browsing head-fi on DX200 :wink:

That would consume a hell lot of battery :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back