DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Aug 8, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #21,511 of 22,021
Hi, may I know if it’s normal that my dx220 drain from 75% to 49% after listening for an hour? Using d it with amp1v2 with medium gain.

Ugh, that's a bit much

Were you at absolute maximum volume?

It should drain slower, I get about 2 hours from 100% to about 65 % - 70 % , with AMP 7

You can always hope for a software glitch like mine had, listened to Beyerdynamic T90 on volume 10! But I did a factory reset for fear of breaking either my ears or Amp9

That would be pretty funny, but it just doesn't drive Sundara, which are my main portables :)

I need more volume. It isn't painfully quiet, just a bit quieter than I typically listen to, say, if I listen at 110 dB, AMP 9 with Sundara stops at about 100 - 103 dB

(lets not turn this into a volume convo, I know what I'm doing :) )

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #21,513 of 22,021
Ugh, that's a bit much

It should drain slower, I get about 2 hours from 100% to about 65 % - 70 % , with AMP 7

That would be pretty funny, but it just doesn't drive Sundara, which are my main portables :)

I need more volume. It isn't painfully quiet, just a bit quieter than I typically listen to, say, if I listen at 110 dB, AMP 9 with Sundara stops at about 100 - 103 dB

I definitely should have sent you my unit.... Diana was powered too loud for me at 20, and they are very similar power requirements to the Sundara. I’ll keep you in mind if I get another software glitch :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #21,514 of 22,021
Ugh, that's a bit much

The volume was set between 11-20. So I was shocked.. now I had reinstalled the latest firmware and reset it. Hope it fix it.

Aug 12, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #21,515 of 22,021
I definitely should have sent you my unit.... Diana was powered too loud for me at 20, and they are very similar power requirements to the Sundara. I’ll keep you in mind if I get another software glitch :beyersmile:

That is interesting

with AMP9?

With AMP7, Sundara is driven pretty well, but with AMP9, just the raw volume isn't enough for me. The actual driving was good, controlled, detailed, everything, it just lacked volume for me

The volume was set between 11-20. So I was shocked.. now I had reinstalled the latest firmware and reset it. Hope it fix it.

Woah, i also hope you manage to fix it

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #21,518 of 22,021
Same headphone, AMP8 volume 90 fo me but AMP9 volume 135 to make me satisfied.

Aug 14, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #21,519 of 22,021
I am having trouble charging and starting my DX200 again. Holding the power button down (constantly), I get the DX200 sign flashing twice and then it goes to the circle with the waves at a low level. I've tried switching cables and the wave level does not go up, although yesterday, it did show fully charged when it was left to charge overnight but then the above still happened and then suddenly the power/wave level was back to low again.

I'll write to iBasso again. They are excellent with their service. Last time it was the AMP8 that was the problem for something similar to this but this time I tried it with both AMP8 and AMP4.

Aug 14, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #21,520 of 22,021
I am having trouble charging and starting my DX200 again. Holding the power button down (constantly), I get the DX200 sign flashing twice and then it goes to the circle with the waves at a low level. I've tried switching cables and the wave level does not go up, although yesterday, it did show fully charged when it was left to charge overnight but then the above still happened and then suddenly the power/wave level was back to low again.

I'll write to iBasso again. They are excellent with their service. Last time it was the AMP8 that was the problem for something similar to this but this time I tried it with both AMP8 and AMP4.
Sounds like a bad battery to me. The battery is pretty easy to change yourself.

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #21,522 of 22,021
Sounds like a bad battery to me. The battery is pretty easy to change yourself.
Thanks. I hope that's all but it was working fine just before that with good battery life per charge.

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #21,523 of 22,021
Thanks. I hope that's all but it was working fine just before that with good battery life per charge.
I've had many an andriod phone do this to me. You charge it and the next morning you are using it and it dies. I think batteries are $15 and about 20 - 30 minutes of your time to replace. I remember Paul posted a link on Amazon to a battery for the DX200. Let me see if I can find it..... BRB

Aug 14, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #21,525 of 22,021
Is Amp9 supposed to require more volume than Amp1 MkII to drive the same IEM? I'm using Lurker0's firmware add on but I'm listening in Mango OS Ver 1.12.149. I'm using the Astell & Kern x JH Audio Angie with a balanced cable to a Fiio 3.5 mm adapter. The Volume on the Amp1 MkII (Slow Roll Off Linear) was set to 45 using the 2.5mm Jack and 53 using the balanced cable with the Fiio 3.5mm adapter. The volume on Amp9 (Fast Roll Off Minimum) was set to 76 for reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back