DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 7, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #17,161 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso would you like to please respond to this. I'll take my apology for being wrongly accused of stating that Ibasso repacks product in the form of a $200 credit towards the DX200's successor please :D
Whoa whoa whoa. There's a miscommunication here Paul.

Firstly, it's named this in Toronto as being the most multicultural city in the world you could also say there's a lot of multiculturalism in electronic sales. I've worked at a hi-end 2ch shop for 10+ years now and I can assure that I've only ever heard it referred to by this moniker at least at the dozen+ hi-end shops around here...and our owner is even a Canadian of Chinese decent just to quell the racism card.

Secondly, you would have to work in a brick and mortar store to hear of it as it's NOT the vendor repacking demo models as new, it's the retailer. I didn't mentioned Ibasso repacking product here but I realize you have to clarify my comment. All good here : )

Sep 7, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #17,162 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso would you like to please respond to this. I'll take my apology for being wrongly accused of stating that Ibasso repacks product in the form of a $200 credit towards the DX200's successor please :D
Doesn't look like he accused you of anything but stated that they don't repack products that are used. Seems like a relevant and on topic response.

Sep 7, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #17,163 of 22,021
^^ I see it another way (go figure right?) as my post only stated that what B&H did was a repack. The combination of stating that he's never heard such a thing and that Ibasso doesn't repack has an inference to it that I said they did. Being defensive without facing offense should hopefully garner an attempt by both parties to squash it. I explained myself and kinda expect something back from him in return considering I'm right and he's wrong...now I'm really not going to get an apology :dt880smile::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Just a little insight into the retail side of things was all I was providing. I'd say he took it the wrong way...now I just need him to say that...nah jk I'm cool now after venting : ) I still have a ton of love for Ibasso and their terrific CS. Squashed.

What I was just gonna say instead of being an adult; you're just jealous that I might get that credit :p

Sep 7, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #17,164 of 22,021
^^ I see it another way (go figure right?) as my post only stated that what B&H did was a repack. The combination of stating that he's never heard such a thing and that Ibasso doesn't repack has an inference to it that I said they did. Being defensive without facing offense should hopefully garner an attempt by both parties to squash it. I explained myself and kinda expect something back from him in return considering I'm right and he's wrong...now I'm really not going to get an apology :dt880smile::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Just a little insight into the retail side of things was all I was providing. I'd say he took it the wrong way...now I just need him to say that...nah jk I'm cool now after venting : ) I still have a ton of love for Ibasso and their terrific CS. Squashed.

What I was just gonna say instead of being an adult; you're just jealous that I might get that credit :p
Ok got it. You have been kidding.

Sep 7, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #17,165 of 22,021
My amp8 was shipped from ibasso and it took loke 3 Days I am impressed with the super fast delivery.

Thought i got a 20$ customs to pay boooya

I bought my third dx200 + amp7 from
a head-fier in hongkong on Wednesday and it arrived today. Quicker than if I’d bought one in the uk. Finally I have something to make my amp8 look less lonely... will my 1z stay up for sale??

Sep 7, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #17,166 of 22,021
a head-fier in hongkong on Wednesday and it arrived today. Quicker than if I’d bought one in the uk. Finally I have something to make my amp8 look less lonely... will my 1z stay up for sale??

I hope you get more lucky than me on this one.
But why you are on your third dx200? What happend to others???

Sep 7, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #17,167 of 22,021
No pic required when it's you're on your third : ) Once you get acquainted again, very brief comparison very much appreciated between DX208/1Z so we can secretly mock them..

Sep 8, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #17,168 of 22,021
I had Canjam tickets bought a month beforehand. I had no idea Ti would suddenly spring up, and as standard dx200 had been one of my favourite DAPs from previous years along with Questyle QP1R which I bought two years ago, I couldn’t resist trying to be one of the 66! Didn’t quite expect it. It arrived the Friday before the show on Saturday so I concentrated on iems and headphones just to broaden my knowledge of how they sounded. But had to try N8 when it was there in front of me!!! Also tried R2 Dap which didn’t realise was new, it was pleasant but felt a bit dated.

Just to be clear, I like music to sound like the original artist intended. So if a warm and bass heavy recording, fine, if sharp and dynamic, fine. But not keen on a Source that makes everything soft and warmish, just so poor recordings or low rate mp3s or streaming sounds ok.

Now the N8 didn’t sound at all soft to me, but with only 2 tracks on its card I was familiar with (usual Daft Punk haha) I can’t really compare with 200Ti. All I can say is, 200ti gave me a wow moment when I first heard, and N8 was in same league.

64Audio’s top pair sounded the most open iems I have ever heard, their lesser ones not so, one particularly warm and slow in comparison. Which is a shame as Forte or 18 out of my price range even with saving. I’m fully spent with two DAPs this year! And next year, there will be a certain Chord m-scaler to consider, which also sounded very nice I might add. Oh dear, this hobby is expensive!

Out of curiosity, anyone here that has the R2R2000 and the DX200Ti/8 ?

I still appreciate all the feedback and opinions from everyone's posts, but I'm still yet to be convinced. So I decided to get off my lazy butt and put the unopened DX200Ti+Amp8 package up for grabs. I've also asked Headphoniaks for advice.

I'm admittedly irrational about this but going to follow my ears and try to get that damned buggy R2R2000 somehow.

The Cayin N8 in tube mode sure beat my WM1A hands down, but I wasn't convinced overall by the unit/version shown in London (Yet to post my notes from show in the CJ2018 thread -_-)

Part of me wished I had PM'ed the person who owned a DX208 to meet up during the show to at least see how it sounded. I admit the possibility of even prefering the sound of the DX200Ti over the R2R2000 were I to open the box to try it.
That is my dilemma.
Try to sell something I never heard at full value in hopes of getting something I know sounded so good instead of opening to see if it does sound as good but lose money if it ain't the case.

Sep 8, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #17,169 of 22,021
Out of curiosity, anyone here that has the R2R2000 and the DX200Ti/8 ?

I still appreciate all the feedback and opinions from everyone's posts, but I'm still yet to be convinced. So I decided to get off my lazy butt and put the unopened DX200Ti+Amp8 package up for grabs. I've also asked Headphoniaks for advice.

I'm admittedly irrational about this but going to follow my ears and try to get that damned buggy R2R2000 somehow.

The Cayin N8 in tube mode sure beat my WM1A hands down, but I wasn't convinced overall by the unit/version shown in London (Yet to post my notes from show in the CJ2018 thread -_-)

Part of me wished I had PM'ed the person who owned a DX208 to meet up during the show to at least see how it sounded. I admit the possibility of even prefering the sound of the DX200Ti over the R2R2000 were I to open the box to try it.
That is my dilemma.
Try to sell something I never heard at full value in hopes of getting something I know sounded so good instead of opening to see if it does sound as good but lose money if it ain't the case.

Quite the dilemma! I feel like if you dont listen you’ll always have that “I wonder how it sounded thought in your head.” Give it a go!

Sep 8, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #17,170 of 22,021
No pic required when it's you're on your third : ) Once you get acquainted again, very brief comparison very much appreciated between DX208/1Z so we can secretly mock them..
+1

Sep 8, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #17,171 of 22,021

needs to burn in for a few day before i can start making comparisons and obviously this will make any photograph i take of it will be much clearer too :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #17,172 of 22,021
I hope you get more lucky than me on this one.
But why you are on your third dx200? What happend to others???

I've bought them all 2nd hand on here which has saved some of my blushes not to mention cash. The first one was my first DAP coming from iphone/DFred Dac combo and it was quite a shock to the system UI-wise at least. I decided, probably prematurely, that i couldn't live with the UI/ android and someone offered me what i'd paid for it, so that was No.1 gone.

I then bought a wm1a, with promise of a slightly more polished UI + incredible battery life and reportedly good SQ. Unfortunately i found the SQ pretty disappointing: wide, but flat, detailed but digital and so on. I'd read a lot about the Amp4 in the meantime, so i found another pretty good deal for a DX200 a less good one for hen's tooth of DX amps, the Amp4. Sound was fantastic, the best i'd heard from a DAP yet, but that UI and especially managing music files from a Mac, had me looking about for better. At this point i'd still got the 1a and had been reading (the source of all my ruin this reading business :wink: ) about the K-Mod which appeared to be a good value way of bringing the ogranic/ 3d sound i liked in the DX/amp4 to my 1a, so I did that and it wasnt. Sold he mod'd 1a a week later to someone who likes that sort of thing.

Then AK announced the Se100, the answer to all my DAP dreams :wink:, so it was bye-bye to DX200 No.2/ Amp4 hello disappointing Se100, bye-bye disappointing Se100.

Next step was to do what i should have done in the first place, cut to the chase and spent 2 weeks demo'ing Wm1z Vs SPcu, expecting to make myself 3K poorer and an owner of copper AK. The golden house brick surprisingly one the day, as on paper is everything SQ-wise that i wouldnt touch with the proverbial sh(*ty stick, coloured, warm and definitely no-where near neutral or reference, just seriously addictive.

This brings us to DX200 no.3. Why? well in the meantime another sexy amp module had arrived from iBasso, plus Dapper App is now compatible, so seamless-ish syncing with itunes on a mac appeared to be possible, that and of course the opportunity to re-coup over £1k from selling the 1z if the DX208 proved to be better.

The DX200 i bought from a headfier in Hong Kong, was unused arrived quicker than amazon and is now quietly burning-in quietly in the corner and should be ready to answer all my prayers/ make life complete when i can have a proper listen in a few days time.

Sorry you did ask and i definitely feel a little lighter for off-loading here.

Thank you, my names Rob and i'm Head-fi-aholic... queue supportive knowing clapping :wink:

Sep 8, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #17,173 of 22,021
I've bought them all 2nd hand on here which has saved some of my blushes not to mention cash. The first one was my first DAP coming from iphone/DFred Dac combo and it was quite a shock to the system UI-wise at least. I decided, probably prematurely, that i couldn't live with the UI/ android and someone offered me what i'd paid for it, so that was No.1 gone.

I then bought a wm1a, with promise of a slightly more polished UI + incredible battery life and reportedly good SQ. Unfortunately i found the SQ pretty disappointing: wide, but flat, detailed but digital and so on. I'd read a lot about the Amp4 in the meantime, so i found another pretty good deal for a DX200 a less good one for hen's tooth of DX amps, the Amp4. Sound was fantastic, the best i'd heard from a DAP yet, but that UI and especially managing music files from a Mac, had me looking about for better. At this point i'd still got the 1a and had been reading (the source of all my ruin this reading business :wink: ) about the K-Mod which appeared to be a good value way of bringing the ogranic/ 3d sound i liked in the DX/amp4 to my 1a, so I did that and it wasnt. Sold he mod'd 1a a week later to someone who likes that sort of thing.

Then AK announced the Se100, the answer to all my DAP dreams :wink:, so it was bye-bye to DX200 No.2/ Amp4 hello disappointing Se100, bye-bye disappointing Se100.

Next step was to do what i should have done in the first place, cut to the chase and spent 2 weeks demo'ing Wm1z Vs SPcu, expecting to make myself 3K poorer and an owner of copper AK. The golden house brick surprisingly one the day, as on paper is everything SQ-wise that i wouldnt touch with the proverbial sh(*ty stick, coloured, warm and definitely no-where near neutral or reference, just seriously addictive.

This brings us to DX200 no.3. Why? well in the meantime another sexy amp module had arrived from iBasso, plus Dapper App is now compatible, so seamless-ish syncing with itunes on a mac appeared to be possible, that and of course the opportunity to re-coup over £1k from selling the 1z if the DX208 proved to be better.

The DX200 i bought from a headfier in Hong Kong, was unused arrived quicker than amazon and is now quietly burning-in quietly in the corner and should be ready to answer all my prayers/ make life complete when i can have a proper listen in a few days time.

Sorry you did ask and i definitely feel a little lighter for off-loading here.

Thank you, my names Rob and i'm Head-fi-aholic... queue supportive knowing clapping :wink:

Waiiitttt....what ? Wm1A sound digital ? What ? That is hard to believe but then I never heard of wm1A. It makes sense that you love dx200 and amp4 more though as this combo is on par with wm1Z just different signature

Sep 8, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #17,174 of 22,021
Waiiitttt....what ? Wm1A sound digital ? What ? That is hard to believe but then I never heard of wm1A. It makes sense that you love dx200 and amp4 more though as this combo is on par with wm1Z just different signature

I didn't feel it sounded digital when I had the WM1A, very layered, dynamic and neutral warm DAP from memory.
Not as detailed and airy as the DX200, not to mention less flexible (no streaming, no modular amp) but pretty great DAP in my book.

Sep 8, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #17,175 of 22,021
I didn't feel it sounded digital when I had the WM1A, very layered, dynamic and neutral warm DAP from memory.
Not as detailed and airy as the DX200, not to mention less flexible (no streaming, no modular amp) but pretty great DAP in my book.
Dx200Ti especially titanium and Amp1Ti ....detailed, airy performances.....is another level. Anyways, 100% that SP1000 can not do DSD512 ROFLMAO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back