DV 336i broken my K701's?
Feb 6, 2008 at 7:31 AM Post #16 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbiker1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate to be captain obvious here, but have you tried plugging the K701s into another source to be sure it's the K701s that are damaged?

Yes, I tried the K701's in several other sources but the left driver is as good as dead.

I will take your advices to heart, thanks everyone!

Feb 6, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #17 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by fl00r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I tried the K701's in several other sources but the left driver is as good as dead.

Bummer dude. I can picture your face right now looking like the dog in your avatar.

Feb 6, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #18 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunneebear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bummer dude. I can picture your face right now looking like the dog in your avatar.

LOL! No way man, not even close
wink.gif

After all it's only gear and this is an excellent excuse to buy the HD650's to keep me company while waiting for the K701's to be repaired
biggrin.gif

Please don't worry about me
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 12, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #19 of 44
Quote:

LOL! No way man, not even close
wink.gif

After all it's only gear and this is an excellent excuse to buy the HD650's to keep me company while waiting for the K701's to be repaired
biggrin.gif

Please don't worry about me
evil_smiley.gif

Sorry for digging up this old thread but this is how the story ended:
I got my K701's back today, repaired. I guess they replaced the left driver (no charge).
Now I've got a weird burn-in problem: zero hours on the left driver, 700+ hours on the right driver
redface.gif

Ben

Mar 12, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #20 of 44
Quote:

I got my K701's back today, repaired. I guess they replaced the left driver (no charge).
Now I've got a weird burn-in problem: zero hours on the left driver, 700+ hours on the right driver
redface.gif

Ben

I guess you just tilt your head to one side for a while!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Mar 12, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #21 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess you just tilt your head to one side for a while!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

LOL, after 700 hours you shall know me by my bandy neck
eek.gif

Mar 12, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #22 of 44
Did you buy those HD650s to hold you over while the 701s were in the shop? If so, are you up for a compare and contrast? I'd be very interested to hear what a listener feels he lost/gained in the switch from 701s to 650s.

Tim

Quote:

redface.gif

Ben

Mar 12, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #23 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by tfarney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you buy those HD650s to hold you over while the 701s were in the shop? If so, are you up for a compare and contrast? I'd be very interested to hear what a listener feels he lost/gained in the switch from 701s to 650s.

Tim

I did buy the HD650's indeed
biggrin.gif
Give me a couple of days for a verdict.
Meanwhile I suggest doing a search, there are tons of threads comparing these two headphones from people who are far more capable and experienced than I am.

Mar 12, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #24 of 44
Quote:

redface.gif

Ben

In that case... you have an excellent opportunity to hear what 700+ hours of burn in does. How does the ears differ?

Mar 12, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #25 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In that case... you have an excellent opportunity to hear what 700+ hours of burn in does. How does the ears differ?

The left driver is extremely thin sounding. The right one has far more bass and body.
Well, that didn't come as a surprise.

Mar 12, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #26 of 44
well, you can EQ them and just let music/pink noise play in the left driver to burn them in.

Mar 12, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #27 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, you can EQ them and just let music/pink noise play in the left driver to burn them in.

Very good idea there. Dang...I was just in a situation where that might have been a good option to try. Too late now though =/

Mar 13, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #28 of 44
Yeah, after 500 hours of music (or 20 min pink noise alternating with 2 min silence) the new one will sound like the one with a bazillion hours and you wont know the difference.

In three weeks they'll be ready to enjoy...

Mar 13, 2008 at 9:31 AM Post #29 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, after 500 hours of music (or 20 min pink noise alternating with 2 min silence) the new one will sound like the one with a bazillion hours and you wont know the difference.

In three weeks they'll be ready to enjoy...

Thanks!

Only problem is to find a source on which I can balance the sound to the left channel only.
I tried my receiver and portable CDP but I can't set the balance only on the left channel; there's still coming some sound out of the right driver.

I'd rather not leave my laptop on for 3 weeks, 24/7.

Furthermore can you recommend me site where I can download pink noise?

Ben

Mar 13, 2008 at 9:49 AM Post #30 of 44
Quote:

Thanks!

Only problem is to find a source on which I can balance the sound to the left channel only.
I tried my receiver and portable CDP but I can't set the balance only on the left channel; there's still coming some sound out of the right driver.

I'd rather not leave my laptop on for 3 weeks, 24/7.

Furthermore can you recommend me site where I can download pink noise?

Ben

May I suggest that you use a MONO source feed via the left channel only, or simple drop some sort of y-adapter (L/R rca to 1/4 or 1/8 phone) and feed only the left input. Hope this helps.

best,

angel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back