Durability of Westone IEM's?
Jun 28, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #16 of 35
 again assuming you have 2 pairs of the same iems with the same equipment and the same burn in period yes.

but take into consideration that sound is subjective, so you have to take that into consideration

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #18 of 35
Just for the sake of letting you know, myself and many other don't believe in burn in of balanced armature drivers (such as those in the 4R).

These units can be very tip dependant as well.

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #19 of 35
I also too think that there is brain burn in type situation. When you get acustom to a certain sound your brain gets used to it and them whem you listen to another iem it takes some time for your brain to again adjust.

People don't believe in burn in of ba or cables ect. I think there's a lot of variables to take into consideration....I think its roght down the middle between those who believe in burn in and those who don't.

I also agree w4r are some of the most tip dependant iems I've ever used. Some tips sound better others sound worse. So many factors to take into cobsideration.

Jun 29, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #26 of 35
glad to hear reports of Westone's customer service before i send mine in. older um3x with internal cable problem, three years of heavy use. anyone know if they can be converted to plug in cables by westone?  

Jun 29, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #27 of 35
Quote:
glad to hear reports of Westone's customer service before i send mine in. older um3x with internal cable problem, three years of heavy use. anyone know if they can be converted to plug in cables by westone?  

YES THIS CAN BE DONE!

http://btg-audio.com/webstore.htm#ecwid:category=2609209&mode=category&offset=0&sort=normal

BTG_Audio he can do it, ive had my se530 converted to removeable cable mod from him, excellent work and well worth the $45.00 he charges. lead times about 2 weeks, faster you can get the iems to him the better your turn around will be.

imo i dont think westone can do it, and i believe they would if they could do it, charge you much more than 45.00!

Jul 4, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #28 of 35
Listened to both 4R's again and I still think that there is a difference... Starting to wonder if dropping my 4R's damaged something inside... 
triportsad.gif

Jul 4, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #29 of 35
Quote:
Listened to both 4R's again and I still think that there is a difference... Starting to wonder if dropping my 4R's damaged something inside... 
triportsad.gif

Highly possible you damaged a driver (maybe more) inside the 4R when you dropped it. 

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #30 of 35
Highly possible you damaged a driver (maybe more) inside the 4R when you dropped it. 

That's what I thought. But after about 2 hours of comparison, my damaged ones seemed to sound better. Everything sounded closer and vocals were more forward...

Maybe I'm just hearing things or going crazy... Developed some audiophile disease. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back