Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jul 21, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #1,981 of 3,012
Yep, please keep Fujisan's post to related thread!

Jul 22, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #1,983 of 3,012
  my bad. 

deadhorse.gif

Jul 27, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #1,985 of 3,012
hi guys

I really want to keep the Dunu Titans (I love how they sound) but I'm not comfortable after 30 minutes with any of the included eartips.

My last chance is the comply foam...

I just orderded the variety pack with the 3 different eartips. What do you think about the comply + Titan?

Or at least if you can help with links to buy alternate eartips compatible with the Titan!

It would be nice to try the brainwavz double flange from this review:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones/reviews/12881

Jul 27, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #1,986 of 3,012
  hi guys

I really want to keep the Dunu Titans (I love how they sound) but I'm not comfortable after 30 minutes with any of the included eartips.

I just orderded the variety pack with the 3 different eartips. What do you think about the comply + Titan?

Or at least if you can help with links to buy alternate eartips compatible with the Titan!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones/reviews/12881

Double flange tips are great and are my favourite for most IEMs, but for the Titans the read hybrid tips that came in the box worked best.

Jul 27, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #1,988 of 3,012
I guess the Spinfit eartips are a good bet too.

A member of this forum ships them from Japan

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spinfit-Tips-Authentic-Spinfits-brand-new-from-Japan-/171774365083?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27fe8ccd9b&rmvSB=true

Jul 27, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #1,989 of 3,012
I've experimented quite a bit with different tips and have found that narrow bore tips seem to perform best with the Titan. It tames the lower treble without sacrificing much of it's higher extension. I'm now using the Spin Fit tips with good results however the bass and low-mids can hit you pretty hard depending on the material you're listening to. I must say that older late 70s recordings come alive on the Titan. If you like hard hitting lows and border line bright extended highs then this is a good fun and articulate IEM. For those looking for silky smooth sound signature with warm sounding mids, then it's not for you.

PS: Spyro Gyra Freetime album sounds amazing on the Titan especially the slap bass intro of the opening track, Freetime....WOW....
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #1,991 of 3,012
You're welcome Paulus XII, the Spinfits are good for bright signature IEMs and the JVC Spiral Dots are the other way around. I've tried the Spiral Dots with the Titan but it's too bright for my ears. Generally, wide bore tips are more suitable for dark signature IEMs and narrow bore tips for bright IEMs. Since you love Spyro Gyra too...here's sharing an amazing tune with you....listen to the slap bass and bass drum intro on your Titan and you'll be floored....Don't forget to play it LOUD but please don't blow your ear drums 
biggrin.gif

PS: I used to own the same headphone that's worn by the model on the album cover. It's an AIWA headphone that comes with their portable cassette recorder. Back in the days, this is the only portable cassette recorder that sounds better than the standard Sony Walkman and it records too. This one got me started on recording my musical ideas back in the days.....Damn....I'm revealing too much of my age already 
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #1,992 of 3,012
Hello all, I just had this earphone recommended to me, but I have a few concerns if somebody doesn't mind shedding a little light 
bigsmile_face.gif

Regarding the half type design - my experience with other in-ears has taught me that basically deeper insertion means better sound quality (so you can hear the highs / lows etc. more vividly). But the Titan 1 seems it may not go in deep enough to sound its' best - or am I completely wrong?

Also, I had been leaning towards a 'bulet' or 'tube' shape earphone because I have had a very difficult time getting full-on IEM's to twist & contort & still never fit properly into my ears, so would you still say the Titan 1 would be likely to fit easily?

Also what are those vent holes towards the front?  Thanks much!

Jul 27, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #1,993 of 3,012
  ...If you like hard hitting lows and border line bright extended highs then this is a good fun and articulate IEM. For those looking for silky smooth sound signature with warm sounding mids, then it's not for you...

I like lush vibrant mids, so are you saying that this has essentially a thin or v-shaped sound? If so then it seems something that a bit of tip-rolling or EQ'ing can fix, right?

Jul 27, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #1,994 of 3,012

I like lush vibrant mids, so are you saying that this has essentially a thin or v-shaped sound? If so then it seems something that a bit of tip-rolling or EQ'ing can fix, right?

I dont think you will enjoy this half in-ear thing if you have problems with fitment of this type of earphones. And if you dont want thin mids or sharp notes, this is not for you. But there is nothing like deeper fit means better SQ or anything. You can buy some Brainwavz Tri flanges if you want to.

Jul 27, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #1,995 of 3,012
hi guys

I think you 'll love th complys i found great results sonically and from a comfort standpoint with the comply t400. I think some others mentioned the t200s does a fine job as well

Their a bit longer (the t400)> the stock hybrids. So i think that will help out as well.

They also sort of flatten out tha treble peak, making them a easier on the ears as well.

If i didnt find a good it with the stock hybrids, andthe sky blue vsonic hybrids. The complys would be right up there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back