Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jul 27, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #1,996 of 3,012

I like lush vibrant mids, so are you saying that this has essentially a thin or v-shaped sound? If so then it seems something that a bit of tip-rolling or EQ'ing can fix, right?

No, I'm not saying the Titan is thin, in contrary it has quite a bit of mid bass and can sound pretty hard hitting from the mid-bass and frequencies below it. The lower treble seems a little hot too but not over the top depending on the material that you're listening to. I would say they're pretty border line level for me. Due to the emphasis of these frequencies on both ends, the balance of the sound tend to be a tad accentuated on both ends of the frequency spectrum therefore making the perceived mid frequencies a little recessed. I hope this explains my personal experience of the Titan and hopefully helps you make a sound decision too.

Deep insertion doesn't always mean better sound. It all depends on the IEM design...some sounds better with deep insertion eg. Etymotic ER4S but some sounds better with shallow insertion. Be aware that the type of tips you use may very well affect insertion depth too and so does the influence of the final sound quality. Hope this helps.

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #1,997 of 3,012
I ordered comply t200 because it's what they recommend in their website. They have a compatibility list and Titans are a match for t200.

I have ordered complys and spinfit. I hope I can deal with them because the Titans are special and also going for something better means a bigger price without being sure of a right choice.

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #1,998 of 3,012
Got a pair of these over the weekend and have been enjoying them over the last few days. My impressions so far, based on my preferences of course:

The good :)
Great build quality.
Very comfortable.
Excellent bass, hard hitting and deep, fast without much bleed.
Soundstage and imaging are great, really layers the sound and envelopes the listener.
Extended treble with sparkle and great details.
Very clear, no veil.

The not so good or meh :triportsad:
A metallic tinge to the treble, has been mentioned here before, effects the timbre and can sound a little 'off'.
A bit V-shaped, guitars can sit too far back in the mix on some tracks so they miss that attack and crunch.

Jul 27, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #1,999 of 3,012

I like lush vibrant mids, so are you saying that this has essentially a thin or v-shaped sound? If so then it seems something that a bit of tip-rolling or EQ'ing can fix, right?

You can fix that with a simple mod me and other guys have been using. The result is a bit more bass quantity, but more forward mids too. No more recessed mids, no longer v shaped, but balanced.

Jul 27, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #2,002 of 3,012
I've been using this mod since Paulus told me about it a few days ago. I went and bought the medical tape that says paper medical tape and covered two vents with it. I was expecting the vocals and bass to be brought forward, which seems to be the case. It's not drastic but balances out the sound. Best part for me is that the sibilance has tamed down a lot. People should give it a shot.

Jul 28, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #2,003 of 3,012
I've been using this mod since Paulus told me about it a few days ago. I went and bought the medical tape that says paper medical tape and covered two vents with it. I was expecting the vocals and bass to be brought forward, which seems to be the case. It's not drastic but balances out the sound. Best part for me is that the sibilance has tamed down a lot. People should give it a shot.

I am happy with the stock sound!!
rolleyes.gif
, but i will give it a try. Surgical tape right, i got some.

Jul 28, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #2,005 of 3,012
 I dont think you will enjoy this half in-ear thing if you have problems with fitment of this type of earphones. And if you dont want thin mids or sharp notes, this is not for you. But there is nothing like deeper fit means better SQ or anything. You can buy some Brainwavz Tri flanges if you want to.

You can fix that with a simple mod me and other guys have been using. The result is a bit more bass quantity, but more forward mids too. No more recessed mids, no longer v shaped, but balanced.

So you guys had basically talked me out of getting these on the last page, but now it seems there may be a solution. So the surgical tape mod increases the bass and mids, but would you say there is still much 'sharp notes' or 'metallic highs' after the mod? And this doesn't give it 'basshead' bass does it? But then if you're on the go a lot it seems maybe the tape would fall off often

Jul 28, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #2,006 of 3,012
So you guys had basically talked me out of getting these on the last page, but now it seems there may be a solution. So the surgical tape mod increases the bass and mids, but would you say there is still much 'sharp notes' or 'metallic highs' after the mod? And this doesn't give it 'basshead' bass does it? But then if you're on the go a lot it seems maybe the tape would fall off often

Surgical skin tape doesn't fall of. Titanium drivers don't sound metallic to my ears. In fact my dunu 2000 sound more metallic with its highs. (Or maybe it's a dunu thing to do lol).

Jul 28, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #2,009 of 3,012
Jul 28, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #2,010 of 3,012

It does sound a bit metallic and sharp when compared earphones like IM-70 or GR-07.

Just curious, can anyone post a picture of the Titans with the tape? 

I just dont feeling doing this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back