DUNU releases EST 112, a triple hybrid in-ear with dual electrostatic tweeters
Apr 9, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #182 of 296
Good to know that someone is using my track links lol.
Ahm...I generally look them up in Apple Music :sweat_smile: and downloaded some from torrent.

Apr 10, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #183 of 296
Apr 10, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #185 of 296
I use to buy items from different brands to experience different technology.
But Dunu is exception, I already own two from them, dk-3001 pro, and Luna.
and I am thinking to buy est112 now After these positive reviews.
I did this for Unique Melody, Mirage and 3DT.

Apr 10, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #187 of 296
I received my EST112 this afternoon. I need to break it in, but I did some preliminary testing with my Luxury & Precision P6 Pro and did a quick comparison to my Campfire Andromeda 2019's. Like others have said, the build quality of the EST112 is very good and I like the cable. I ordered the Dunu blanche, and I also have the Fiio LC-RE, which I'll compare later. I didn't use the supplied tips, since I really like the fit of the AZLA Sednaearfit Xelastec. The Sednas are really comfortable. The EST112's are fairly large, but they are light and with the Sedna's they are very comfortable in the ear. I read in the reviews that the EST112 is not a bassy IEM. That's correct, but it does have very good bass. My first impression was that the EST112's are neutral and well defined across the range, from the low-end to the high-end. In contrast, the Andromeda's are more relaxed. You could call it warm, but I think relaxed is a better word. Similar to the difference between my ZMF Verite Open and my Focal Clear. The Clear has a bit more detail that the Verite, but the Verite is more relaxing, and I tend to reach for it more than the Clear. However, sometimes I want that detail and reach for the Clear. For my two-channel systems, the best comparison is between my Harbeth and Spendor systems, which have a very engaging, relaxed sound that you can listen to for hours. In contrast, my main system has ATC bookshelf speakers and they are so accurate and can handle so much, you always want to turn up the volume because you hear more and more details and feel the music as it envelops the room. I get a similar feel from the EST112. I want to turn up the volume with the EST112. There is so much detail, I want to turn it up and hear it. The bass is there too, but it isn't muddy bass. It is tight bass. For example, on Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse Soundtrack, you hear really tight bass, similar to what you would expect from good over the ear headphones, but you won't hear the muddy thump (and I put the P6 Pro's equalizer in "bass" mode and still didn't hear any muddy bass). Likewise, listening to Beyonce Homecoming, everything is there, but the bass is tight and it doesn't overtake the voices, instruments, and live audience coming from different directions. It is a very different experience than the Andromeda, which is more hifi compared to the EST112 (but not in a bad way). Like my Spendors and Harbeths, the Andromeda just sounds nice and it has everything you need, but it doesn't stretch for every detail. Right now I'm listening to Dave Brubeck's Take Five. I heard it a thousand times, but with the EST112, I hear some details for the first time. The cymbals sound just right. Ok, is there anything negative? I'm not sure yet. At lower to mid volume levels, it isn't fatiguing, but it gets bright at high volume levels. Hopefully, this will smooth out with burn in (or maybe my ears can't handle it), but I'll report back, since others have mentioned it calms down after about 50 hours of burn in. Hope this helps people thinking about ordering them. I didn't mention classical music, since I thought people would want an atlernative perspective, but the detail is perfect for classical. Right now I'm lsitening to Shostakovich Violin Concerto No. 1 in A Minor (on Alina Ibragimova, Shostakovich Violin Concertos No. 1 and 2, Hyperion). Shostakovich violin concertos are unforgiving. The violin either sounds amazing or if the speaker, headphone or IEM is too bright, it is like torture. The EST112 sounds like you are there, but like a real performance, you can have too much of a good thing. My ears can't handle it too loud, but at medium high volume, I feel like I have middle orchestra level seats... ok maybe someday I'll get out of the house and hear live, nonamplified music again. For now, I have another nice IEM to add to the collection and enjoy.

Apr 10, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #189 of 296
I received my EST112 this afternoon. I need to break it in, but I did some preliminary testing with my Luxury & Precision P6 Pro and did a quick comparison to my Campfire Andromeda 2019's. Like others have said, the build quality of the EST112 is very good and I like the cable. I ordered the Dunu blanche, and I also have the Fiio LC-RE, which I'll compare later. I didn't use the supplied tips, since I really like the fit of the AZLA Sednaearfit Xelastec. The Sednas are really comfortable. The EST112's are fairly large, but they are light and with the Sedna's they are very comfortable in the ear. I read in the reviews that the EST112 is not a bassy IEM. That's correct, but it does have very good bass. My first impression was that the EST112's are neutral and well defined across the range, from the low-end to the high-end. In contrast, the Andromeda's are more relaxed. You could call it warm, but I think relaxed is a better word. Similar to the difference between my ZMF Verite Open and my Focal Clear. The Clear has a bit more detail that the Verite, but the Verite is more relaxing, and I tend to reach for it more than the Clear. However, sometimes I want that detail and reach for the Clear. For my two-channel systems, the best comparison is between my Harbeth and Spendor systems, which have a very engaging, relaxed sound that you can listen to for hours. In contrast, my main system has ATC bookshelf speakers and they are so accurate and can handle so much, you always want to turn up the volume because you hear more and more details and feel the music as it envelops the room. I get a similar feel from the EST112. I want to turn up the volume with the EST112. There is so much detail, I want to turn it up and hear it. The bass is there too, but it isn't muddy bass. It is tight bass. For example, on Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse Soundtrack, you hear really tight bass, similar to what you would expect from good over the ear headphones, but you won't hear the muddy thump (and I put the P6 Pro's equalizer in "bass" mode and still didn't hear any muddy bass). Likewise, listening to Beyonce Homecoming, everything is there, but the bass is tight and it doesn't overtake the voices, instruments, and live audience coming from different directions. It is a very different experience than the Andromeda, which is more hifi compared to the EST112 (but not in a bad way). Like my Spendors and Harbeths, the Andromeda just sounds nice and it has everything you need, but it doesn't stretch for every detail. Right now I'm listening to Dave Brubeck's Take Five. I heard it a thousand times, but with the EST112, I hear some details for the first time. The cymbals sound just right. Ok, is there anything negative? I'm not sure yet. At lower to mid volume levels, it isn't fatiguing, but it gets bright at high volume levels. Hopefully, this will smooth out with burn in (or maybe my ears can't handle it), but I'll report back, since others have mentioned it calms down after about 50 hours of burn in. Hope this helps people thinking about ordering them. I didn't mention classical music, since I thought people would want an atlernative perspective, but the detail is perfect for classical. Right now I'm lsitening to Shostakovich Violin Concerto No. 1 in A Minor (on Alina Ibragimova, Shostakovich Violin Concertos No. 1 and 2, Hyperion). Shostakovich violin concertos are unforgiving. The violin either sounds amazing or if the speaker, headphone or IEM is too bright, it is like torture. The EST112 sounds like you are there, but like a real performance, you can have too much of a good thing. My ears can't handle it too loud, but at medium high volume, I feel like I have middle orchestra level seats... ok maybe someday I'll get out of the house and hear live, nonamplified music again. For now, I have another nice IEM to add to the collection and enjoy.
Do you find the 112 and Clear to have complimentary sounds? Or does Clear mostly offer a worse-of-everything version of what 112 does?

If you had to choose - Clear or 112?

If you had to choose an alternate/sidegrade for Clear(Verite?), and an alternate/sidegrade for 112?

The 112 is apparently mostly better than FD5...but the lesser bass quantity(neutral?!) and less-than-perfect treble is concerning, and makes me think "this is not The One". The Clear doesn't seem to be the best choice, either, if the stage is small and the treble peaks are there.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #190 of 296
Do you find the 112 and Clear to have complimentary sounds? Or does Clear mostly offer a worse-of-everything version of what 112 does?
I used the comparison of the Clear and ZMF as an analogy to my comparison of the Andromeda and 112. I haven't heard an IEM that sounds better than a good over the ear headphone and I haven't heard an over the ear headphone that sounds better than a good two-channel system. But I thought the comparisons would be helpful. I just listened to the Clear hooked up directly to the P6 Pro and it sounds completely different from the 112. I like both but if I had to choose, I'd much rather keep the Clear than the 112. That's why I've bought mostly headphones instead of IEMS, but it's also nice to have other options.
If you had to choose - Clear or 112?
Clear. See above
If you had to choose an alternate/sidegrade for Clear(Verite?), and an alternate/sidegrade for 112?
I also have Ether 2 and LCD-2 and HD600. I like the Ether 2 because it is so light, but I'd be fine with just Clear and Verite. For 112, I like the Andromeda still as an alternate. I have the 2019 Andromeda's. I'm intrigued by so many IEMs that cost up to $6000, but it seems like diminishing returns at some point, since I mainly listen to headphones. That's why I bought the 112. It's fun and it is reasonably priced.
The 112 is apparently mostly better than FD5...but the lesser bass quantity(neutral?!) is concerning, and makes me think "this is not The One". The Clear doesn't seem to be the best choice, either, if the stage is small and the treble peaks are there.

The stage is not small on the Clear and the Clear doesn't have treble peaks. It is just more neutral and detailed than the ZMF. It is also lighter than the ZMF. If you don't like hearing the treble peaks on the 112 (assuming they don't go away with burn in) and you want a smooth presentation, I would get something like the Andromeda instead of the 112. I don't know anything about the FD5.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #191 of 296
God bless my sleep

20210413_083844.jpg

Apr 15, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #194 of 296
Apr 15, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #195 of 296
I am really eager to get my hands on those :heartbeat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back