DUNU LUNA - Impressions and Discussion
Mar 14, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #121 of 878
I agree with most things you said, but I do find the bass lacking:)

Bass isn't elevated for the sake of having big bass per se but impact and especially sub bass rumble is very good. Bass levels are very natural sounding and don't sound anemic at all. But then again I am using the Fiio M15 which has very dynamic bass end to begin with so that might be the reason why it sounds adequate for me. I can see how if the Luna was used on a more neutral type source it can sound more neutral in the bass end.

I purposefully chose the Fiio M15 bought before I got the LUNA after looking at the graph on them. I wanted a more musical source to match up with it and I got a very nice combo. It has excellent synergy with the LUNA as I thought is would.

Luna is very transparent of sources it seems so good stuff in even better stuff out. Been letting it play over night and have them in my ears. It is crazy to me how small these are actually. I thought they were going to be bigger for some reason.

Mar 14, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #122 of 878
I continue to see so many reports of great staging and imaging, but what about the general fare, bass(quality and quantity), treble(extension, sparkle) and mids? Mine should be here by Tuesday so I will share these thoughts but it won't be quickly.

Mar 14, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #123 of 878
It is not a v shaped IEM so if you are looking for deep slamming bass or exciting highs, Luna might not be designed this way. Despite of that, the bass and treble are not bad though and the mids are good. I feel the Fourte of Luna is its unique sound texture, especially the texture of guitars and drums! Please try Houston Person & Ron Carter’s album Remember Love. Luna gave me goose bumps with their tracks. I believe Luna has the best texture for guitars, horns and general atmosphere in these tracks.
Also, do try Jessica Medina’s Back to Black, man the drums and percussion is soooooooo sweet. I felt smitten and drunk with these notes.

Mar 14, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #125 of 878
Wow I’m not a rock and roll fan, but thank you for the recommendations! Luna sounds incredible with these crazy tracks. It delivers lightening fast speed with perfect balance and density.
Nice , so bass was there and snare drum was snappy ? Thxs

Mar 14, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #127 of 878
Yep, only because the bass is overwhelming in that dead mental track, making it hard to disappear. But drums sound magical with Luna! Best texture ever for Drums and guitars!!!!!
Thxs , nice.

Mar 15, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #128 of 878
There's this track I'd like Luna owners try. When you're free please do check it out, and share your impression!

This track contains male vocals with guitar string and bass. The vocals have this vibrato part where you can test the Luna's dynamics. And of course the naturalness of the voice, as well as guitar sound. In addition you can also test to see how far the bass can reach, and rumble. And lastly altogether combined to see its instrument layering and separation ability. Thanks, and please. :)

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #129 of 878
DSC07019.JPG I am writing a review of these cables here. Penon Leo Plus. Thought I would share a pic with the Luna on it.

As if I could have gotten a better version of the Luna. Cables do have an effect on the Luna. Very transparent iems. I feel the stock cable is an excellent cable by the way. But why not experiment a bit.

Luna has been lovely to listen to every night. With so much craziness happening right now in the US. These have been a blessing to me. I feel lucky I got a set. We are in for some rough times.

Mar 16, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #130 of 878
There's this track I'd like Luna owners try. When you're free please do check it out, and share your impression!

This track contains male vocals with guitar string and bass. The vocals have this vibrato part where you can test the Luna's dynamics. And of course the naturalness of the voice, as well as guitar sound. In addition you can also test to see how far the bass can reach, and rumble. And lastly altogether combined to see its instrument layering and separation ability. Thanks, and please. :)

Lovely track. Luna has zero issues with bass. As mentioned earlier very transparent of music and recordings that have good dynamics to it. Instruments sounds just stupendous using the LUNA. Vocals is a highlight as well. Bass elevates when called for. Extremely textured for sub bass. There is really not a note the Luna can't handle as you would imagine. Every note with slight nuanced detail is easily heard. I think this is what david earlier was saying about how intense the Luna can be. Luna doesn't hide anything in a recording.

As I am discovering what I purchased. The more I get to know them the more I am appreciating what Dunu has achieved with these. I can tell they put a lot of work in the design the sound the material to get that sound. I think the reason why I was really drawn in was that it was using something new. New will get me every time. Lol.

Mar 17, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #132 of 878
Does Luna works better with a brighter cable, cleaner cable, or with a warmer cable?

Also, does Dunu sell that cable terminator for after market cable So we can use that 4 heads?

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #134 of 878
There are so many tips included. I have gone to my tip bin...but what is everyones experience with tips? What have you settled on?

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #135 of 878
It is not a v shaped IEM so if you are looking for deep slamming bass or exciting highs, Luna might not be designed this way. Despite of that, the bass and treble are not bad though and the mids are good. I feel the Fourte of Luna is its unique sound texture, especially the texture of guitars and drums! Please try Houston Person & Ron Carter’s album Remember Love. Luna gave me goose bumps with their tracks. I believe Luna has the best texture for guitars, horns and general atmosphere in these tracks.
Also, do try Jessica Medina’s Back to Black, man the drums and percussion is soooooooo sweet. I felt smitten and drunk with these notes.
I agree it’s not v shaped but damn I love the bass and treble on the Luna. For me there’s definitely plenty of bass : ). It’s perfect for me imo.

There are so many tips included. I have gone to my tip bin...but what is everyones experience with tips? What have you settled on?
What kind of tips do you usually use and what size? I might be able to help.

Edit: I have to say I agree with most or all of what’s been said so far by others. “Textured” was used by someone before and that’s such an interesting way to describe it. But it’s more than textured...and I don’t exactly know how to explain it (which is an enigma in itself).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back