Dunu Falcon-C Flagship Dynamic Driver IEM - Discussion and Reviews
Jan 25, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #31 of 163
That one
Zzkkflzl.jpg

Jan 25, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #33 of 163
I'm calling it a shirt clip.

It's attached to most of the DUNU products but we remove it from new Falcon C, sorry for the confustion, if Falcon C user has need to it, contact Vivian via PM :girl:

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Jan 25, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #34 of 163
I am not native English speaker, so i am still not sure i picked a right word.
Anyway, this thing is not included in accessories set, which is not really cool for >$200.
Actually I have few pins, one of them is from small DUNU eartips set, it is just it is very easy to loose, so it is always good to have a spare one :)
Such "shirt clip" would be extremely useful for default Falcon-C cable, which is kind of sturdy.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #36 of 163
Aaaaaaa

They are here.

I love them!

More impressions to come.

But MAAAAN The DEEP BASS and the SWEET TREBLE!!!!

Instrument Separation, soundstage, I am amazed

I need more time to listen....

How are they compared to the big brother, the DK-3001?

Jan 25, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #37 of 163
How are they compared to the big brother, the DK-3001?

Dunu asked me to not post impressions until the burn-in is done, and they adviced 200 hours of burn-in. I always respect companies advice.

So far, and I'm very early in the burn-in process, but Falcon-C comapred to DK-3001 has more of a V-shaped signature, with more treble and bass amounts. They also bring the details more forward, where DK-3001 is more relaxing. Those are early impressions without burn-in, but might be good to have so you know what to expect with burn-in as sonic changes go.

Now this won't change with burn-in, but the comfort is different. DK-3001 was maybe hit and miss with comfort? Well Falcon-C is an angelic IEM at the comfort level, it is so extremely ergonomic and well made, I didn't even need more than a second with the included spinfit tips, and even the tips that are not spinfit, Falcon-C just sits in your ears. It is really really well thought.

Now, Falcon-C leaks a bit of sound, but amazingly, while music is playing, they somehow isolate. My girl was shouting at me, and I didn't hear a thing while I was wearing Falcon-C today, but I do think they are open, from the design.

The cable is also really really nice. Like beautiful braided cable which looks and feels very high quality.

Jan 25, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #38 of 163
Dunu asked me to not post impressions until the burn-in is done, and they adviced 200 hours of burn-in. I always respect companies advice.

So far, and I'm very early in the burn-in process, but Falcon-C comapred to DK-3001 has more of a V-shaped signature, with more treble and bass amounts. They also bring the details more forward, where DK-3001 is more relaxing. Those are early impressions without burn-in, but might be good to have so you know what to expect with burn-in as sonic changes go.

Now this won't change with burn-in, but the comfort is different. DK-3001 was maybe hit and miss with comfort? Well Falcon-C is an angelic IEM at the comfort level, it is so extremely ergonomic and well made, I didn't even need more than a second with the included spinfit tips, and even the tips that are not spinfit, Falcon-C just sits in your ears. It is really really well thought.

Now, Falcon-C leaks a bit of sound, but amazingly, while music is playing, they somehow isolate. My girl was shouting at me, and I didn't hear a thing while I was wearing Falcon-C today, but I do think they are open, from the design.

The cable is also really really nice. Like beautiful braided cable which looks and feels very high quality.

How do they compare to the ibasso it01?

Jan 25, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #39 of 163

Fair enough. I can wait. I hope you'll do a comparison between the two, however. I am curious to know how the bass, in particular, stacks up against the 3001, since that was already a strong point of the latter. Also, if you have experience with beryllium drivers, I would love to hear about how the nanotubes stack up to those sorts of drivers.

Maybe one you could answer now: do the Falcons allow for deeper insertion than the 3001?

Jan 25, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #40 of 163

How bad is the sound leakage? I was considering buying these to use at my job in an open office but I can’t have an IEM that leaks sound out for my co workers to hear.

Jan 25, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #41 of 163
How do they compare to the ibasso it01?

Too early for this since they aren't burned in. But they are 2.2 times the price, so you should factor this in

IT01 has more midbass, while Falcon-C has more treble, at least at this point.

Fair enough. I can wait. I hope you'll do a comparison between the two, however. I am curious to know how the bass, in particular, stacks up against the 3001, since that was already a strong point of the latter. Also, if you have experience with beryllium drivers, I would love to hear about how the nanotubes stack up to those sorts of drivers.

Maybe one you could answer now: do the Falcons allow for deeper insertion than the 3001?

I have a breyllium Driver headphone, something I call MZero because it has a complicated name. The Nanotubes drivers do stack up nicely, beryllium drivers in that one have smooth treble, while Falcon-C has more sparkle.

Falcon-C can be inserted deeper and offers excellent general comfort for my ears.

Just testing now, this reminds me: I was having excellent comfort with DK-3001 as well, my ears worked well with them, and in fact I can say that both are amazing for my ears. Hard to say that one is better necessarily for my personal ears, but I think that the fit around the ear is improved now, at the cable level. The hard memory wire in DK-3001 is great, but Falcon-C has a slighlty more flexible cable with takes less adjusting when puttin them on.

For bass, I think that DK-3001 has a bit more quality to it, like DK-3001 is very deep and sounds natural, while Falcon-C is a bit thicker at this point. This might change a lot with some burn-in, so don't hold me on to that statement until I get around 200 hours with Falcon-C, per Dunu's advice.

How bad is the sound leakage? I was considering buying these to use at my job in an open office but I can’t have an IEM that leaks sound out for my co workers to hear.

I asked my girl, while I was blasting Faclon-C at max volume. She said that she barely hears a thing, it should work well in a closed space. When I said that they leak a bit, I mean only a little bit, not a large bit.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #42 of 163
Too early for this since they aren't burned in. But they are 2.2 times the price, so you should factor this in

IT01 has more midbass, while Falcon-C has more treble, at least at this point.

I have a breyllium Driver headphone, something I call MZero because it has a complicated name. The Nanotubes drivers do stack up nicely, beryllium drivers in that one have smooth treble, while Falcon-C has more sparkle.

Falcon-C can be inserted deeper and offers excellent general comfort for my ears.

Just testing now, this reminds me: I was having excellent comfort with DK-3001 as well, my ears worked well with them, and in fact I can say that both are amazing for my ears. Hard to say that one is better necessarily for my personal ears, but I think that the fit around the ear is improved now, at the cable level. The hard memory wire in DK-3001 is great, but Falcon-C has a slighlty more flexible cable with takes less adjusting when puttin them on.

For bass, I think that DK-3001 has a bit more quality to it, like DK-3001 is very deep and sounds natural, while Falcon-C is a bit thicker at this point. This might change a lot with some burn-in, so don't hold me on to that statement until I get around 200 hours with Falcon-C, per Dunu's advice.

I asked my girl, while I was blasting Faclon-C at max volume. She said that she barely hears a thing, it should work well in a closed space. When I said that they leak a bit, I mean only a little bit, not a large bit.

Ohhh ok, I was fearful that they would reach Titan 1 or 1more triple driver level of sound leakage.

Would you happen to know how they compare in sound leakage to the dn-2000?
I’m currently using the Pinnacle P2 and they are very good with minimal sound leakage. I absolutely love DUNU’s house sound but I absolutely cannot have an IEM that I can only turn up to 1/4 of the volume due to how bad it spews sound out. Sorry if I sound a little panicky, I’ve just returned enough IEM’s for this issue lol

Jan 25, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #43 of 163
Ohhh ok, I was fearful that they would reach Titan 1 or 1more triple driver level of sound leakage.

Would you happen to know how they compare in sound leakage to the dn-2000?
I’m currently using the Pinnacle P2 and they are very good with minimal sound leakage. I absolutely love DUNU’s house sound but I absolutely cannot have an IEM that I can only turn up to 1/4 of the volume due to how bad it spews sound out. Sorry if I sound a little panicky, I’ve just returned enough IEM’s for this issue lol

I need to find a point of comparison we both know, because P2 is on the way, still hasn't reached me. I don't have DN-2000 or Titan 1.

Wait, is Titan 1 FiiO F5? It has less leaking then.

Let me see.

DK-3001 leaks a bit more, Falcon-C leaks a bit less than them

But I need Spinfit large (white) with DK-3001, while for Falcon-C I am using a smaller spinfit and I'm getting a deeper fit, so that might also play a role in this

Jan 25, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #44 of 163
I mean, don't get me wrong, you can hear that DK-3001 is the bigger brother quality and price, it has more detail and resolution, but I am still amazed at how clear and lively Falcon-C is.

This comparison reminded me how much I actually love DK-3001 and how much I appreciate them

Jan 25, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #45 of 163
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back