Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Oct 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #136 of 2,536
Haha! Thank you. Maybe I should lay low right after I get the XBA H1; be on a honeymoon stage with my 3 hybrids and only come back after two years?
I don't think I can resist head-fi for that long tho... :ph34r:

beware, when i logged into HeadFi my wallet took a big hit :D

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #137 of 2,536
beware, when i logged into HeadFi my wallet took a big hit
biggrin.gif

It seems that is a common issue around here 
tongue.gif

Oct 17, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #138 of 2,536
  Yup, great impressions d marc0! Thanks.

Thanks Wayne! Time to pull that wallet out mate... 
wink_face.gif

Just kidding, I think you should wait for more impressions on the Sony XBA-H series first.

d marc0 congrats on you complete review and the comparison, from reading it I get the feel you prefer the Dunu always slightly. 

Thanks. When comparing side-by-side one would definitely prefer the Dunu because its technical advantage becomes more apparent. On the other hand: when I pick up the H-200 for a casual listening session, I never feel the need to grab the DN-1000. 

Quote:
  Nice impressions d marc0 ... I agree with you for the most part (I feel overall that the DN-1000 is quite a bit more farther ahead of the H-200, but I also believe cables can have an effect on the T-Peos for the better). Nice read. 

Thanks ericp10. I do understand your point being the DN-1000 is a bit more farther ahead of the H-200. Spending an extra $65 - $110 for a cable upgrade on the H-200 (which already costs $250) just to make it sound better really pulls down its value. We're really lucky to have gotten the H-200 at a discounted price! 
beerchug.gif

Oct 17, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #139 of 2,536
  Thanks Wayne! Time to pull that wallet out mate... 
wink_face.gif

Just kidding, I think you should wait for more impressions on the Sony XBA-H series first.

Thanks. When comparing side-by-side one would definitely prefer the Dunu because its technical advantage becomes more apparent. On the other hand: when I pick up the H-200 for a casual listening session, I never feel the need to grab the DN-1000. 

Thanks ericp10. I do understand your point being the DN-1000 is a bit more farther ahead of the H-200. Spending an extra $65 - $110 for a cable upgrade on the H-200 (which already costs $250) just to make it sound better really pulls down its value. We're really lucky to have gotten the H-200 at a discounted price! 
beerchug.gif

X2

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #140 of 2,536
Anyone know how these would compare to the CKS1000? Listening to a pair right now. Really liking the sound but the fit and microphonics are bothering me. From the impressions in this thread they seem to have a similar presentation. Considering returning the cks and getting a pair of these.

Oct 19, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #147 of 2,536
  Found this... if those are DUNU's measurements of the DN-1000... they look a little scary...  

So, just to clear this up, that is not the frequency response curve of the DN-1000... you could say it's the "insertion gain" of the DN-1000 at various insertion depths.

A similar chart is referenced in the patent for the AKG K3003:

Quote from AKG Acoustics GmbH:
FIG. 9 illustrates the emitted sound pressure simulated in an artificial ear. Four curves that correspond to front volumes of 0.1 cm3, 0.4 cm3, 0.7 cm3 and 0.9 cm3 are plotted on a logarithmic scale against the frequency between about 100 Hz and about 20 kHz. The maxima of the curves that form at the resonance frequency are shifted to higher frequencies at smaller front volume showing the improvement when compared to known devices.

So now you know where DUNU got this idea from.
etysmile.gif

Oct 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #148 of 2,536

Users who are viewing this thread

Back