Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jan 16, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #1,849 of 2,536
Thanks for advices.
I got mail from Dunu and they will replace it, yay
biggrin.gif

They told me to send earphones only. Can I send it in envelope (filled with bubblewrap or something) ?

Well, considering its pretty much a toasted unit with expired cabling maybe you can just throw it across the ocean to them? You know, work up one of those swinging circular motions above your head and launch it across to China? 

But really, a padded envelope should be enough.

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #1,852 of 2,536
Anyone own the DX90 and Dunu DN1000? I wondering how they pair together. I tried using the "search this thread" and nothing is happening.

I'm thinking about getting another pair of DN-1000 just for my DX90, my gut tells me it will be a worthy pairing, I didn't think much of it with DX50 (unless amped) but DX90 is another story. Either the 1000 or DN-2000. This is just going off putting the tonality and signatures together I think it will be worth the time. 

Btw, if anyone in Australia wants to sell their DN-1000 please let me know.

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #1,853 of 2,536

I'm thinking about getting another pair of DN-1000 just for my DX90, my gut tells me it will be a worthy pairing, I didn't think much of it with DX50 (unless amped) but DX90 is another story. Either the 1000 or DN-2000. This is just going off putting the tonality and signatures together I think it will be worth the time. 

Ugh I am planning to sell mine when I get the warranty replacement back but I'm located in the US.

Jan 18, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #1,854 of 2,536
Ugh I am planning to sell mine when I get the warranty replacement back but I'm located in the US.

I'd almost do it but our USD to AUD conversation rate simply isn't worth it currently. $100 USD = $121 AUD.

You guys might want to check out this little XDuoo X2 player for $55 from Penon Audio. It's a very very good little DAP. (another reason why I want DN-1000 again)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/748909/xduoo-x2-small-lossless-player-with-microsd-and-oled

What are you replacing your DN-1000 with?

Jan 18, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #1,855 of 2,536
I'd almost do it but our USD to AUD conversation rate simply isn't worth it currently. $100 USD = $121 AUD.

You guys might want to check out this little XDuoo X2 player for $55 from Penon Audio. It's a very very good little DAP. (another reason why I want DN-1000 again)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/748909/xduoo-x2-small-lossless-player-with-microsd-and-oled

What are you replacing your DN-1000 with?

Yeah that US dollar is going wild. The X2 definitely looks interesting but prefer to wait for Rockbox. Doubt the stock interface will come close. Honestly I would be happy with a  ClipZip aluminum shell. I've thought about it since the first day I got it.

I think I've settled on the Westone W30. Their bass extension is not as good as the DN1000's but, apart from price of course, they are better in pretty much any other aspect which is worth the tradeoff for me. Detachable cable too... *looks at Dunu with disappointment*

Jan 23, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #1,858 of 2,536
Subbed.

May I know what ear tips u all use on these? The fxd eartips? Foam?
Stock?

At moment i use silver ring and traslucent black rinforced tips with large hole.

I still want to try Comply-Tx foam.

Generally speaking, as regards the tip of iem, I think that the more the hole is large unless the sound quality suffers.

With the  tips holes smaller than the accorded duct,together with the sound are emitted reverberations of the same sound.

I hear them clearly.

These reverberations congest the sound degrading the quality.

Besides that, I do not know if it is a suggestion, but I seem to perceive an effect 'intubated, canned' and even a sort of sound compression almost take it to a 'lower bit-rate'.

If i'm going crazy, please, help me...
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #1,859 of 2,536

Hi.
I own dunu dn-1000 and dx90.
I love it, all is great, expect a harsh treble. I knoe people refomended foam tips for that, but they just not realy comfy for me.

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #1,860 of 2,536
Hi.
I own dunu dn-1000 and dx90.
I love it, all is great, expect a harsh treble. I knoe people refomended foam tips for that, but they just not realy comfy for me.

Thanks for sharing! My gut feeling said it would be good.

Do you find the treble harsh on other sources, or just DX90?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back