Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jan 10, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #1,831 of 2,536
  Wearing them over the ears with the earguides has helped me the most. Even in this case though they will slide out a bit every 30 min or so, but not breaking the seal. This is the case with all tips I've tried. Overall the most secure fit I've managed is with the stock clear tips. It usually takes some effort getting them out of my ears with these tips.

Still very much enjoying these IEM's. I found in my experience that tip rolling and experimenting with the spacers is a must to find the ideal fit. I'm currently using the medium clear silicone tips with the silver spaces. The idea is to have the housing held in place by the antitragus. The ideal fit should be that the housing just passes this section of the ear on insertion and is then held in place. I'm getting a perfect seal and when you do these things shine.

I also purchased a headphone clip like this to further reduce strain on the housings if wearing cable down;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170882354914

I wear mine cable down as I don't want sweat on the cables as I'm paranoid about the cable stiffening issue although have not had any symptoms thus far.

I love these IEM's. Don't like the sound signature. Change the tip material. Who needs filters!!

The thing is, I have not heard any better in the way of in ear monitors and I'm starting to think I don't want to either because if I do I'm going to start shelling out more dollars and have the law of diminishing returns arrive on my doorstep.

For the price these are, as Richie Benaud would say, "marvellous".

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #1,832 of 2,536
I got to agree with ye @oldmate. Gotta play a lot with the tips and rings. Currently using the coloured foam tips with silver rings. The bass is tight, and mids are very good, just like what i want. It doesn't go too deep into my ears, and it holds quite well. I guess that one is a large size. Medium size will truly fit my ears i guess. Gotta get that from Complys.

The bass becomes too boomy to my liking when i used medium grey silicon tips. The best ring to use is the silver one regardless of the type of tips used.

Btw, i used the given clip and got no problem while using it during my travel. I wonder what's the need to get 3rd party clip?
confused.gif

Jan 10, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #1,833 of 2,536
  Isn't the issue that they're too heavy they just start falling out?

IMO, not necessarily. With the right tips, it holds well and won't fall out even with its weight, but will cause fatigueness.

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #1,834 of 2,536
  I got to agree with ye @oldmate. Gotta play a lot with the tips and rings. Currently using the coloured foam tips with silver rings. The bass is tight, and mids are very good, just like what i want. It doesn't go too deep into my ears, and it holds quite well. I guess that one is a large size. Medium size will truly fit my ears i guess. Gotta get that from Complys.

The bass becomes too boomy to my liking when i used medium grey silicon tips. The best ring to use is the silver one regardless of the type of tips used.

Btw, i used the given clip and got no problem while using it during my travel. I wonder what's the need to get 3rd party clip?
confused.gif

I did not get one with mine and assumed nobody else did either!!

Jan 10, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #1,835 of 2,536
  I did not get one with mine and assumed nobody else did either!!

Ermm... Well, sorry to disappoint you but i did get one though....

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #1,837 of 2,536
I bought DNK about a half year ago. Sound is great, but I'm very disappointed with the cable. It's all stiffen up (whole cable, not just from Y-split) and its driving me crazy sometimes. Does anybody have "cure" for this?

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #1,838 of 2,536
I bought DNK about a half year ago. Sound is great, but I'm very disappointed with the cable. It's all stiffen up (whole cable, not just from Y-split) and its driving me crazy sometimes. Does anybody have "cure" for this?

No, there's no cure unfortunately and there's many cases of this. Dunu have corrected the issue from their end on all newer batches so a replacement won't have the same issue.I suggest if you're really pleased with the sound contact Dunu and see about sending just the earphone back for a replacment. I know its a pain but its better than throwing them away and there aren't many other options.

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #1,839 of 2,536

H20 tried everything under the sun to try and remedy this problem but to no avail.

Your only option is to contact the manufacturer and arrange for a RMA.

http://www.dunu-topsound.com/

Sorry to hear you have these issues.

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #1,840 of 2,536
In short, there's a chemical in rubber like an elastic which makes it soft and flexible, once this deteriorates from the rubber it cannot be replaced. This is just H20 terms but I've read much about it and there's no way to return the rubber back to its original form.

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #1,842 of 2,536
Thanks for quick replies guys. Im going to write them then, if they can replace it.

Yeah go for it. They are pretty responsive and will likely answer you the same day. All you need is a proof of purchase and the serial number on the y split (Mine had almost completely rubbed off by the way). I sent them my DN1K this Monday for a replacement. Will let you know how it goes.

Another memeber (tooros) had his already replaced. He says the new cable is much better.

Also as a side note, if you love their sound like I do, it will be very hard to find something that has the same sound signature. I spent this week with the Fidue A83 and I was quite disappointed. 

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #1,843 of 2,536
Luckily still got both. I like sound, but on specific songs I got very annoying sibilance (some favourite songs which annoys me much). Btw, how much did you paid for shipping? I live in Europe and I'm little bit worried about shipping price.
Almost forgot, I also have problem with one earphone. It stops playing sometimes - damaged cable, maybe due to stiffnes of it.

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #1,844 of 2,536
Luckily still got both. I like sound, but on specific songs I got very annoying sibilance (some favourite songs which annoys me much). Btw, how much did you paid for shipping? I live in Europe and I'm little bit worried about shipping price.
Almost forgot, I also have problem with one earphone. It stops playing sometimes - damaged cable, maybe due to stiffnes of it.

The cheapest option I had was about $10. I paid $25 so it could get there faster (you are shipping to Taiwan) - I didn't want to miss my babies too much :)

What I do about the occasional sibilance is to use Comply foam tips pushed all the way to the base of the nozzle without a spacer or I eq down the 8-9kHz band by 3-4 db. If you have a more simple eq (like on a mobile phone) you can just eq down the treble by 2-3db. This usually works for me without losing the "sparkle".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back